Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Rap/Hip-Hop

Started by alvarezbassist17, Jan 05, 2008, 10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbmp1390

Joey is so dope. I agree, really reminds me of Nas. I love the fact that he references MF DOOM. Speaking of other good rappers what do ya'll think of El-P/Company Flow? Still some of my all time favorite shit.

http://youtu.be/Mc9NBQqJHGg

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

xToxin

Death Grips are fucking cool. The beats are so detailed.

Death Grips - Get Got

Alxn

Hello! I am here to introduce to you the Brazillian hip-hop scene. Are you awared of this?
Probably you will not understand what the rappers are sayin/singing but you can definetly feel and enjoy the flow!

Also, we have some crazy beatmakers around here,
and hip hop had grown a lot down in south america!.. I know that seems a little stupid to you because hip hop have always been strong in US, but here in Brazil we definetly have a lot of good emcees. And the lyrics are very positive, its NOT the "shake-that-ass-and-look-at-my-new-car-because-i-have-a-lot-of-money" thing.

Here we go:

Shawlin - Coração (heart)
SHAW (SHAWLIN) - CORAÇÃO (CLIPE)

Emicida, Projota, Rashid - Nova Ordem (new order)
Nova Ordem - Projota, Rashid e Emicida - Direção Toddy Ivon, Produção Navebeatz 3 Temores

Criolo - Subirusdoistiozin
Criolo em "Subirusdoistiozin" no Estúdio Showlivre 2011

Emicida and Rael - Num é Só Ver (It's not just about to see it)
This one was produced by Beatnick and K-Salaam, you know them.

Emicida, Beatnick & K-Salaam Part. Rael da Rima - Num É Só Ver

Well, I hope at least someone watch it. Who enjoy hip hop, ill flow and good beats will definetly got into this. Thank you! Peace.

scatterbrain

That second song was dope as fuck.the first one was allright.wasn't felling the last two.
im me and thats all ill ever be

Alxn

Yeah I was expecting that you would like the second one better!! It's a preety dope song for real. I agree its the best one of them!

I made that post in 3 minutes so I chose the ones that was already in my head! Soon I will think about another songs that you people may like!!!

Thanks for listening man!!! Peace.

EDIT: Ok if you doesnt like any of this shit below I will stop tryin'.

(the same) Shawlin - Malditos Políticos (F*cking Politics) THAT BEAT IS CRAAAAAAAAZY
14 - Shawlin - Op. 171 - Malditos Políticos [Prod. DJ Caique]

Pai Lua - Quem Zuou ft. Elzhi (Yeah, that Elzhi from Slum Village)
Pai Lua - Quem Zuou feat. Elzhi (prod. Papatinho)

...and this is a song by Tito Lopez, but the instrumental is from Laudz, one of the best brazillian beatmakers. Check this out!

Tito Lopez - Conversation With Tito

jbmp1390

Very cool man. One of the things I love about hip-hop and music in general is that it is universal. Cool to see you reppin music from your country.

Alxn

Cool! Thanks for listening!! Its interesting to people who love music in all dimensions! Great beats and ill flows! If you want more just search for Shaw, Emicida, Dj Caique, Rashid, Laudz, Flow Mc, and go on! Peace everybody!!

Inkblades

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Nov 03, 2012, 08:28 PM
what do ya'll think of El-P/Company Flow?

El is my favorite hip-hop producer of all time. His beats have always felt so unique and different from everything else out there.

samson simpson

GOD DAMN KENDRICK GOES OFF

jbmp1390

Kendrick is dope. What track are you talking about? I like his verse on the new ASAP

samson simpson

his whole first album..
this dude is real special man ....and really created a West classic with this album.
Its "The Chronic" for today..
YEA I SAID IT

I thought Game really put the West back on top cause he really has some great bar skills ...but this guy has SUBSTANCE on top of everything we have heard from rap from that side in 20 years (up there somewhat with Pac but not fully).. and he rapes them all..

dude has the flow of BONE, Andre3000 and that west shit like any 80's baby remembers

talent

E-Money

Quote from: Cool Mountaineer on Nov 22, 2012, 05:56 AM

How bomb is that record man?  So fucking good.  I gotta catch him live one day.   

deftones86

Quote from: E-Money on Dec 06, 2012, 06:53 AM
Quote from: Cool Mountaineer on Nov 22, 2012, 05:56 AM

How bomb is that record man?  So fucking good.  I gotta catch him live one day.   

Kendrick is probably my favorite rapper right now. Its not just the substance of his lyrics but his flow is amazing.

jbmp1390

Kendrick is good but I don't think he's as fantastic as everyone makes him out to be. He's really talented but we're only seeing the tail end of that. Give it 6 months and I don't think we will recognize who he is. His songs and flows are getting more and more commercial. I see him going in a similar trajectory as ASAP Rocky. I love him but now that he's getting big, with each new song you feel less and less of that 'underground' appeal that made him great when he was first discovered. And Juicy J is dope, but Wiz? Really?

deftones86

Yea really. Wiz aint  technically gifted lyrically the beats and hooks dope. That's me though.

samson simpson

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Dec 09, 2012, 11:50 PM
Kendrick is good but I don't think he's as fantastic as everyone makes him out to be. He's really talented but we're only seeing the tail end of that. Give it 6 months and I don't think we will recognize who he is. His songs and flows are getting more and more commercial. I see him going in a similar trajectory as ASAP Rocky. I love him but now that he's getting big, with each new song you feel less and less of that 'underground' appeal that made him great when he was first discovered. And Juicy J is dope, but Wiz? Really?

youre a proficient head my bro..mucho respect

and I see what you are saying..ASAP is fucking wearing oversized dresses to shows and shit now since that money has came...yea that snake gets a hold of all talent...
but man...no matter how many corny features this Kendrick guy does on some lames songs, this guy is the most talented I have heard in a while!

he really has some some special vibe going on..hope tptb dont strip him all off it or he dies under some bullshit.

jbmp1390

Quote from: Cool Mountaineer on Dec 12, 2012, 03:16 AM

and I see what you are saying..ASAP is fucking wearing oversized dresses to shows and shit now since that money has came...yea that snake gets a hold of all talent...
but man...no matter how many corny features this Kendrick guy does on some lames songs, this guy is the most talented I have heard in a while!

he really has some some special vibe going on..hope tptb dont strip him all off it or he dies under some bullshit.

Why thank you. I feel the same about you. When I think of hip hop I feel that there are some people that 'get it' and some that don't. What ''it'' is I can't quite explain lol, but I think you are one of those people that ''gets it''. But yeah man ASAP is just starting to get silly. I guess we can't blame him way too much. He was already a cocky young dude. Add that to his freaking astronomical rise to fame over just the last few months especially and it's hard not too expect things to go to his head. I just hope he doesn't lose it too much. I still think he's really talented. Unfortunately I see him as being alot more susceptible to being ''corrupted'' by the industry. I don't really see that so much from someone like Kendrick. Even less from someone like Danny Brown, but we're never gonna hear him on the radio lol. Yo btw where's that Viktor Vaughn rip at you were gonna upload? Sorry I haven't been able to upload more DOOM as well. I've been fucking busy.

samson simpson

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Dec 18, 2012, 05:08 AM
Quote from: Cool Mountaineer on Dec 12, 2012, 03:16 AM

Why thank you. I feel the same about you. When I think of hip hop I feel that there are some people that 'get it' and some that don't. What ''it'' is I can't quite explain lol, but I think you are one of those people that ''gets it''. But yeah man ASAP is just starting to get silly. I guess we can't blame him way too much. He was already a cocky young dude. Add that to his freaking astronomical rise to fame over just the last few months especially and it's hard not too expect things to go to his head. I just hope he doesn't lose it too much. I still think he's really talented. Unfortunately I see him as being alot more susceptible to being ''corrupted'' by the industry. I don't really see that so much from someone like Kendrick. Even less from someone like Danny Brown, but we're never gonna hear him on the radio lol. Yo btw where's that Viktor Vaughn rip at you were gonna upload? Sorry I haven't been able to upload more DOOM as well. I've been fucking busy.

Danny Brown  is awesome..modern day BASTARD

I hope everyone in the whole wide world is blessed enough to hear his voice one day

and to your point :

Danny Brown - "Radio Song" (Official Video)

samson simpson

what you guys think of the new ASAP?