Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

30 rock

Started by Variable, Jan 11, 2008, 06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

wow what a huge piece of shit.  And its a shame because there are actually some really talented people on the show.  I literally have nothing else to watch out here (we havnt gotten mail since christmas) and I actually would rather play solitare for the 4000378303976439847th time of the day than watch this crap. 

defskull

I saw an episode for the first time last night and I don't remember laughing once.  I thought it was pretty bad.  I figured it was just a bad episode until I checked it out today online to find that this show's fans thought it was a great episode. 

theis

wow really? it's probably the second funniest show on tv at the moment. ("Sunny" being the funniest).

defskull

Apparently Tina Fey was hilarious while she was at SNL and Mean Girls was really good, but I did not think so at all.  I guess I just don't find her funny.  I think the funniest thing she's done is her acceptance speech at the Golden Globes

bright lights, big city

shows that are in season now i actually anticipate and watch:

30 rock
office
lost
flight of the conchords
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

13hourstoparadise

30 rock is awesome... Tina Fey can get annoying with her stupid catch phrases like "by the hammer of thor"... But they have some funny ass shit on the show. I enjoy it at least...

It's Always Sunny... is still the best show on TV.

chick de la lynch

Sorry for bringing this old topic back up, but I just started watching this show. I'm currently on the second season.

I watched this a year or two ago and thought it was crap and left it alone. I gave it a chance last week and I'm in love with this show. With this show, you can't watch it in the middle -- you have to watch it from the beginning. Most of the jokes are based around the characters, and unless you know them you won't get it. And if you don't get it, it's just not funny whatsoever. If anything, this show is one inside joke.

Jacob

I really like it too. I didn't enjoy the first 2-3 episodes at all, but stuck it out and finally got it. although I kinda wish they used some of the other characters a bit more and didn't focus so much on Liz and Jack only.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

Tina Fey is seriously my dream woman.

She has it all. She's funny, smart and beautiful.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on Apr 12, 2010, 10:37 AM
Tina Fey is seriously my dream woman.

She has it all. She's funny, smart and beautiful.

do yourself a favor and find her skits from saturday's SNL. it was probably the first good episode of the season.

the first episode i saw was in the first season with the big surprise fireworks extravaganza in nyc that freaked out everybody, because they thought we were under attack again. from that moment i was hooked.

best character is Chris Parnell's Dr. Leo Spaceman
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

Quote from: Jacob on Apr 12, 2010, 07:34 AM
I really like it too. I didn't enjoy the first 2-3 episodes at all, but stuck it out and finally got it. although I kinda wish they used some of the other characters a bit more and didn't focus so much on Liz and Jack only.

That's how I feel, too. Everyone on that show is interesting and quirky. It should be more equal in storylines.

chick de la lynch

Did anyone catch the series finale last night?

I felt it was fitting and I got a case of the feels. It was a good way to end the series.

bright lights, big city

Yep, I'm happy with it. Got kinda sad towards the end, and I loved the one last Lutz bit. And clear dishwashers is genius!

Kind of funny how Trey started this thread to bash this show. 30 Rock definitely makes my list for one of my favorite comedies of all time.
DERP

theis

I need to re-watch this again from the beginning.

I really liked it, but for some reason I just stopped watching during the middle of season 2.

chick de la lynch

Definitely go back and watch it. It loses its footing a bit during season five, but slowly comes back again.

I remember not particularly enjoying this show the first time I watched it, but then it became a show that I fell in love with and Liz Lemon became a character on television I could finally identify with. I will miss her and all her fixations with food. Liz Lemon made me feel okay about having a love affair with my food. Thank you, Liz Lemon!

bright lights, big city

WORKIN ON THAT NIGHT CHEESE!
DERP

Jacob

I love 30 Rock when I'm in the right mood. if not, I can barely stand it. it's very up and down quality-wise. I still wish I'd be less about Liz and how much Tina Fey loves herself. I mean, I like her and she's funny and all. but the series has seriously become way too focused on her self obsession.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

chick de la lynch

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 02, 2013, 08:03 PM

I've had the flu all week, but now that my appetite is coming back I will DEFINITELY be working on my night cheese! :)

DeftonesNZ

I'll watch this if there's nothing else on but I don't find it that funny, American humour is really forced I have no idea how Saturday Night Live is still going it's complete shit do Americans even like that? I prefer the more subtle english/nz style of comedy like Flight of The Concords.

bright lights, big city

Our humor is forced, which sucks. But that's why shows like 30 Rock, Community, Louie, Curb, etc stand out. Jim Jefferies new show, Legit, is pretty fantastic too (and that seems to be really Americanized).

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Feb 02, 2013, 11:23 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 02, 2013, 08:03 PM
I've had the flu all week, but now that my appetite is coming back I will DEFINITELY be working on my night cheese! :)
I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl tomorrow, my lady friend made some cheesecake cupcakes. Gonna eat 'em all day as sandwiches just like LL did in that finale, haha.
DERP