occipudding

Quote from: Atomic on Dec 22, 2007, 09:56 AM
music is music
it duznt hav to mean anything
it only has to sound good to the person listening to it

or at least the people who own radio and tv companies
machete!  meow

stu

everybody is forgetting about the artist who obviously has communicated a feeling or motif, otherwise you wouldn't be talking about it. to say that this comment is a universality is false but to say people who feel this way may subconsciously want to affect people in the same capacity is something worth talking about.

Atomic

dont like it? turn off the stereo

LOCK THIS THREAD NOW
My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

theis

Atomic

smart, u come up with that all by yorself? ::)

Shaye

Quote from: Zevaka on Dec 17, 2007, 05:10 PM
I've just found this opinion from one dude (music fan, btw) and now i'm thinking again and again about it. It just take all my thoughts
He said (wrote, it's on one board) the following:
Quotekid yourself all you want but music has never brought anything but romantic fantasies to the minds of the whole population and tricked us into believing something that's not true: there's something that connects all of us. some people describe music as the universal language but they're just blind, we're communicating for escapism and listening for escapism. it's a cruel gag we've been playing on ourselves since the first beat of a drum was beat and rhythm was born. and now with the current trend in music to listen to as many possible artists as you can fit in one computer there isn't even a sense of community. we're alienating ourselves and it's sickening.

So far, i haven't found anything wrong in these arguments. DO WE really kid ourselves? Is music really so fucking overrated thing?

Goddamn, why did i read this.

I think that quote is the biggest load of BS I've ever seen. It sounds like whoever thought to type up a piece of garbage like that has no idea what they're talking about and secondly, for some reason wants to turn the idea of listening to music into some sort of philosophy theory.

This person sounds a little bitter about something to me. Why not just take it for what it is? Music is Music. Has anyone here ever heard anyone say that they don't like music? People might not like all kinds of music, but as a whole, I've never come across a human being that didn't like music. It is a universal language. No matter what language you speak or what culture you come from, music is still music.

We're communicating for escapism and listening for escapism??? WTF? So what? Music isn't the only art form, or form of expression that allows human beings to do so. We'd all be murdering each other is we didn't have some sort of outlet.

And this person can't be serious by saying that we're alienating ourselves by listening to as many artists as we can fit on a computer. Really? Why isn't this person at a museum all pissed off that they put as many paintings by different artists that they could fit in that building. I think it's the computers themselves, communicating through text message, email and cell phones rather than face to face. Calling any company and having to go through 15 minutes or recorded menus...that's what isolates us. Music has been around for how long now and this genius basically just cited having 5000 mp3s in your itunes as the reason for human isolation. If  you think about it, music is still one of the few things that brings people together in the world.

I don't think we're kidding ourselves at all. If you love music, keep listening. Go back and read that quote again and again until you realize how ridiculous it is. This sounds like it's coming from the same type of person who would want to narrow down the cause of a school shooting to what video games a kid was playing and how many Marilyn Manson cds someone owns.

Atomic

*nods politely*  ;D Shaye is smart

Shaye

Quote from: Atomic on Dec 26, 2007, 04:14 PM
*nods politely*  ;D Shaye is smart

Thank you, thank you.

That whole music quote got me all fired up. I actually read it a few days ago and thought about it before I responded with my thoughts. Ugh....    >:(

occipudding

Quote from: Shaye on Dec 26, 2007, 04:02 PM
Has anyone here ever heard anyone say that they don't like music? People might not like all kinds of music, but as a whole, I've never come across a human being that didn't like music.

deaf people don't like music
machete!  meow

Shaye

Quote from: occipudding on Dec 27, 2007, 01:45 AM
Has anyone here ever heard anyone say that they don't like music? People might not like all kinds of music, but as a whole, I've never come across a human being that didn't like music.

LMAO...I want to think of something clever to say in response to this, but I can't.

Oh well, you know what I mean.

goldpony

ive actually met deaf people who like music. they just dont like it in a traditional sense...mostly the vibrations from the speaker (not in a sexual way). sorta like a blind person can see you by feeling your face, kinda the same thing.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Atomic

Quote from: goldpony on Dec 27, 2007, 09:53 PM
ive actually met deaf people who like music. they just dont like it in a traditional sense...mostly the vibrations from the speaker (not in a sexual way).
HAHAHAHA ;D SPEAKER SEX

occipudding

ive actually met deaf people who like music. they just dont like it in a traditional sense...mostly the vibrations from the speaker (not in a sexual way). sorta like a blind person can see you by feeling your face, kinda the same thing.

umm, don't quote me on this... but i think you are very gullible person

"wow, that song felt really good!" HAHAHAHA
machete!  meow

Atomic

i luv u occipudding :)

was that directed at me?

goldpony

Quote from: occipudding on Dec 29, 2007, 03:03 AM

like i said they dont listen in a traditional sense, but they can pick up on different frequencies in the vibration, not only from a sub but from tweeters too. not all deaf people do it, but i have known some
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

occipudding

Quote from: goldpony on Dec 29, 2007, 09:53 PM
Quote from: occipudding on Dec 29, 2007, 03:03 AM

like i said they dont listen in a traditional sense, but they can pick up on different frequencies in the vibration, not only from a sub but from tweeters too. not all deaf people do it, but i have known some

you know some perverted deaf people

Quote from: Atomic on Dec 29, 2007, 01:32 PM
i luv u occipudding :)

was that directed at me?

in the words of the rza, "huh?"  on a side note though, i hate it when you leave but i love to watch you go ...to the bathroom
machete!  meow

Atomic

and i hate yor leavings but i love to watch u go :P