Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Recommend me some good rock moozik

Started by occipudding, Dec 13, 2007, 12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

occipudding

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 18, 2007, 12:04 AM
I always recommend this band called Swift.  Their last album "The Absolute Uncontrollable" has been my favorite album of the last few years.  This album is perfect.

The best tracks to get you a taste of the album are:
Respect the Blade
60fps
When People Collude

i have 2 cds from swift, absolute uncontrollable and some other one.  a blue one.  has a cool cover of a cure song on it.  and i kinda liked the first track on absolute.  charger i think.  which was the song about his mom?  i liked that song a lot when i first got the cd cause i could really relate to it.
machete!  meow

Starz

Dude, is there any chance you could upload that Swift album? I have Absolute Uncontrollable but have been dying to hear some other albums by them... Thanks!

mrs_swa

try 2 Cents : Lost at Sea. very good rock!
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

occipudding

Quote from: Starz on Dec 18, 2007, 04:50 PM
Dude, is there any chance you could upload that Swift album? I have Absolute Uncontrollable but have been dying to hear some other albums by them... Thanks!

gimme your aim or email or whatever.  my aim is thehumynzygote.  just hit me up there and ill upload and send
machete!  meow

rainnyx4

Their other stuff isn't as good.  They sound a lot like Adrenaline/ATF-era Deftones on their first two (Thoughts are Thought, Waging War).  While they pull off the sound with complete competence, it wasn't really breaking new ground.  They started to come into their own with the ep "A Communication Manual".  "The Absolute Uncontrollable" is their White Pony.

occipudding

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 18, 2007, 11:58 PM

Their other stuff isn't as good.  They sound a lot like Adrenaline/ATF-era Deftones on their first two (Thoughts are Thought, Waging War).  While they pull off the sound with complete competence, it wasn't really breaking new ground.  They started to come into their own with the ep "A Communication Manual".  "The Absolute Uncontrollable" is their White Pony.

thoughts are thought.  thats the one i have.  and i agree with your take on it
machete!  meow