Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Andrew Bennett's Work

Started by buddyboy101, Nov 11, 2007, 08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smog

gogetyourknife

this one goes out to Derek79 who likes to run his mouth about shit he is clueless on.

Derek claims the film Entertain Me is lame, yet he fails to understand that not only is the version he claims to see older than Chi's buried dreadlocks, but that Chino and I both felt it was a little "bitchy" and did new interviews and cut out a variety of shit, which Derek79 NEVER SAW!

I directed, edited, and shot this film very closely with Chino and Abe, and no one except the three of us really know what is in it as of now.

So kids, you can take the word of some guy who doesnt know shit and gets his inside info from some kid who followed me around for a year, that the band does not even know, or you can rest assured that Chino, Abe and I would never make something whack. We love the fans too much to ever do that.

As a matter of fact, I challenge Derek79 to give me a REAL and INTELLIGENT synopsis of the film if indeed he did see it. I have toured with the Deftones around the country, slept on the bus, sat in the studio during recording sessions, and spent more time at Chino's house than I care too. I have shot videos, EPK's and other shit side by side with this band for years, as well as a catalog of hits for other bands. I have been nominated for VMA's, toured with Van Halen, traveled the world, and smoked with Snoop.

Hey Derek....... what the fuck have you done besides collect autographs?

gogetyourknife

this one goes out to Derek79 who likes to run his mouth about shit he is clueless on.

Derek claims the film Entertain Me is lame, yet he fails to understand that not only is the version he claims to see older than Chi's buried dreadlocks, but that Chino and I both felt it was a little "bitchy" and did new interviews and cut out a variety of shit, which Derek79 NEVER SAW!

I directed, edited, and shot this film very closely with Chino and Abe, and no one except the three of us really know what is in it as of now.

So kids, you can take the word of some guy who doesnt know shit and gets his inside info from some kid who followed me around for a year, that the band does not even know, or you can rest assured that Chino, Abe and I would never make something whack. We love the fans too much to ever do that.

As a matter of fact, I challenge Derek79 to give me a REAL and INTELLIGENT synopsis of the film if indeed he did see it. I have toured with the Deftones around the country, slept on the bus, sat in the studio during recording sessions, and spent more time at Chino's house than I care too. I have shot videos, EPK's and other shit side by side with this band for years, as well as a catalog of hits for other bands. I have been nominated for VMA's, toured with Van Halen, traveled the world, and smoked with Snoop.

Quote from: Derek79 on Nov 13, 2007, 06:25 AM
Quote from: The Captain on Nov 11, 2007, 08:43 PM
Andre probably works with Andrew, he mentions doing the animation on both the deftones and TS EPK's, maybe they went to the same film school. Those Andrew clips were on his site forever (if they're not still), but the Andre vids are both from The Crest in '03, made me scream like a girl. Of all the shows I've been to, that one is still the one I'm most excited to see footage from. I know Andrew('s crew) recorded the full show and someone won the chance to record it off the radio too so that's a 2nd recording unless they took his footage and gave it to Andrew. That sucked, the kid who won got tickets, the opportunity to record the show and interview the band and he didn't even know them at all.

hey, I know Andre, and I was at that show at the Crest too.  From what Andre told me, the whole show was pro-shot / multi-cam for a DVD release, but the fucking tool that was running the soundboard didnt hook everything up until the end, so the only songs w/ the soundboard audio are Minerva & 7 Words.   I know there were lots of non-pro filmers in the crowd too, I looked for a copy of that show for years but could never find anything... all I have is Head Up and its from Andre's camera and the audio is terrible...

And I know no one will believe me, but I dont care... I have seen the full version of that Entertain Me doc and it sucks balls, seriously, it actually made me like the band a little less... all they do is bitch about how much it sucks to be on the road, and how much it sucks that their record label tries to change all of their songs, and there is a good 20 minutes of Chino bitching about having to go on Conan O'Brien when he was sick... and the live tracks are cut all funky, its one audio feed and then video clips from multiple shows, some in slo-mo, etc... but there are a couple of funny parts, someone asks Abe how the band got started, and he says "we were hatched, like baby chikens", and you get to see Chino & Abe practice El Scorcho...  so yeah everyone is all going nuts about this DVD but it is pretty lame... I can definitely see why they wouldnt want to release it.

gogetyourknife

goldpony

"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

lithium

💩

deftonekid

Quote from: gogetyourknife on Aug 30, 2008, 04:27 PM

Are you Andrew? ???

lnkjuice

Seems to be him, yeah :)

Btw, here's an interview I did of him a couple of months ago: http://www.deftnz.net/interview_26.html

Hope you enjoy.
--
www.deftnz.net
www.willhaven.fr

buddyboy101

Quote from: lnkjuice on Aug 31, 2008, 08:59 AM

Btw, here's an interview I did of him a couple of months ago: http://www.deftnz.net/interview_26.html

Hope you enjoy.

excellent interview!  thx for sharing

Penicks

I demand proof that you're him by posting a picture of yourself while holding a sign saying "I cuddle monkeys".

downtownpony

Quote from: Penicks on Aug 31, 2008, 03:59 PM

I demand proof that you're him by posting a picture of yourself while holding a sign saying "I cuddle monkeys".

Id prefer to see some unseen footage wit the Tones or Team Sleep.

lnkjuice

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Aug 31, 2008, 03:54 PM

Hope you enjoy.

excellent interview!  thx for sharing

You're welcome.
--
www.deftnz.net
www.willhaven.fr

gogetyourknife

My girlfriend is the PETA rep, I'll leave the "I Cuddle Monkeys" signs to her.
So my rant was a little harsh, I just can't stand people running their mouths about shit they are clueless on.
My apologies if it came off rude.
andrewbennett

tarkil

So while you're here, we might as well ask you :

Is something gonna happen with that new version you compiled and edited ?

And if not, are you planning some stuff of that kind with the boys ?

Cheers.  :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

lnkjuice

Quote from: tarkil on Aug 31, 2008, 05:06 PM
So while you're here, we might as well ask you :

Is something gonna happen with that new version you compiled and edited ?

And if not, are you planning some stuff of that kind with the boys ?

Cheers.  :)

http://www.deftnz.net/interview_26.html
--
www.deftnz.net
www.willhaven.fr

tarkil

I know I know, I read it already, but who knows, there might be some fresher news...   

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

lnkjuice

The situation seems pretty stuck and hopeless.
--
www.deftnz.net
www.willhaven.fr

deftonekid

Hope you enjoy.

Cool bro. I love this part:
"They are not pretty boys like Linkin Park, and they are not goofy like Weezer, although they are still the funniest mother fuckers I know. The Deftones success does not come from gimicks or a look, or making the same fucking song over and over. They are successful because their records are original genius, and when you go to see them live, they never let you down. If your friend tells you that Green Day rocked so hard last night at the show, you should slap them in the face and take them to a Deftones show."

**Hey Andrew if someday you need a director assistant to any of your future deftones projects or any project, just  let me know, I'm willing to learn cuz I love videos and I love deftones, I dont care if I have to sell my soul to the devil to pay my flight to the US (I live in Mexico). Peace** ;D

skinnypuppy

Quote from: gogetyourknife on Aug 31, 2008, 04:55 PM

My girlfriend is the PETA rep, I'll leave the "I Cuddle Monkeys" signs to her.
So my rant was a little harsh, I just can't stand people running their mouths about shit they are clueless on.
My apologies if it came off rude.
andrewbennett

Sup Andrew. I used to work right above the peta offices... I wonder if we both attended a peta xmas party and didnt even realize it. I used to work at dwell records...

Anyway, guys, I don't have much to prove to any of you, but I've seen Entertain Me (old version?) and it's epic considering that there was so much editing that still needed to occur.

That's all I'm going to really say cause I'm not sure how much you want out on the web, Andrew. But yea, I really, really hope it sees the light of day. Maybe once the contract with Mav/Warn is up, eh? Who knows.  I tried my hardest to get it approved and after like 8 months of back and forth chatter, I finally got a big "hey, nuhuh..." - really depressing.

gogetyourknife