Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

worst movies ever

Started by deftonekid, Dec 16, 2007, 04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Variable on Aug 18, 2008, 03:14 AM
im sure most of you could have figured this out without seeing it.  But the mummy 3 sucked my ass
hahaha...were the yetis at least cool??
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Runs With The Spirit

did it have that angel of a female specimen in the first two in it?

Variable

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 18, 2008, 03:55 AM
Quote from: Variable on Aug 18, 2008, 03:14 AM
im sure most of you could have figured this out without seeing it.  But the mummy 3 sucked my ass
hahaha...were the yetis at least cool??
meh, they were ok.  I didn't want to see it.  But it was one of those things that I got dragged to for the after movie benefits.  So I spent the whole time making fun of the movie.  Let me tell you what, she didn't find that annoying AT ALL ;)

Quote from: Runs With The Spirit on Aug 18, 2008, 06:35 AM
did it have that angel of a female specimen in the first two in it?
yes ross.  Brendan Fraser was in this one too.  Try not to make 50 topics about how amazing he is or anything like that.

Jacob

Quote from: Crazylegs on Aug 16, 2008, 11:52 AM
you suck.

i saw 20 minutes of a film called "nukem' high" yesterday. That might be the worst film ever.

dude, that's Troma. their movies don't count. they make horrible movies on purpose just for laughs.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Variable

kind of like "planet terror"

theis

Well, Planet Terror was more like a tribute to the old B-horror zombie flicks.

I loved it.

The Troma movies are just bad for the sake of being bad.

Variable

yeah but its not like they thought Planet Terror would actually be a good movie.  They purposely paid tribute to a bad genera of movies.  So I kind of see it as the same thing.  I mean it was a well done piece of crap.  But I still wouldn't purposely watch it again.

Corleone

deep blue sea had me in tears it was so bad (yet funny)

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Variable on Aug 18, 2008, 03:33 PM
yeah but its not like they thought Planet Terror would actually be a good movie.  They purposely paid tribute to a bad genera of movies.  So I kind of see it as the same thing.  I mean it was a well done piece of crap.  But I still wouldn't purposely watch it again.
oh i watch movies like C.H.U.D. and They Live all the time
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Runs With The Spirit

Man i never saw The Mummy before right but I just got a ps3 hooked up with full 1080p and all that WORD and I had to try some blu ray too right?? well I picked up Purple Rain of course :) and the mummy and that shit is even better than raiders of the lost ark and the history is immense but c'mon? they had a white guy play the mummy, i mean shit, these were egyptians dawg, from 3000, to 4000 years ago, I mean shit my homebody Horus wasnt even hardly mentioned in that movie and he's the starter of it all!

Falcon head!!! COPTIC TIMES!

all worth it for Rachel Weiz.
(Rachel in hebrew means lovely)

wither-I

300. saw it once awhile back, but ant seem to shake how bad it was, really.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Variable

yeah it was like the same exact over exaggerated fight scene over and over again for the length of an entire movie.

lostpilot

slow motioooooooooon spartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
neverending :-/

Variable

I hope the rumors about them making a movie based off the book "gates of fire" is true.  Because the book was amazing.  Has a lot of potential to be the movie 300 wasn't

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Aug 18, 2008, 01:06 PM
Well, Planet Terror was more like a tribute to the old B-horror zombie flicks.

I loved it.

The Troma movies are just bad for the sake of being bad.

Planet Terror was awesome and Troma movies are so bad they're good!
Quote from: Corleone on Aug 18, 2008, 09:02 PM
deep blue sea had me in tears it was so bad (yet funny)

Lol I liked that one too.

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 18, 2008, 09:53 PM
Quote from: Variable on Aug 18, 2008, 03:33 PM
oh i watch movies like C.H.U.D. and They Live all the time

Respect.

theis

Yeah, movies like C.H.U.D., The Blob and They Live! are major awesomeness.

80's horror FTW!

wither-I

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Aug 19, 2008, 01:55 PM

80's horror FTW!
have you seen the original blob?

wither-I

Quote from: Variable on Aug 19, 2008, 09:21 AM
yeah it was like the same exact over exaggerated fight scene over and over again for the length of an entire movie.
Quote from: bored on Aug 19, 2008, 09:29 AM
haha exactly my thoughts
Quote from: Variable on Aug 19, 2008, 10:34 AM
I hope the rumors about them making a movie based off the book "gates of fire" is true.  Because the book was amazing.  Has a lot of potential to be the movie 300 wasn't
hmmm interesting. ive heard someone mention this book before...

its about the battle @ thermopylae?

theis

Quote from: wither-I on Aug 19, 2008, 05:58 PM
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Aug 19, 2008, 01:55 PM

80's horror FTW!
have you seen the original blob?

Yup. I'm a Steve McQueen fan. I enjoyed it, but I definitely prefer the 80's version.

Variable

Quote from: wither-I on Aug 19, 2008, 06:00 PM
Quote from: Variable on Aug 19, 2008, 09:21 AM
Quote from: bored on Aug 19, 2008, 09:29 AM
haha exactly my thoughts
Quote from: Variable on Aug 19, 2008, 10:34 AM
hmmm interesting. ive heard someone mention this book before...

its about the battle @ thermopylae?
Uh, hellz yes its about Thermopile.  It's a Steven Pressfield book.  I don't know if you have ever read any of his books (But treat yourself if you haven't) he writes historical fiction. 

Gates of fire is written in the first person from the prospective of one of the Spartan slaves ( I know that's not the proper term, he wasn't really a slave, I just cant think of it right now.  But he was like a servant to the Peers you know) who went to Sparta for refuge.  So its really more about Spartan culture and history more than the actual battle.  Because you are with the boy as he grows up over the years in Sparta.  But in the end, his master was one of the 300 and so he also went to the "hot gates" with the Peers.

It's the best book I have ever read.  Its amazing.  And unlike 300, it is very historically accurate.