Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Started by theis, Dec 18, 2007, 02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penicks

yup, it's like they're parodies of themselves, which sounds ridiculous because like you said, they've always been over-the-top. but something feels off, almost fabricated about this season.

Jacob

I see your point and I agree about the Analyzed episode. they can never really take things too far, but I think a big difference is how there used to be neutral characters around them who made everything seem more human/real. that interaction isn't there as often and not done nearly as well as it used to be. but the humor is still the same as ever, they're stil as twisted and egocentric as ever.

anyway, I think the good episodes this season make up for the lame parts. there have been less funny seasons before.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

chick de la lynch

So I finally started watching this show and it's pretty darn good. It has a tendency to strike out from time to time, which I have accepted as just being part of the show. But when they get the humor right, it's fucking funny as hell!

Favorite moments:
Kitten Mittons
CharDee MacDennis
Li'l Kevin
Charlie's encounter with Santa Claus (I love Charlie Day's delivery. It wouldn't be as funny if he didn't do it)
The Nightman Cometh. I can never get that song out of my head.
Thunder Gun Express
The High School Reunion. I seriously laughed for five minutes when Mac put on his name tag. I couldn't get over that!
The Gang Buys a Boat.

I'm about to start the latest season. It's weird how fast I got through the first seven seasons of the show in a week.

bright lights, big city

Nice, and that was really quick. Coincidentally just caught the Gang Buys A Boat on Comedy Central a couple nights ago. It's a classic, it really shows how creepy Dennis gets these last few years. Plus it has the party boat with "the special treats", the barnacles, Charlie diving for treasure in the toxic river, and Dee dancing like those inflatable things at the used car lots.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

"...because of the implication"

Also, Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person is probably my favorite Sunny episode ever.

chick de la lynch

If I had to rank the Gang on who's the most morally bankrupt in the group, it would go like this:

1] Dennis
2] Frank
3] Mac
4] Dee
5] Charlie

I loved Charlie Day in Horrible Bosses and I love him on this. He just makes things better.

Crazylegs

Surely Dee is worse than Mac. My list would feature all Reynoldses on the podium.

jbmp1390

It's kind of hard to rank who's the worst. They're all terrible people, even Charlie at times. It depends on the episode, but they all have their moments where some are worse then others. I'm beginning to notice that the longer I watch the show the more irritated I become by this aspect. Especially in the later seasons. I used to find their lack of morality and self analyzation to be funny but now I'm just finding it more and more irritating even when I watch older episodes. I'm just having trouble suspending my disbelief. I'm a person who likes the theme of comeuppance to play a large part in shows that I watch and their is almost none of that in this show. There sometimes is for other characters but never really for members of the gang. I realize that it's a ridiculous show but the more I watch the more difficult it becomes for me to believe that these people continue to manage to make it through life as well as they do without examining themselves or their own actions at all. I really wish that they would do an episode similar to the Seinfeld finale. Have someone finally explain to the gang all the things that are wrong with them and for the gang to finally ''get it''.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

chick de la lynch

I put Dee lower on the list because it seems like she gets screwed over the most in the Gang, which makes her somewhat sympathetic or at least more sympathetic than Mac. I love the running gag with her car. How many has she been through now? Six?

When I first started watching it, I really couldn't believe that people enjoyed watching this show because the characters are so awful. I read an interview with Rob McElhenney that when the series ends, it won't end well for the Gang. I don't think we'll ever get the satisfaction of the Gang fully coming to terms that their horrible people, and I don't think I want them to come to terms with that.

chick de la lynch

Dennis has always been a creepy character. This video just exacerbates it ten fold.

Crazylegs

NightTimeCavity

Season 9, anyone? It's pretty damn funny so far.

theis

Yeah, I'm feeling it!

Mac with the sword...fucking hilarious.

Crazylegs

Loving it man. Dennis at the end of the first episode was classic.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

why the fack hasn't the first episode of season 10 leaked yet? Imdb tells me it premiered 4 days ago.

bright lights, big city

It's not airing until January, last I heard. Instead of Sunny and The League starting 4 days ago, FX premiered The League and "new" Ali G episodes.
DERP

Crazylegs

BewareTheWater

Only 5 star men can appreciate this show