Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Band Bashing Thread

Started by theshadeisatool, Jan 12, 2008, 08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cast so cool

That hurts my heart a little.

Zevaka

+1 for Tool. I am supposed to luv their style, and i really gave them several good tries.

But anyhow, they were something i copuldn't listen too long

I disagree with mentioning of Pink Floyd. No, i'm not big fan, actually, i listen to them very seldom. But i always enjoy it. It's just great music.

But i really wonder how it happens i don't luv Tool. I should try one again

indychinoluv

Quote from: Zevaka on May 13, 2008, 03:26 PM
+1 for Tool. I am supposed to luv their style, and i really gave them several good tries.

But anyhow, they were something i copuldn't listen too long

I disagree with mentioning of Pink Floyd. No, i'm not big fan, actually, i listen to them very seldom. But i always enjoy it. It's just great music.

But i really wonder how it happens i don't luv Tool. I should try one again
Yeah. I've always found tool a little forced and mechanical. I thought I was the only one that wasn'y into them. I've seen them live 3 times and they are amzingly rib-shaking live...but they still don't do it for me.

theshadeisatool

but hate Tool is a bit over the top. You can at least appreaciate the musicianship, even if you think they're a little bit forced.

Zev, have you listened to Undertow? It's a good place to start. It took me ages to get into Tool, the 8-minute long songs etc, but once you start getting interested you get hooked let's say. But I definitely don't think they should be even discussed in the same realm as stuff already on this thread like Durst, Atreyu, et. al.

moonlapse vertigo

Tons of respect for Dave Grohl, but the Foo Fighters just don't do it for me. The first album that Dave recorded on his own was fairly decent, but everything else from there is bleh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0tB45QvRAY

Point proven.

dipsy

I fucking hate Linkin Park! Also Nickelback, Hinder, Creed and shit like that.

theshadeisatool

Oh my god Nickelback is shockingly bad.

devilinside

devilinside

Quote from: Atomic on Apr 07, 2008, 01:21 PM
Kelly Clarkson is ok

^5!!! I like her..heheh

Quote from: Yasiu on Apr 09, 2008, 04:15 PM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Apr 09, 2008, 06:27 AM
any band seen on mtv.

You just bashed NIN - I know its just your opinion, but FUCK NO - bashing Trent Reznor is evil. You're evil.

LOL!

Quote from: blondie on Apr 10, 2008, 03:21 AM
i've always hated mtv except for 120 minutes.

Headbangers Ball and Yo! MTV Raps too!!! Ooh...and that gameshow Remote Control.

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Apr 10, 2008, 09:05 PM
i'm not a big fan of nin either.

The Fragile is a great album though.

That album is perfection.

Quote from: Corleone on Apr 10, 2008, 06:09 PM
this Beatles, Pearl Jam and TMV bashing just makes me want to throw this out...

NiN sucks balls

::)

Quote from: Crazylegs on Apr 10, 2008, 09:54 PMHow people can adore Trent Reznor and Mike Patton i will never understand.

Cause HE'S GOD!!! Duh.  ;D

Quote from: aenemic on Apr 10, 2008, 06:13 PM
Quote from: Corleone on Apr 10, 2008, 06:09 PM
NiN sucks balls

NiN is one of the most boring bands I've heard and I can't understand how Trent became so big. there are a couple of good songs, but on the whole.... it all sound boring and generic to me.

LOL......Guess the same could be said for Chino and Deftones...I mean...at least Trent isn't a "COVER BAND".  ;D ;D ;D Different generations.

Anyhoo....I dont like Pink Floyd. They just creep the fuck outta me.  And The Mars Volta...I mean....eeekkk!! Sounds like a cat with its tail stuck in a door.

indychinoluv

Quote from: theshadeisatool on May 14, 2008, 11:17 AM
but hate Tool is a bit over the top. You can at least appreaciate the musicianship, even if you think they're a little bit forced.

Zev, have you listened to Undertow? It's a good place to start. It took me ages to get into Tool, the 8-minute long songs etc, but once you start getting interested you get hooked let's say. But I definitely don't think they should be even discussed in the same realm as stuff already on this thread like Durst, Atreyu, et. al.

I never said I hated them, they just don't do it for me. I always feel dissapointed when I listen to them

I have very very weird tastes when it comes to music.

garydouglas

i don't know how there can be hate for tool here, their music is near perfect, but I won't get all mushy since this is the fuck bands thread, so....nickelback, 3 doors down, hinder, hoobastank, my chemical romance, green day, sum 41  and other assorted bed-wetter music should be kept off the shelves

Fireal1222

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

deftoneskoen

3 words: Fuck Tokio Hotel

devilinside

Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 23, 2008, 08:24 AM
coldplay are gay

But Chris Martin is a genius on piano.

fireflyry

Agreed.

They write great pop songs for uber radio play.Like a lot of bands I think most of the dislike for them comes more from the fact they are HUGE record sellers as opposed to an actual dislike of their music.

It's cool to hate on big selling bands don't ya know.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

moonlapse vertigo

yeah, i love Coldplay. if you can get past the fact that they're extremely commercial you realize its good stuff.

kalhan

fuck iron maiden, they're not heavy, they're not agressive, there's no emotion in their music, they have nothing. just three guitarists playing the same formulated junk over and fucking over again.

fuck maynard james keenan for being the elitist bastard he is. tool is good, there right up here for me *shows where, which is a good position* but i hate maynard. for now atleast.

fuck the new nine inch nails album. and i loved with teeth, mind you.

fuck dream theater. who the hell made that guy vocalist? and fuck all of you who say "well, ignore the vocalist, listen to the band play", fuck you. i'd rather listen to a good band with a good vocalist. i won't compromise with music.

fuck lamb of god.

fuck all the bands that have raped punk rock over the years. fuck the capitalistic whores that signed bands to rape punk fashion/ideology/music. fuck these bands too.

fuck stereotypical metal, where everything has to sound like THIS and THIS. and fuck all the pirate-looking "metalheads", you're all racist, homophobic, narrow-minded motherfuckers and i wish you all horrible painful deaths.

fuck all metal fans that make music the-emperor's-clothes story.

ps. i love dave d.m.b. i love the new sepultura (listen to cavalera konflickt, max needs sep more than sep needs max) i love slipknot (they're the only band i know that really connects with the crowd live...like they're a part of the crowd, it's special)

apart from that, i stand by the following statement and will back it up with my life.
"everything you need to know about life, you can learn from LSD, and the beatles" for all those who hate pink floyd, listen to them while after dropping some acid. your life will change (for the better)

cyppe101

Slipknot isn't good, lamb of god is.

Sepultura needs Max more.

There.

Alvar

Quote from: kalhan on May 23, 2008, 10:04 PM
fuck iron maiden, they're not heavy, they're not agressive, there's no emotion in their music, they have nothing. just three guitarists playing the same formulated junk over and fucking over again.

fuck maynard james keenan for being the elitist bastard he is. tool is good, there right up here for me *shows where, which is a good position* but i hate maynard. for now atleast.

fuck the new nine inch nails album. and i loved with teeth, mind you.

fuck dream theater. who the hell made that guy vocalist? and fuck all of you who say "well, ignore the vocalist, listen to the band play", fuck you. i'd rather listen to a good band with a good vocalist. i won't compromise with music.

fuck lamb of god.

fuck all the bands that have raped punk rock over the years. fuck the capitalistic whores that signed bands to rape punk fashion/ideology/music. fuck these bands too.

fuck stereotypical metal, where everything has to sound like THIS and THIS. and fuck all the pirate-looking "metalheads", you're all racist, homophobic, narrow-minded motherfuckers and i wish you all horrible painful deaths.

fuck all metal fans that make music the-emperor's-clothes story.

ps. i love dave d.m.b. i love the new sepultura (listen to cavalera konflickt, max needs sep more than sep needs max) i love slipknot (they're the only band i know that really connects with the crowd live...like they're a part of the crowd, it's special)

apart from that, i stand by the following statement and will back it up with my life.
"everything you need to know about life, you can learn from LSD, and the beatles" for all those who hate pink floyd, listen to them while after dropping some acid. your life will change (for the better)

fuck people who love slipknot!

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Yasiu

Quote from: cyppe101 on May 23, 2008, 10:09 PM
Slipknot isn't good, lamb of god is.

Sepultura needs Max more.

There.

Sepultura died in 1996.