Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

what is your job

Started by occipudding, Dec 29, 2007, 05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

Quote from: goldpony on Dec 30, 2007, 12:02 AM
Quote from: Variable on Dec 29, 2007, 11:56 PM
red cross sells blood to the military for ridiculously high prices.  Thanks red cross, way to serve.

we also donate cell phones at no cost to military and their families in addition to setting up contact between service men and women and their families plus a myriad of other services, including disaster relief, at no cost. the blood cost a lot of money to process due to the fact we are under the guidelines of the FDA, as blood products are considered pharmiceuticals. if i'm correct, and i know you'll correct me if im not, much of what the military receives is frozen which costs a ton of money to process. believe me, hospitals get charged the knot too
well I have never gotten a cell phone offer, nor heard of them.  But the red cross does provide the communication if something bad happens while you are deployed.  That is nice.  And yeah blood is a medication.  And yes the military gets lots of frozen products.  And yes hospitals get charged.  But people assume when they give to the red cross that it is free to the military.  There are programs that give to the military for free.  I give to them whenever I can

goldpony

Quote from: deftonekid on Dec 30, 2007, 12:06 AM
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Dec 29, 2007, 07:43 PM
Quote from: deftonekid on Dec 29, 2007, 07:17 AM
I'm finishing my majoring in Comunication Science, but I already want to start studying another one (filmmaking). I already applied for 2 cinematographic schools here in Mexico but I didn't have luck, hope the next year the story changes. We'll see. For now I don't have a job, I'm gonna wait sometime to see if I can still studying. Otherwise I'll have to take a crapy job I guess.

Well good luck brohym!

thx bro, hope to be able to keep studying.

i say save up to buy a camera and make your own movies and post them online. i would love to see what you come up with
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

I dont think you are bad for working for them or anything.  Im just in a bad mood.

They also educate the community on first response , that is pretty important

13hourstoparadise

Charlie Day, the guy that plays Charlie Kelly in It's Always Sunny in Philidaphia. His pilot cost $85 dollars and FX bought it on the spot.

deftonekid

Quote from: goldpony on Dec 30, 2007, 12:11 AM
I'm finishing my majoring in Comunication Science, but I already want to start studying another one (filmmaking). I already applied for 2 cinematographic schools here in Mexico but I didn't have luck, hope the next year the story changes. We'll see. For now I don't have a job, I'm gonna wait sometime to see if I can still studying. Otherwise I'll have to take a crapy job I guess.

Well good luck brohym!

i say save up to buy a camera and make your own movies and post them online. i would love to see what you come up with

yeah it'd be nice, but in order to be good at it, I rather prefer to study.

but yeah I'll be doing some shortmovies tho.

goldpony

Quote from: Variable on Dec 30, 2007, 12:10 AM
Quote from: goldpony on Dec 30, 2007, 12:02 AM
Quote from: Variable on Dec 29, 2007, 11:56 PM
red cross sells blood to the military for ridiculously high prices.  Thanks red cross, way to serve.

we also donate cell phones at no cost to military and their families in addition to setting up contact between service men and women and their families plus a myriad of other services, including disaster relief, at no cost. the blood cost a lot of money to process due to the fact we are under the guidelines of the FDA, as blood products are considered pharmiceuticals. if i'm correct, and i know you'll correct me if im not, much of what the military receives is frozen which costs a ton of money to process. believe me, hospitals get charged the knot too
well I have never gotten a cell phone offer, nor heard of them.  But the red cross does provide the communication if something bad happens while you are deployed.  That is nice.  And yeah blood is a medication.  And yes the military gets lots of frozen products.  And yes hospitals get charged.  But people assume when they give to the red cross that it is free to the military.  There are programs that give to the military for free.  I give to them whenever I can

the cell phone thing is mostly done stateside, like when someone is stationed far from home. and we never claim to give it free to the military. our blood program is designed to serve domestic needs only, and there is currently a huge shortage of blood.

and 13, yea red cross>fema
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

goldpony

Quote from: deftonekid on Dec 30, 2007, 12:16 AM
Quote from: goldpony on Dec 30, 2007, 12:11 AM

Well good luck brohym!

yeah it'd be nice, but in order to be good at it, I rather prefer to study.

but yeah I'll be doing some shortmovies tho.

practice makes perfect tho
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

deftonekid

so true, i should start practicing more then, I just need a crew and all af my friends are working or shit, so we'll see, but definetely i'll be doing some shit soon.

13hourstoparadise

Try asking if you have locals who are in film school that need something to film for class, use their equipment.

deftonekid

I already did it, I helped some guys from a film school, but I was on the production area, so I wasn't able to be close from the director or the photographer. and is impossible that they loan their equipment, you need to be a student. but at least I want to film something in HD. need to save money first...

goldpony

dude just immigrate to the US, move to Ohio, live near me, then you can borrow my camera :D
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

deftonekid

haha ok, im going there

do you have a HD camera?

I have a digital one (minidv) but I want at least a HD to make something

tarkil

I'm working in investment banking related IT. Basically...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

neurotic

I finished Art & Design high school, proffession: product designer, but it's not what I want to do..
I plan to enter Academy of Applied Arts and study to be a graphic designer. But until I manage to do that, I'm working in a public library...
...never trust the obvious...

Frankz0r

why the fuck you people fight for so fucking stupid stuff? damn...

I was studying for becoming a laboratory worker (or something like that) but I changed and now I'm studying medicine... I'm gonnna be a doctor someday.

Variable

Quote from: Frankz0r on Dec 30, 2007, 11:40 PM
why the fuck you people fight for so fucking stupid stuff? damn...
Please tell me someone else can see the irony in this

Variable

Quote from: tarkil on Dec 30, 2007, 01:51 PM
Shut the fuck up tarkil.  You're an international hooker, and you know it.

goldpony

Quote from: Variable on Dec 31, 2007, 09:51 AM

didnt you see the movie? tarkil is an international pedo assasin ;D
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: goldpony on Dec 31, 2007, 09:43 PM

Pedophile assasin? hahahaha

I know, you meant pseudo, but I thought it was a funny mental image. Not only a assasin, he is also, a pedophile. ... hahaha, I would watch that movie.

goldpony

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 01, 2008, 12:20 AM
Quote from: goldpony on Dec 31, 2007, 09:43 PM

Pedophile assasin? hahahaha

I know, you meant pseudo, but I thought it was a funny mental image. Not only a assasin, he is also, a pedophile. ... hahaha, I would watch that movie.

here you go man, dont forget your popcorn

http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php?topic=13466.0
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt