Fuck! Cool as hell!

goldpony

thanks for that, fucking awesome
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Deadradio

Please someone record these shows. Especially if we get a good version like the El Rey show.

Mikey

Quote from: Deadradio on Nov 30, 2007, 03:35 PM
Please someone record these shows. Especially if we get a good version like the El Rey show.
i think the bluebird theater sounds better....
but yeah, we need some audio.

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

lxix

Sorry for my dumbness, but just to clear up, Formant had lyrics yeah?
Thanks

PS You lucky fucker!!

NiChe

sick. no recordings?

el perro

anyone got anything from the first shows? pics? anything?

weakcure

Man, I'm really surprised and bummed out nothing's surfaced yet. :'(

monk

hey, guys. made it to the show, so here's my review of it.

got to the boardwalk really early, so we just chilled in the car while we watched zach hill wander aimlessly in the parking lot. doors opened at 7:30pm, but the first band didn't get on until about an hour and a half later. one of the stories of the night was an ongoing soundcheck nightmare, creating delays. monster machine didn't show up. the first band, strata, was really boring. second band, sonny, played their first live show ever. they had all kinds of sound and mic problems in the beginning, and were cut off from finishing their set because the whole show was running late. after that, some people in front of us decided to leave, so we managed to get right next to the stage. the crowd started chanting "chino", which was kinda lame. finally, they hit the stage around 11pm. everyone starts going crazy. the new songs sounded awesome. "fen fen" is a very ambient song that has chino on vocals without his guitar. "crook vs. zach" sounded very decibel devils-ish. "formant" was played just like the demo version, without vocals. it reminded me a lot of the red sparowes with all the darkness and landscape video playing in the background. "march" is a really short, yet beautiful, instrumental song that has chino speaking, not singing, a verse at the end of it. "new guitar" is another soft song that kinda reminded me of deftones' "deathblow". there was no encore. the rest of the band usually leave the stage when crook and zach play "staring at the queen". also, they didn't play the intro of "ever since WWI". it was actually the ending of staring at the queen, which had only chino and todd playing their guitars. it was awesome.

all in all, it was a good show. i was disappointed at some of the old songs they decided to play, like "ataraxia" and "foreign flag", but the new stuff more than made up for it.

i did manage to get some video, but a lot of it is too dark to watch and badly shot. i didn't go to the show with the intention of properly taping it like others, so i just took out my camera and aimed it in the general direction of the stage or wherever i thought one of the band members was. sometimes, all you see is the band with no heads or just the ceiling haha. "mercedes" however, came out beautifully and i will upload it soon. here are some pics/screens.

tarkil

Good ol' Monk...
Long time we didn't see you around here old man...

Cool to see you're still around... :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Zevaka

This is just awesome, monk!

Inkblades

awesome, monk...ill gladly sit through badly shot footage of any of the new material if it sounds decent...thats all that matters. : )

look forward to hearing mercedes either way...

goldpony

"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt