Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Band Bashing Thread

Started by theshadeisatool, Jan 12, 2008, 08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Fuck Linkin Park

(I Know I will get burn by this)

Whats up with their latest CD?
The chink being a wigger again, bennington sounding like a rasta and about 5 (skits) before a real song. Also The Messenger sounds like if Bennington didnt get attention from mommy and daddy.

wither-I

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Sep 07, 2010, 07:47 PM
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Sep 07, 2010, 03:49 AM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Sep 06, 2010, 09:45 PM
is this the thread where we admit to hating on legends? if so. Fuck Bob Dylan. foul sounding motherfucker.

Amen.

Quote from: bIondie on Sep 07, 2010, 07:21 PM
i wish someone would fly a plane into mike patton.

there, i said it.

Quote from: White Wrist on Sep 07, 2010, 02:51 PM
Quote from: ToneDef on Sep 07, 2010, 02:04 PM
I never got the whole Beatles thing. They're not actually that fucking good.

thank you mister. the same here

Did we just become best friends?
*HUGS

"coming into the nearness of distance"

bright lights, big city

ok you Beatles haters, I'll maybe give you up until 1965, maybe 1966. but are you kidding me? you guys really can't find anything worthwhile from The Magical Mystery Tour in '67 through Let It Be in to 1970? Helter Skelter? Across the Universe? Dig a Pony? Come Together? Carry that Weight? A Day in the Life? Fool on the Hill? With a Little Help from my Friends? All You Need Is Love
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

Yes, I am not a fan of the Beatles too, but I don't go around spreading hate. Guys, tastes differ - be mature.

theis

I'm not a fan of The Beatles either, but to say they suck is simply pure and plain ignorance.

Their influence is undeniable.

DenOndaNissen

All you beatles haters will grow up sometime too!
No one can say that they suck, their music is timeless. Feels fresh still.
In the next 40 years, i dont think many of the bands we are listening to today will be remembered.

lostpilot

Quote from: DenOndaNissen on Sep 08, 2010, 01:03 PM
In the next 40 years, i dont think many of the bands we are listening to today will be remembered.

well this is short-sighted.

ben

To anyone who hates the Beatles...have you actually ever picked up The White Album and put it on? 

That's all I'll leave you with. 

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: ben on Sep 09, 2010, 01:21 AM
To anyone who hates the Beatles...have you actually ever picked up The White Album and put it on? 

That's all I'll leave you with. 

Yes. It's possible for someone to not like something that most people revere.

ben

If you have, fine.  I'm just suggesting people do that who have not yet.

E-Money

Abbey Road too.  The Beatles are legends cmon guys...

bright lights, big city

yeah Helter Skelter is fuckin metal, dudes.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sinatra

I fucking hate Coldplay and how there is a constant comparison between them and radiohead. They are not even on the same fucking level. Radiohead could shit out a song and it would still be a million time better than any Coldplay song ever written. (although I do like "trouble") *cough*  :-X lol.

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Fuck IWRESTLEDABEARONCE
The name of this band is a fucking shit and the music is even worse. Whats up with those band names?
Coming soon a new band called IFUCKEDMYSELFINTHEASSBUTINEEDABIGGERDILDOBECAUSEIWASNOTPLEASED

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Sep 25, 2010, 04:18 AM
Fuck IWRESTLEDABEARONCE
The name of this band is a fucking shit and the music is even worse. Whats up with those band names?
Coming soon a new band called IFUCKEDMYSELFINTHEASSBUTINEEDABIGGERDILDOBECAUSEIWASNOTPLEASED

I'm going to have to agree with you there. As a fan of heavier music I'm always a bit confused by trendy bullshit that can't hold water.

bodywars9000

Quote from: E-Money on Sep 08, 2010, 02:51 AM
Quote from: theis on Sep 08, 2010, 02:24 AM
Exactly why do you think he's a douche? You know him personally?

And also, even if he's a douche how does that stand in the way for you to like his music? Have you actually listened to any of his bands?

Not trying to assault you or anything, but I just don't see any reason in hating one of the best musicians ever because you think "he's a douche".

I watched Faith No More live last summer and some of my friends, whom never had listened to any Patton projects, were immediately converted by his genius. Really, see him live. It'll most definitely change your perspective of him.

I've tried listening to all of his music and I fucking hate it all.  But there's no doubt he's talented, wouldn't put him in the genius catagory tho... 
Yea i tried really hard to like his stuff, and NOTHING HAPPENED. I've heard so many great things about him and his "genius", and i'm not fucking hearing it, and not for a lack of trying. I understand a lttle of it when listening to something like "epic", and considering when it came out. I have no problem with that song really, but how much of it is his doing? Mainly i really love that piano line with the distorted guitars behind it...was that his fucking idea? If people are going to demand reasons for not liking him from others, i say put your money where your mouth is and explain why. Seriously why and how is Mike Patton a genius. And "everyone says so" is not a valid reason.

theis

Quote from: bodywars9000 on Jan 04, 2011, 07:29 AM
Quote from: E-Money on Sep 08, 2010, 02:51 AM
Quote from: theis on Sep 08, 2010, 02:24 AM
Exactly why do you think he's a douche? You know him personally?

And also, even if he's a douche how does that stand in the way for you to like his music? Have you actually listened to any of his bands?

Not trying to assault you or anything, but I just don't see any reason in hating one of the best musicians ever because you think "he's a douche".

I watched Faith No More live last summer and some of my friends, whom never had listened to any Patton projects, were immediately converted by his genius. Really, see him live. It'll most definitely change your perspective of him.

I've tried listening to all of his music and I fucking hate it all.  But there's no doubt he's talented, wouldn't put him in the genius catagory tho... 
Seriously why and how is Mike Patton a genius.

Because he can basically tackle every genre of music and make something great out of it.

He is one of the most versatile vocalists alive and can do about anything with his voice; singing, crooning, falsetto, opera (listen to the end of Faith No More's Land of Sunshine), screaming, death growl, rap, beatboxing, etc. You name it.

And on top of that founded and runs Ipecac Records which, IMO, is one of the most interesting record labels (together with Hydrahead) today, spawning bands like; Bohren and Der Club of Gore, Isis, Melvins, Zu, The Locust, Desert Sessions, etc.

So yeah, he's without a doubt a musical genius.

bodywars9000

Yea but from what you just told me, he's a very talented singer, which i don't disagree with, though i don't particularly find it appealing.....
and that he runs an interesting and eclectic record label. OOOOkay....

How does any of that make him a "musical genius"? I'm sorry, thanx for trying, but i'm not convinced. What has HE written, does he compose his own music? If he does, where can i find it, i'll give an honest chance. Even if it's not my style but is very well written and/or performed i'll respect him. Cuuz right now i still don't respect him at all. By the way what are you using to define musical genius?

theis

Christ, you're starting to sound like a moron now. If you're so interested in "giving him an honest chance" why don't you do a little research yourself? He has composer, a songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Patton_discography

Have at it, hoss.