Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

rats rats rats

Started by Timmy666, Dec 16, 2007, 06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyppe101

Never got into it, Chino's annoying singing turned me off.

Moana..

There Will Be Blood

i love moana and rats rats rats... if i had to choose... I dislike street carp.... :(

hobbette

Altho I've never been keen on Rats Rats Rats (it was definitely a grower) it is no where near as bad as the Idiot Pilot version of Teenager. I think I've maybe listened to that song maybe 4times. It's awful and completely out of tune. It shouldn't have made it onto the BSides album.

theshadeisatool

It was... different.

As for Rats! I love it as a Deftones fan, but I guess parts do not fit - I imagine that would bemuse someone who's not use to them. In away the song sounds like it's "insert token heavy bit here" with regards to the breakdown and the chorus sounds slightly out of place. Still great tune though - love the intro.

goldpony

i always thought steph was going for a meshuggah-like sound on this song...totally made sense to me
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

cyppe101

Quote from: goldpony on Dec 18, 2007, 02:16 PM
i always thought steph was going for a meshuggah-like sound on this song...totally made sense to me
Yeah, listen to Future Breed Machine by Meshuggah

mascara87

Rats is a great song & so is moana!

mr.sinister

Quote from: mascara87 on Dec 18, 2007, 06:40 PM
Rats is a great song & so is moana!
true I love Ratsx3 and moana. the teenager idiot version wasn't that bad. the b-side that i thought was horrible was black moon. it molested my ears!

thesongyousang

"Rats Rats Rats" , Is what the sound would be if "Rickets" & "AOAUE" had a baby .......

Mexican.

"The Nigger that crime follows, Im hitting fine models
and stabbing punks with broken wine bottles..
I beat chumps til their head splits
then break'em like breadsticks
I sex chicks
I'll even fuck a dead bitch..."

Timmy666

Quote from: thesongyousang on Dec 19, 2007, 04:13 AM
"Rats Rats Rats" , Is what the sound would be if "Rickets" & "AOAUE" had a baby .......

?????????

There Will Be Blood

i loveee rats rats rats... awesome drumming

snw9

Hahah it wasn't that bad..Bad enough for steph to go back in the studio and rewrite the parts into Melanie...
Code: [Select]

BillyNo.9

Nice bump. I love Rats!

nineteen

That scream at the end of Mouse Mouse Mouse = monster.

I like the alternate Teenager version...

Northcal

Very underrated song on the deftones catalog!

snw9

I dig rats!rats!rats! but Melanie takes the punch
Code: [Select]

N0S3BLEED976

Easily in my top 10 songs by Deftones

deftones47

Poltergeist

The alternate version of "Teenager" is great. I like it just as much as the original. "Rats" would be better without Chino's screaming, however. Totally ruins the song.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Poltergeist on Aug 13, 2014, 05:29 AM
The alternate version of "Teenager" is great. I like it just as much as the original. "Rats" would be better without Chino's screaming, however. Totally ruins the song.

Dude, his screams in this song are unreal. Rats is more in the same vein like say a Converge or Dillinger Escape Plan song. I think you have to be familiar and used to the the harsh sound of those bands I mentioned before you can fully appreciate Rats, though.