Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What will deftones be in like... 20 years?

Started by mikau, Dec 20, 2007, 09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikau

Instrument wise it would remain as good but, do you see chino singing songs like hexagram then? ;D

rainnyx4

Quote from: mikau on Dec 20, 2007, 09:48 PM
Instrument wise it would remain as good but, do you see chino singing songs like hexagram then? ;D

I honestly don't see Chino's voice holding up for very much longer should he keep up his current path (lots of drinking and drugs and not warming up before shows).  The guy seriously needs to see a voice coach and cut out the hard life before he completely screws up his throat (more so than it already is).

goldpony

in 20 years they will be in their mid 50s...i dont see them being the rolling stones, but who knows. maybe chino will lipsynch all the songs ;D
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

cyppe101

mikau

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 20, 2007, 09:58 PM

I honestly don't see Chino's voice holding up for very much longer should he keep up his current path (lots of drinking and drugs and not warming up before shows).  The guy seriously needs to see a voice coach and cut out the hard life before he completely screws up his throat (more so than it already is).

how do you know he doesn't take care of his voice?. I heard he uses a technique to harm it the least possible.

Quote from: cyppe101 on Dec 20, 2007, 10:07 PM
In 20 years, there is no deftones

i think so too

rainnyx4

Quote from: mikau on Dec 20, 2007, 10:09 PM

how do you know he doesn't take care of his voice?. I heard he uses a technique to harm it the least possible.

i think so too

How do I know?  Because it's obvious.  I'm a singer too and I know that he doesn't warm up before shows (I believe Chi said something about Chino never warming up) and it's incredibly important as a vocalist.  The guy also smokes, drinks, and does drugs which are all terrible for your throat.  Ever notice how he sounds completely different between ATF and White Pony?  It's because he nearly destroyed his throat in between those albums.

ignore the fashion

as much as i love the deftones, i honestly don't think they'll still be around in 20 years.

occipudding

maybe chino'll have a voice box in 20 years and it'll sound like that dude from south park is singing all the songs.
machete!  meow

goldpony

Quote from: occipudding on Dec 20, 2007, 10:48 PM
maybe chino'll have a voice box in 20 years and it'll sound like that dude from south park is singing all the songs.

then he wont have to use effects for elite!
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

mikau

ugh, i hate the sound of that thing, its creepy.

mikau

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 20, 2007, 10:32 PM
Quote from: mikau on Dec 20, 2007, 10:09 PM

i think so too

How do I know?  Because it's obvious.  I'm a singer too and I know that he doesn't warm up before shows (I believe Chi said something about Chino never warming up) and it's incredibly important as a vocalist.  The guy also smokes, drinks, and does drugs which are all terrible for your throat.  Ever notice how he sounds completely different between ATF and White Pony?  It's because he nearly destroyed his throat in between those albums.

Interesting. I had never noticed that his voice from adrenaline/atf is really different to the one on wp until now.

PD: Sorry for double post.

deftonekid

in 20 years me and my pal Chino will be smoking a lot of weed in Hawaii

nah I think Chino's throat will be pretty fucked up then, so no more deftones...

White Wrist

theis

Deftones-argentina

cyppe101

Quote from: goldpony on Dec 20, 2007, 10:51 PM

then he wont have to use effects for elite!
hahahahahahaha

Frankz0r

There won't be Deftones.... I rather see them not playing than playing shit music like metallica.

There Will Be Blood

pissedandpierced

"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Shaye

Quote from: Frankz0r on Dec 21, 2007, 01:53 PM
There won't be Deftones.... I rather see them not playing than playing shit music like metallica.

QFT.

I know the Rolling Stones deserve their props, I'm sure everyone can pretty much agree to that, but they need to just stop already. They are the perfect example (along with Metallica and even Bon Jovi) of what I hope the Deftones DON'T try to do in 20 years.

I don't think Chino's voice would hold out either. Someone mentioned the difference between his voice in ATF and WP, aside from that his voice in almost all of SNW has a different sound to it as well from what I can tell. Aging, drinking, smoking and drugs do nothing but speed up the process of screwing up your vocal cords.

I rather them do a couple more albums and just go out on top. I want to remember them at their best, not see them messing it all up by trying to relive their "glory days". But that's just me.