Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

beginner e drum

Started by Nailec, Jan 02, 2008, 09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailec

since my brother never used it, he gave his e drum set to me since i wanted to see if i could have some fun with it.

its this

http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/ProductCategory/7292F761303.html

i have no idea how to start learning this thing or how to learn drumming in general.

could someone help me out with it.

and do you guys think, this little thing could help me to develop some skills to play a real drumset once?

13hourstoparadise

Trial and error my friend.

The key component to music is timing. Play that thing and learn to keep a beat in perfect tempo. e.g. don't speed up or slow down...

I never used an eDrum machine, but I assume step 1, power it on... :)

Oldnewtype

that thing looks gay as hell, i don't see how playing drums on it would be anything like playing a real set or even any other electric set for that matter. I've been playing an electric set for a while, here's mine:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Simmons-SD5K-Electronic-Drum-Kit-?sku=443369

I playing the fucking hell out of this thing.

goldpony

the set up that Nailec has is similar to one richard 23 of front 242 has. he basically uses it to get pops and booms during their songs. i wouldn't recommend trying to play the drums on it. this set up is mostly for making drum noises with during electronica, or thats the way i see it used most often. it can be good for adding effects and such but not for actually playing drums
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Nailec

you got some vids where i can see it in action?

goldpony

Quote from: Nailec on Jan 08, 2008, 01:29 AM
you got some vids where i can see it in action?

dont have access to it at work, but look up "front 242" on youtube. you'll see it in live footage, the guy singing uses it. i'll post some vids later for ya tho
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

goldpony

[youtube=425,350]sySmx6K3XbI[/youtube]

here is a vid, you may not be able to see it clearly but the center piece of the e set during the live parts in the beginning is like the one you have. he has it supplemented by other e drums for different sounds
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt