Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Band Bashing Thread

Started by theshadeisatool, Jan 12, 2008, 08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Wrist

Shaye

I'd also like to add my vote for shinedown as a sucky ass band as well.

If one more lemming tells me they think shinedown does a better cover of 'simple man' than deftones, I'm going to have to show them how strong my pimp hand is. And it's not even because I'm a deftones fan. If shinedown's cover was better, I'd admit it. It's not.

oldgentlovecraft

Fuck you:

Avenged Sevenfold for being a bunch of pussies and playing weak rock dressed up as metal or hardcore
Pantera for making all my fellow Hoosiers think you're the best band that ever lived
Mike Patton for constantly looking like a special ed kid when you, well, do whatever you do
Lordi for ripping off Gwar
Dragonforce for pretending to play good power/speed metal
DMB for trying to start a new hippy era
The Beatles for just being too damn mellow and an extra special fuck you to all the delusional fanatics out there
Pink Floyd for making me want to take drugs
Iron Maiden for being snobby British twats who had their day thirty years ago
AFI for writing anthems for Goth kids to cut themselves to
Shakira for sounding like Barney from The Simpsons and making millions doing it
AND all the newer rap groups who don't write lyrics but just make up new dance moves or slang terms for high school kids to kick around....

There will be more

Shaye

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 13, 2008, 05:38 AM
Fuck you:

Avenged Sevenfold for being a bunch of pussies and playing weak rock dressed up as metal or hardcore
Pantera for making all my fellow Hoosiers think you're the best band that ever lived
Mike Patton for constantly looking like a special ed kid when you, well, do whatever you do
The Beatles for just being too damn mellow and an extra special fuck you to all the delusional fanatics out there
AND all the newer rap groups who don't write lyrics but just make up new dance moves or slang terms for high school kids to kick around....

There will be more

I have to agree on pretty much everything except:

The Beatles- for one they were just doing what they do. IMO, they were just doing the music they felt and it turned into a craze

Secondly, DMB - yeah I know it might sound a bit wierd bit I am a big fan of them. Obviously DMB is on the opposite side of the spectrum from deftones or anything similar but i think they're very talented and alot of their fans turned it into hippie shit. I dunno, that's just me. To each their own, but DMB holds a special place for me.

Zevaka

Quote from: White Wrist on Jan 13, 2008, 04:33 AM
Fuck Linkin Park!

their early stuff is not bad at all
How can'y you love "My December"??

Zevaka

Well, i can make list of awful bands, many of them have already been mentioned above.
I'll add a lot of mall emo shit like Story Of The Year, Atreyu and so on.
I'll add Limp Bizkit, Crazy Town and other nu/crossover shit to bands i hate list. Though Shifty is hot sometimes.

Atomic

My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

sickened

Not a band, but I've got to mention

Enrique Iglesias

The guy is cheesy and so is his music.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Shaye on Jan 13, 2008, 11:39 AM
Fuck you:

There will be more

I have to agree on pretty much everything except:

The Beatles- for one they were just doing what they do. IMO, they were just doing the music they felt and it turned into a craze

Secondly, DMB - yeah I know it might sound a bit wierd bit I am a big fan of them. Obviously DMB is on the opposite side of the spectrum from deftones or anything similar but i think they're very talented and alot of their fans turned it into hippie shit. I dunno, that's just me. To each their own, but DMB holds a special place for me.

To each their own!

lostpilot

fuck Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
They have few good songs, but basically everything they play is shit.
Frusciante is a good guitar player, but fuck them anyway.

cyppe101

Fuck you:

There will be more

hahahaha... So good

And correct

blondie

easily any band mike patton has been in.

also, any nu-metal band that thinks wearing paint, masks or uniforms will make up for their shitty music.

idiots.

theis

hard rock / metal bands with female singers.

horrendous!

White Wrist

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jan 14, 2008, 01:07 AM
hard rock / metal bands with female singers.

horrendous!

word!

ToniteWeMurder

I fucking hate Nickelback,  Maroon 5, fall out boy, good charlotte, Head (Pe), The Used, Lamb of god (all of their songs sound the fucking same), Artic Monkeys, Plain white t's ( Hey deliah sucks)

ToniteWeMurder

oh yea Kiss fucking sucks

Atomic

My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

Deadradio

Fuck Pearl Jam.
Eddie Vedder sings like someone is shaking the shit out of him.

theis

Quote from: Deadradio on Jan 14, 2008, 07:05 PM
Fuck Pearl Jam.

wrong.

pearl jam is amazing. eddie vedder is amazing.

White Wrist

Quote from: Deadradio on Jan 14, 2008, 07:05 PM
Fuck Pearl Jam.

you are crazy!

fuck blink 182...and bands of the same genre