Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

something for all of us to think about.

Started by theis, Dec 13, 2007, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

watch this video. it's pretty interesting.

[youtube=425,350]bDsIFspVzfI[/youtube]

rainnyx4

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Dec 13, 2007, 01:04 PM
watch this video. it's pretty interesting.

[youtube=425,350]bDsIFspVzfI[/youtube]

Welcome to "whenever this video came out, I don't remember but it was a long time ago."

Jacob

while I do agree with him on a whole, I think he generalizes a bit too much to make a really convincing argument. what if we did spend all that money and there never was a threat to begin with? he says that the worst case scenario would be a global economic depression. how about adding to that all the fighting that would follow because people won't be willing to share their resources? and what of all the oil we decided not to us? wars will be fought to control all the oil again. or maybe the US will keep it all to themselves and have the rest of the world turn on them. see my point?

now, I don't think there's much to argue about in the end. nature IS affected by us, anyone who doesn't believe that is an ignorant egoistic idiot.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

rainnyx4

Quote from: aenemic on Dec 13, 2007, 03:37 PM
while I do agree with him on a whole, I think he generalizes a bit too much to make a really convincing argument. what if we did spend all that money and there never was a threat to begin with? he says that the worst case scenario would be a global economic depression. how about adding to that all the fighting that would follow because people won't be willing to share their resources? and what of all the oil we decided not to us? wars will be fought to control all the oil again. or maybe the US will keep it all to themselves and have the rest of the world turn on them. see my point?

now, I don't think there's much to argue about in the end. nature IS affected by us, anyone who doesn't believe that is an ignorant egoistic idiot.

Doesn't sound too different than what's going on now.

blondie

the happy face answer clears up a lot of my questions about global warming.

Nailec

if one of you actually hears something new in this video, he is an ignorant cunt also.

Quotehow about adding to that all the fighting that would follow because people won't be willing to share their resources? and what of all the oil we decided not to us? wars will be fought to control all the oil again. or maybe the US will keep it all to themselves and have the rest of the world turn on them. see my point?

mhmh if things are done right, there is no more need for oil. and i dont think that it could become that hard to feed us.
i hope and i am pretty sure that before we invade some asian country for rice, there will be resolutions.

one more point: i am not convinced that spending money into better technology would strictly lead to an economic crisis.

thesongyousang

U.S. Government made Zombies will terrorize the earth before that dumb shit happens.

and it will.

Bloody Cape.

"The Nigger that crime follows, Im hitting fine models
and stabbing punks with broken wine bottles..
I beat chumps til their head splits
then break'em like breadsticks
I sex chicks
I'll even fuck a dead bitch..."

Variable

will someone tell me what the nerd in the video said.  I cant watch the video

Nailec

whether global clima change is true or not, we should act and its better to risk an economic crisis than a worldwide war, poverty etc.

Atomic

were all gonna die in 2012 so it duznt matter
My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

Variable

I dont know how anyone can deny global warming.  But for anyone to blame it all on the US is just as stupid

Atomic

if it was that serious the government would cut off power to small, useless towns

Variable

Atomic

Variable

no really.  I know it was a joke.  But your last idea was just stupid

Atomic

Quote from: Atomic on Dec 22, 2007, 11:29 AM
if it was that serious the government would cut off power to small, useless towns
that wasnt a joke, i was Trying to be smart

tarkil

Variable, you will learn quite soon that Atomic is the most stupid thing that ever happened to this board....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Atomic

Variable

Quote from: Atomic on Dec 22, 2007, 11:51 AM
Quote from: Atomic on Dec 22, 2007, 11:29 AM
that wasnt a joke, i was Trying to be smart
No you wern't.  You were trying to be funny.  You are a stupid fake name that is trying to be funny.  Its really obvious.

Atomic

no really, i thought i had a good idea