Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

RANDOM KNOWLEDGE

Started by samson simpson, Jan 25, 2008, 11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claudio

Quote from: devilinside on Jan 26, 2008, 04:11 PM
Janis Joplin, Jim Morrrison, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain,Brian Jones and Hank Williams all died at the age of 27.
Just to add to that:
Lyn Strait (Snot)
Hillel Slovak
Jeremy Ward (Mars Volta)
Robert Johnson (master blues guitarist)
Kristen Pfaff (Hole)

There are a few others too!

Also, here are mine:
*Should there be a crash, Prince Charles and Prince William never travel on the same airplane as a precaution.
*The only person on The Simpons to have 5 fingers is God...Also Bart is left handed.

devilinside

Quote from: claudio on Jan 27, 2008, 10:42 PM
*Should there be a crash, Prince Charles and Prince William never travel on the same airplane as a precaution.

this one I did know. :)

Atomic

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Jan 27, 2008, 05:23 PM
People who are double jointed can lick their elbows.
thats me..
My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Jan 27, 2008, 06:43 PM
SEVEN FOLDS

Myth Statement:
A dry piece of paper cannot be folded in perpendicular halves more than seven times, regardless of its size.

Confirmed

Notes:
A dry piece of paper cannot be folded in perpendicular halves more than seven times, regardless of its size. Confirmed It was impossible to fold a piece of letter-sized (8.5" x 11", 216 mm × 279 mm) 20 lb (75 g/m²) copy paper with perpendicular folds more than seven times. The thickness of the paper exponentially grew with each successive fold, and after the seventh fold the paper was just too thick to fold without breaking. Breaking the rules of the challenge, Grant showed if you fold the paper in the same direction 4 times then 4 times the other way, it is possible to fold the paper 8 times. The MythBusters then laid out a football field-sized sheet of interconnected paper (170 ft x 220 ft, 51.8 m x 67.1 m), and due to the reduction of its area-to-thickness ratio (and with help from a steam roller and a forklift), were able to perpendicularly fold the paper 11 times. Other methods of folding a piece of paper (such as with alternating folds) proved able to break the fold threshold of 7 for letter-sized paper, and perpendicular folds of more than 7 are theoretically possible with thinner paper.
yeah but they did it.  the paper was really, really big.  But they did it.  But if we are talking about a regular sheet of office paper.  No, It can't be done.

fireflyry

Elephants can't jump. Every other mammal can.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Variable

define jump.  Because I would be willing to say that a blue whale can't really jump ( as far as my definition of the word goes)

fireflyry

Jump:To spring clear of the ground or other support by a sudden muscular effort.

Apparently Blue Whales can.

The world's termites outweigh the world's humans 10 to 1.

Variable

Quote from: fireflyry on Jan 28, 2008, 07:48 AM
Jump:To spring clear of the ground or other support by a sudden muscular effort.

Apparently Blue Whales can.

The world's termites outweigh the world's humans 10 to 1.
http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/melepha2.html hmmm I dont know.  Plus I have seen elephants get two legs off the ground.  That would be clearing the ground with a spring.  And if you want to say it doesnt count because his two hind legs are on the ground well........I have never seen a blue whale get completly out of the water.  Not to say it can't happen........but yeah its more fun to assume that you are wrong

Zevaka

An apple, potato, and onion all taste the same if you eat them with your nose plugged.

fireflyry

Quote from: Variable on Jan 28, 2008, 03:05 PM
http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/melepha2.html hmmm I dont know.  Plus I have seen elephants get two legs off the ground.  That would be clearing the ground with a spring.  And if you want to say it doesnt count because his two hind legs are on the ground well........I have never seen a blue whale get completly out of the water.  Not to say it can't happen........but yeah its more fun to assume that you are wrong

But you've also just stated you've never seen an elephant get "all four" off the ground so it's clearly a matter of your interpretation as opposed to random fact.Either way it's stupid to have to argue or defend these points.

We are posting for fun, not the need to have to prove and clarify every single random fact.

And now for a random Chuck Norris fact:

Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.

Variable

Quote from: fireflyry on Jan 28, 2008, 03:26 PM
Quote from: Variable on Jan 28, 2008, 03:05 PM

But you've also just stated you've never seen an elephant get "all four" off the ground so it's clearly a matter of your interpretation as opposed to random fact.Either way it's stupid to have to argue or defend these points.

We are posting for fun, not the need to have to prove and clarify every single random fact.

And now for a random Chuck Norris fact:

Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.

ok since you deleted this last post.  I guess ill just save my reply and keep posting it until you stop abusing being a mod.

Obviously the elephant expert in that article thinks you are wrong.
But since we can post whatever facts we want without contest

fireflyry once took 5 cocks in his ass at the same time.

deleting post making fun of you? really?  And here you just said it was all for fun.

fireflyry

Variable

ok, is this post nice enought to get past you?

The elephant expert that wrote that article thinks you are wrong.

we are still allowed to say that mods are wrong right?  or is that also slander?

fireflyry

kk

The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.

Variable

Quote from: fireflyry on Jan 28, 2008, 03:47 PM
Stop trolling.
if you are going to delete my post, keep them deleted.  Dont re post them to try and make me look stupid.  You are the one trolling

fireflyry

Dude...you reposted it...not me.

A polar bear's skin is black. Its fur is not white, but actually clear.

mrs_swa

today is national fun at work day and national kazoo day
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

Shaye

I thought this was hysterical...

All clams start out as males; about half decide to become females at some point in their lives.

samson simpson

James Brown had an orthopedic cape.

Zevaka

It is illegal for unmarried couples to have sex in a hotel room in North Carolina.