5) Be Quiet and Drive
6) Around the Fur
7) Diamond Eyes
8)Damone
9) Lovers
10) Combat

Quote from: from_musings on Sep 03, 2011, 09:43 AM
melanie

I love that song - too bad the recording is so bad.
It's sure to be one of my favourites when we finally get to hear the studio version - if there is a studio version and if it is even on Eros

pinkmaggit

Thinking of Melanie - when I first heard it I thought - cool I can't wait, we're going to have this song on the new album in just a few months and it's going to be a scorcher by the sounds of it so far!!!, not knowing the terrible events that were to unfold.
I was so disappointed when it was announced that Eros was being postponed indefinitely.
Fast forward a few months and we got to hear Rocket Skates for the first time live and as much as I love that song I've always thought Melanie was the better of the two.
By the way how do we even know that songs name is Melanie?
I've heard the rumour that the band were naming songs on Eros after strippers but they were probably just working titles.
Was it actually announced at the concert that its name was Melanie?
When Eros does eventually come out I have a feeling it will be called something else.

from_musings

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Sep 06, 2011, 10:41 PM
Thinking of Melanie - when I first heard it I thought - cool I can't wait, we're going to have this song on the new album in just a few months and it's going to be a scorcher by the sounds of it so far!!!, not knowing the terrible events that were to unfold.
I was so disappointed when it was announced that Eros was being postponed indefinitely.
Fast forward a few months and we got to hear Rocket Skates for the first time live and as much as I love that song I've always thought Melanie was the better of the two.
I've heard the rumour that the band were naming songs on Eros after strippers but they were probably just working titles.
When Eros does eventually come out I have a feeling it will be called something else.

no we don't know for sure, but some working titles were trempest ,destiny, dallas and melanie. during the making of eros, i remember chino posted an electronic demo beat called "you've seen the butcher" i guess that's one thing from eros that ended up on d.e - a song title. maybe some riffs too

McFly

Battle-Axe
Hexagram
Bloody Cape
Be Quiet & Drive
Royal
Prince
Beware
Change
Kimdracula
When Girls Telephone Boys

M1GHTY M4VS

Quote from: from_musings on Sep 15, 2011, 11:20 AM
Quote from: pinkmaggit on Sep 06, 2011, 10:41 PM

no we don't know for sure, but some working titles were trempest ,destiny, dallas and melanie. during the making of eros, i remember chino posted an electronic demo beat called "you've seen the butcher" i guess that's one thing from eros that ended up on d.e - a song title. maybe some riffs too

They had Melanie on their Setlist Paper when they played it, though. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OH-mvRY7jBU/SNNnvzjh77I/AAAAAAAAG0U/FKyD3F8I31s/s1600-h/def_7612.jpg

from_musings

ok! thanks for posting. i love the spaceland version. frank's effects was great

Vesanic

That was the Spaceland setlist ? Rats, Rapture and W.G.T.B weren't played...

from_musings

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 15, 2011, 09:16 PM

it says spaceland on the list, perhaps that was the planned show but they skipped those scream songs because maybe chino's voice was sore ^

iamthecentury

1. Digital Bath
2. Combat
3. Battle-Axe
4. Engine No. 9
5. When Girls Telephone Boys
6. Risk
7. Needles And Pins
8. CMND\CTRL
9. Deathblow
10. Rats!Rats!Rats!

it always changes from time to time, but at the moment that's it.

Vesanic

Quote from: from_musings on Sep 15, 2011, 09:41 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 15, 2011, 09:16 PM

it says spaceland on the list

Thanks but I've got eyes, you know. I'm just surprised. Ending with Rats... That would have been/would be sick.

from_musings

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 16, 2011, 11:21 AM
Thanks but I've got eyes, you know

how about using them?

j/k  ;)

Redsun

1. Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
2. Beware
3. Rapture
4. Xerces
5. Change (In The House of Flies)
6. Digital Bath
7. When Girls Telephone Boys
8. Minerva
9. Birthmark
10. Lifter

-- Covers Top 3 --
1.  If Only Tonight We Could Sleep (Cure Cover)
2.  No Ordinary Love (Sade Cover)
3.  Drive (Cars Cover)

pinkmaggit

I listened to Hexagram the first time tonight in quite a while.
Can't get over how good this song is - definitely in my top 3 favourites.
Do you think Deftones will ever make a song that heavy again, with as much of the blood curdling screams
I mean those screams are the most awesome thing I've ever heard!!!! - There just is nothing else like it!!
Sure there were some good screams on DE, especially at the end of Royal but nothing like Hexagram.
I really wish they'd make more songs like that, and another album like the Self Titled - THE BEST ALBUM EVER MADE.

ponyx

i dont think chino will scream much anymore.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: ponyx on Sep 24, 2011, 03:54 AM
i dont think chino will scream much anymore.

No i agree, screams will be phased out, i think the band is becoming less about the screaming, plus chino's voice will pack in if he continues it

sing blue silver

yeah he's obviously focusing more on singing these days. gotta go easier on the old pipes after all these years. also being closer to forty it probably seems kind of silly to be running around screaming all the time. seems to happen to a lot of singers.

on topic, 10 is too many to narrow it down to but i'd say hexagram is my number one all time favorite deftones song.

from_musings

roughly counting, it was about 4 songs with screams in snw and 5 songs with screams in d.e.maybe chino throws in a couple of screams in 2-3 songs on the new one just to show that they are aware of their roots/pleasing the old fans.but yeah, i too reckon a more mellow vibe as they get older

wheresmysnare

Find this hard to answer, I have a maternal instinct to deftones songs, which is strange given that I'm male. As an example, pink cellphone has a face only a mother could love and yet I do have a place in my heart for it. However there is an exception, Cmnd cntrl is a fucking black sheep bastard child and should of died during birth IMO.

Top 10 no particular order: pink maggit, damone, fireal/swords, lifter, feiceteria, digital bath, rivière, bored, engine no.9, dai the flu

Mixxel

1. Bloody Cape
2. Lotion
3. Battle-Axe
4. Engine No. 9
5. Nosebleed
6. Rickets
7. My Own Summer
8. Around the Fur
9. Hexagram
10. Passenger
Deftones seen live @:

Paradiso 2009
Melkweg 2010
013 2010
Paradiso 2011

All shows took place in the Netherlands.

theory

battle axe
digital bath
birthmark
korea
root
elite
passenger
dai the flu
be quiet and drive
needles and pins