Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Glasshouse pomona review

Started by hi man, Dec 16, 2007, 01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hi man

monster in the machine - boring
strata - liked a few songs
sonny - hated

team sleep came on around 10:30. there set list was pretty much the same as all the other ones. People started a pit during your skull is red and people got kicked out. the new songs are amazing. but i liked how they preformed on there last tour better than this one. there was more energy in the band last time around. and there was another pit for live on the stage.

thesongyousang

Yes, The 2005 run's setlist was amazing.

"The Nigger that crime follows, Im hitting fine models
and stabbing punks with broken wine bottles..
I beat chumps til their head splits
then break'em like breadsticks
I sex chicks
I'll even fuck a dead bitch..."

thesongyousang

Did they play all of "Staring at the Queen"?

"The Nigger that crime follows, Im hitting fine models
and stabbing punks with broken wine bottles..
I beat chumps til their head splits
then break'em like breadsticks
I sex chicks
I'll even fuck a dead bitch..."

pixElsblUr

Quote from: hi man on Dec 16, 2007, 06:19 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=84kVIzij2Rc

This was a great performance, I remember when this song came on it got pretty fucking cool, I got all the way to the front of the stage.  I recorded the entire show, it sounds like shit though, I'll try and salvage if possible, will up it if it comes out decent.  enjoyed this night very much.

monk

this was the most energetic team sleep crowd i've ever been a part of. as soon as the show started, i had to deal with people around me jumping up and down. one time, this really fat broad that was jumping in front of me, smashed my foot when she landed. that sucked.

i knew it was a matter of time before a small pit broke out and i was right. i remember a pit starting during blvd. nights too, along with the ones already mentioned. when king diamond started to play, i was halfway to the stage. when people rushed towards chino, i found myself almost next to it.

team sleep was great and sounded perfect, but the story of the night was the crowd's energy. it was fun.

marshallcanyon14

I am a huge deftones fan and I saw them a couple times last tour and at the best buy thing in tustin and they kick major ass. I know team sleep is not the deftones, and I gave Chino as much slack as I can give an artist I love except for Trent Reznor, who can do no wrong, but that performance was terrible. Most people left in droves after each song and outside were freezing their ass off muttering what a waste of time that was. I love Chino but that stuff was absolutely terrible live. I tried to like it. I stayed the entire time and hated all of it.  And I was not alone, little sparks of energy here and there, but it sucked and the crowd knew it. Chino's voice was masked by all that bullshit his band was trying to pawn off as music and finally he broke out on his own for a bit and it was ok for about 4 minutes.  I was really disappointed in team sleep and will never go see them again. But it must be an escape from the deftones for Chino and while I respect that, I will not pay for it or support it with my time.
Take it easy, paunch

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: marshallcanyon14 on Dec 23, 2007, 11:54 PM
I am a huge deftones fan and I saw them a couple times last tour and at the best buy thing in tustin and they kick major ass. I know team sleep is not the deftones, and I gave Chino as much slack as I can give an artist I love except for Trent Reznor, who can do no wrong, but that performance was terrible. Most people left in droves after each song and outside were freezing their ass off muttering what a waste of time that was. I love Chino but that stuff was absolutely terrible live. I tried to like it. I stayed the entire time and hated all of it.  And I was not alone, little sparks of energy here and there, but it sucked and the crowd knew it. Chino's voice was masked by all that bullshit his band was trying to pawn off as music and finally he broke out on his own for a bit and it was ok for about 4 minutes.  I was really disappointed in team sleep and will never go see them again. But it must be an escape from the deftones for Chino and while I respect that, I will not pay for it or support it with my time.

Damn, sorry to hear that! To each their own.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: monk on Dec 17, 2007, 05:50 AM
this was the most energetic team sleep crowd i've ever been a part of. as soon as the show started, i had to deal with people around me jumping up and down. one time, this really fat broad that was jumping in front of me, smashed my foot when she landed. that sucked.

i knew it was a matter of time before a small pit broke out and i was right. i remember a pit starting during blvd. nights too, along with the ones already mentioned. when king diamond started to play, i was halfway to the stage. when people rushed towards chino, i found myself almost next to it.

team sleep was great and sounded perfect, but the story of the night was the crowd's energy. it was fun.

now that I think about it, wasn't it the Glasshouse show back on their first tour that had that amazing live version of Natalie Portman?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Slacker

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Dec 30, 2007, 11:59 AM
Quote from: monk on Dec 17, 2007, 05:50 AM

now that I think about it, wasn't it the Glasshouse show back on their first tour that had that amazing live version of Natalie Portman?

yeah i think it was. that performance rocked.

hi man

is there anywhere i can get pictures from this show?