Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

My Review of the Phoenix Show.

Started by E-Money, Dec 13, 2007, 11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

I got to the clubhouse around 4pm. I went really early to try to meet them but their bus wasn't there. The security guard said that they were out to eat.  So i just kicked it at the bar next door for a while.  They let us in early.  Doors were supposed to open at 7 and they let us in about a half an hour early.  The first band Monster in the Machine wasn't bad. Their guitarist was pretty good. The singer was so so... Next came sonny. What a joke. The band was kind of decent but i couldn't stand the singer. They had a decent crowd though.  Just about every emo teenage chick from Phoenix came to see them.  They were all taking up the front row at the time and left right after so I was right in front of Chino for Team Sleep.  Finally Team Sleep came on. I thought Strata was also playing but they didn't show up.  I didn't give a shit. It was one less band I had to sit through. They opened with March which is a great new song.  The new songs are just amazing live! Format was beautiful and New Guitar is perfect. I cant wait until the ep's come out.  Zach Hill is the best drummer on the planet in my opinion. Staring at the Queen was fucking insane.  Natalie Portman was great, longer than usual and had a heavier ending. They ended with King Diamond with a little bit of the revenge of the nerds rap. I got some great pics and vids which ill upload later. I also got a setlist and had it singed after the show.  Real cool guys. Go see this band because they truly are amazing!!

Zevaka

srcuello

Wait, I was there and thought they played the same set list as in El Paso.  Hmmm ... post a pic of the signed list, maybe?  I'm probably wrong, but you've piqued my interest.

srcuello

Quote from: stapezee on Dec 13, 2007, 11:43 AM
Next came sonny. What a joke. The band was kind of decent but i couldn't stand the singer.

Dude, I saw that fucker in El Paso.  It was disgusting.  I timed it so I would miss their set.  Fuck that guy.  The band was decent, but the singer is too whiny and complete rubbish. <fin>

Corleone

nice review, cant wait either

lol@whiny

sleepwalk

I thought the crowd was fucking terrible.
The band sounded great, though.