Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

BEST INTERVIEW EVER

Started by buddyboy101, Nov 29, 2007, 07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corleone

Yeah that was an interesting read, thanks.

mikau

Really cool interview.

By the way, any news about them (deftones) touring at the beginning of next year?. At the beginnin of this year they said they would but I haven't seen anything about that on the recent interviews.

Hidalgo

Quote from: Frankz0r on Nov 29, 2007, 02:33 PM
Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Nov 29, 2007, 11:49 AM
Excellent read, thank you.

do you think they'll rework any of the SNW demos? Since we've never got a demo set, we don't know if any of deftones songs were early ideas from previous records. I can Imagine myself saying: OK!! so this evoluted from demo 5, kicks ass!!!

I think that everyone should forget those demos, and stop wondering if they'll remake them. WHY? cuz that was a phase, another deftones period/era. Every single album is so diferent, it depends on the things the members are passing throug, so I guess it's impossible they can make something similar to what they make 2 years ago... new experiences, new ideas, new EVERYTHING <- and that's why I love deftones, their music is constantly changing and it's not the same as it was 18 - 10 - 5 - 3 years ago.

I really don't care and I don't want a remake of those demos, I think everyone should let it go.
seriously. everyone let the demos go. just enjoy them as they are, & listen to them. do not expect or demand them on the next album with lyrics(or without), cause it just aint happening. let this band create new songs, & move forward.

jesusinabowlofdirt

i rather have remakes of old demo songs that are good than new songs that are shitty.thats what counts, if the songs are good or bad, not if they are new or old.

but the interview was nice, i got all warm inside :)

Hidalgo

you have the songs already, remember?

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Hidalgo on Nov 30, 2007, 05:37 PM

not as final products... reworked demos as final products with good quality and with vocals? cant say that i have them. have you got em? can i please have them, i pay you good

Hidalgo

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Nov 30, 2007, 07:46 PM
Quote from: Hidalgo on Nov 30, 2007, 05:37 PM

not as final products... reworked demos as final products with good quality and with vocals? cant say that i have them. have you got em? can i please have them, i pay you good
LET IT GO, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

you'd just bitch if they reworked them with vocals anyway, & say they ruined them. so just be happy with the tracks as you like them

Deftones-argentina

Nonetheless, I wasn't begging finished tracks, I'm actually happy with what I got (first time in 5 albums!), I was just wondering if they will. We'll see, whatever.

jesusinabowlofdirt

LET IT GO, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

you'd just bitch if they reworked them with vocals anyway, & say they ruined them. so just be happy with the tracks as you like them
[/quote]

im not happy with them without vocals, you see i like chino's singing and no chino=no deftones.but maybe the songs would not be as good as we thought them should be if they finished them, maybe, maybe not, but still better witrh vocals

Hidalgo

truthfully, i have no idea if it will happen or not, but i highly doubt it

lungdamage

I think they will leave those dark times alone, i would be very suprised if they used some of the ezrin demos. they'd be too busy with this positive new approach to dig that shit up, think about it.

rainnyx4

The thing is, those demos weren't that good.  Which is clearly why they didn't make the record.  Unless they were greatly reworked, they would be nothing but b-side material at best

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 07, 2007, 03:34 AM
The thing is, those demos weren't that good.  Which is clearly why they didn't make the record.  Unless they were greatly reworked, they would be nothing but b-side material at best

the entire saturday night wrist album is b-side material.

with the exception of combat

rainnyx4

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Dec 13, 2007, 11:59 AM
Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 07, 2007, 03:34 AM

the entire saturday night wrist album is b-side material.

with the exception of combat

CRAZY.  True, Combat is the best song but Hole In The Earth, Konami Code, Rats, and PCP (if you take out the last part) are perfect as well.

snw9

im very content with the final version of saturday night wrist..honestly some of the demos weren't goin anywhere and they didnt sound like record material..they're OK; some of them are worth a listen or 2 the others just suck but on the record the remake of the demos sounded great as well as the new songs too!
Code: [Select]

mr.sinister

I love SNW. Period. That record was awesome.

Slacker

Jrag2288

8 tracks done. that awesome.