Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

rats rats rats

Started by Timmy666, Dec 16, 2007, 08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poltergeist

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Aug 13, 2014, 12:54 PMDude, his screams in this song are unreal. Rats is more in the same vein like say a Converge or Dillinger Escape Plan song. I think you have to be familiar and used to the the harsh sound of those bands I mentioned before you can fully appreciate Rats, though.

I'm familiar with those groups and harsh music in general. Meshuggah fan here. But screaming "DECIDE!" over and over in the most annoying pitch isn't my kind of thing. I don't know. "When Girls Telephone Boys" is probably my favorite Deftones track, so it's not like I have anything against their heavier material.

General Pong Krell

Quote from: Poltergeist on Aug 14, 2014, 10:00 AM
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Aug 13, 2014, 12:54 PMDude, his screams in this song are unreal. Rats is more in the same vein like say a Converge or Dillinger Escape Plan song. I think you have to be familiar and used to the the harsh sound of those bands I mentioned before you can fully appreciate Rats, though.

I'm familiar with those groups and harsh music in general. Meshuggah fan here. But screaming "DECIDE!" over and over in the most annoying pitch isn't my kind of thing. I don't know. "When Girls Telephone Boys" is probably my favorite Deftones track, so it's not like I have anything against their heavier material.

Let me guess you're one of those scrubs who doesn't like Hexagram either?

N0S3BLEED976

I was just generalizing. I just got the feeling that some people complaining about Rats don't listen to music with this level of intensity in general and therefore shouldn't be the judge here.

Poltergeist

Quote from: General Pong Krell on Aug 14, 2014, 10:35 AMLet me guess you're one of those scrubs who doesn't like Hexagram either?

"Hexagram" is outstanding. Not one of my favorites off the self-titled record, but still a great song.

Again. I love the heavier Deftones material and might even prefer it over their calmer stuff. I mentioned WGTB. "Engine No. 9" and "Around the Fur" are two other favorites. Sorry, but his piercing screams in "Rats" sound forced. Just my opinion.

General Pong Krell

Quote from: Poltergeist on Aug 14, 2014, 08:12 PM
Quote from: General Pong Krell on Aug 14, 2014, 10:35 AMLet me guess you're one of those scrubs who doesn't like Hexagram either?

"Hexagram" is outstanding. Not one of my favorites off the self-titled record, but still a great song.

Again. I love the heavier Deftones material and might even prefer it over their calmer stuff. I mentioned WGTB. "Engine No. 9" and "Around the Fur" are two other favorites. Sorry, but his piercing screams in "Rats" sound forced. Just my opinion.

you're a fag

cvthedrv

if you dont like "rats..." then you dont like deftones.

Poltergeist

General Pong Krell

Quote from: cvthedrv on Aug 14, 2014, 10:02 PM

this

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: General Pong Krell on Aug 14, 2014, 10:38 PM
Quote from: cvthedrv on Aug 14, 2014, 10:02 PM

this

Huh? Not true.

Bifrost

I agree, I like the song except for the whole "decide!!" thought it was pretty uninspired and repetitive... musically the songs is pretty damn cool though I must say, vocals are definitely kind of lacking on that one...

Diplo

The screams, the drum, the final inhale scream, a fucking good song to me.

N0S3BLEED976

deftones47

Quote from: Diplo on Aug 18, 2014, 09:39 PM
The screams, the drum, the final inhale scream, a fucking good song to me.

cvthedrv