Started by dufftones, Jan 07, 2008, 06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dufftones

[youtube=425,350]v/4KOhzFGqlTc [/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]v/Luqt-O7QAiE[/youtube]

feedback?
ideas?

devilinside

Bush wasn't president in 80,it was Regan,so I dont consider a Bush in office for 3 years. Yeah he was VP,but to me that doesn't count.

But I do think it's time for a change,like having a WOMAN in office instead of a man. Cant blame any pms shit on her cause she's older,so menopause has set in and she can't fuck up any more than the men have already done.

devilinside

EDIT:
3 terms,not 3 years.

White Pwny

hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

tarkil

I like Obama actually...
From what he says (at least from what I read...), he really seems to have a different and interesting vision on the way USA should act in the world, and that's a GREAT thing...

I sincerely hope he wins, that could make the world a better place...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

theshadeisatool

I like how that video totally left out Reagan?! And Carter was president for most of 1980, no?

Anyway, it is true, I think the White House could do with a break from the old guard. This rise of Obama is very Kennedy-esque.

White Pwny

I believe it was an ex Clinton Advisor said that Obama is a reincarnated JFK.

devilinside

devilinside

Quote from: theshadeisatool on Jan 08, 2008, 03:10 PM
I like how that video totally left out Reagan?! And Carter was president for most of 1980, no?

Anyway, it is true, I think the White House could do with a break from the old guard. This rise of Obama is very Kennedy-esque.

Carter was president 76,so I "think" Reagan took over January 80.

White Pwny

Quote from: devilinside on Jan 08, 2008, 04:13 PM
Quote from: White Pwny on Jan 08, 2008, 02:38 PM
Obama FTW!

I thought you were Republican?

I was for Bush.  I would say I am an Independant.   I choose based on what they have to offer.   I know.. I know... some will say  OMG.. you voted for Bush?   Hell yeah I did.  There really was no choice between him and Kerry. 

I am not thrilled with the way things are going... just as I am sure most are not.   I want some difference.. I want things better. 

I have watched the debates thus far ...  Edwards..... meh.. He speaks a good game but his face don't match his words.     Hillary wouldn't answer the questions.  She just kept on pointing out that she had experience.   That's great!  Answer the question!!!!    And Obama has been spot on.  I love the way he speaks.. and damn it.  I think if anyone can make something happen, he can. 

And well the Republican debates... they were comical to watch.  All the mudslinging going on... I know views vary, but they are all REPUBLICANS.. they are on the same side.   Why can't they half way act like it.    The only Republican I think is decent enough is McCain.

theshadeisatool

Definitely, I've always thought John McCain was a good candidate, I can remember the primaries for 2000.

Though I would prefer to see a Democrat win, even I think the Republican candidates this time round don't have that same menacing right-wing-ness that maybe GWB didn't necessarily have, but the people and ideology around him had. Though I would be dissappointed with Huckabee or Romney getting any win.

The candidates all round seem to be of a better quality than 2000 and 2004, I reckon.

devilinside

McCain makes me giggle,he's got alot of humor,and if I didn't like any of the Democratic candidates,he would be my choice. I don't however agree with how he handled the "how to beat the bitch" situation though. Rival or not,he should have corrected that lady.

theshadeisatool

Didn't hear about that! What happened...?

devilinside

[youtube=425,350]WLQGWpRVA7o[/youtube]

Here it is.

dufftones

i know bush wasnt the prez in 80 and 84 but he was VP which still puts him in the oval office as No.2 of the nation.

we all know how much bullshit cheney has pulled in the last 8 years, so dont think for a second that HW wasnt pulling the same shady shit back in the 80s

dufftones

i forgot to ask, what did ya all think about hillary and fox news' blow up of her "breaking down to tears"

Way to go new hampshire. Vote for the woman because she cried on television.

If you're out of the loop basically this is what happened. Hillary clinton lost by a lot in the iowa primary and polls were showing obama being way ahead in new hampshire and how if obama won new hampshire too then hillary might drop out.

Then yesterday she is answering some question about running for president and saying something like "people don't realize the toll this procedure has on a person, when you think about the nation, and the future, and the children," and then she stumbles on her words and as fox news (who was clintons primary backer) stated "it looks like she's fighting back tears" and then all of a sudden today in the actual primary she wins by 8000 votes.

So one of two things happened in new hampshire today people. Either the people there are so "moved" they actually changed their vote because she cried. Or maybe when polled they said they were voting obama and then just didn't vote obama, for "whatever" reason.

Its embarassing really. Way to take women down a peg. I thought women were always pushing to be "equal" to men or whatever and ill bet anyone money that if one of the male candidates broke down during a debate or whatever they would be blacklisted as a weak candidate all over the next mornings papers and forced to drop out of the runnings like howard dean in '04.

Its really sad that crying on television can actually boost your political ratings.

blondie

and where exactly does it say people leaned towards hillary because she cried?

it's pretty idiotic to assume that and not the actual stance of people.

way to buy into media hype.

dufftones

i dont buy into anything.  look at the numbers.  obama had a CLEAR lead going into that days polls.  SOMETHING had to happen to get 10,000 people to change their minds at the last minute.

and turn on the news, every media outlet has been saying that hillary got the edge for being "sensitive"

if thats the case (which no one, not even the clinton campaign, says its not)  lets not even debate anymore.  lets just put up pictures of 9/11 and watch the candidates cry until we vote one of them to lead our country.

devilinside

LOL...I like how you "think" that because she fought back tears it had anything to do with the outcome.To me,if ANYTHING,people would take that as a sign of weakness and not vote for her.Most Americans could give a shit if someone cries. You just shouldn't trust polls until they are final. (hence the Bush/Gore Florida bullshit in 2000)

Everyone talks about how hard she is,and when she finally shows a little emotion people make a big deal out of it. People cry. Get over it. She's trying to step out of the shadows of Bill,and I'm sure its a strenuous battle. I think she's really passionate about running for office,and she has made history.

snw777

obama and bush: two fags

fuck politics and fuck you if you say something diferent.