Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Download & Request Thread II

Started by Zevaka, Jan 28, 2008, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luisch

Your welcome. And thank you Raswid for the Crenshaw demo.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Raswid

Quote from: luisch on Aug 14, 2012, 08:14 PM
Your welcome. And thank you Raswid for the Crenshaw demo.

No problem ;)

Vesanic

B-Sides production is way better on this, but it's interesting to hear Chino's vocals that clearly.

Knucklestones

Vesanic

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 14, 2012, 09:11 PM
B-Sides production is way better on this, but it's interesting to hear Chino's vocals that clearly.

That being said, I really like how the very last part with that mini-jam sounds. Gives it an old vinyl sounding and overall a nostalgic mood. Love it.

slyartwork

It's the same recording as the 'Change' b-side version / B-sides and rarities version. I never heard this mix though. Anyone know where this came from?
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Knucklestones

It could be from that Around the Fur promo tape. The one that was up on Ebay but was never bought. I think someone said they had the tape on this board, actually.

deftoneseba

Quote from: Knucklestones on Aug 14, 2012, 11:25 PM
It could be from that Around the Fur promo tape. The one that was up on Ebay but was never bought. I think someone said they had the tape on this board, actually.
I still think it would be better to raise the money and share it!
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 14, 2012, 09:16 PM

That being said, I really like how the very last part with that mini-jam sounds. Gives it an old vinyl sounding and overall a nostalgic mood. Love it.

You can hear it on the B-Sides version as well. You can hear the vinyl "pop" sound.

I love this original demo mix. This was how I first heard the song and how I will always remember it. Then B-Sides came out and it sounded even better! I'm trying to remember if I had Crenshaw before it was officially released on the Change single. I was in 6th/7th grade so that was quite a long time ago to remember. I seem to recall seeing the title Crenshaw on a bootleg we bought. It might've been the live version posted above. God damn he sounds so evil in this song.

Quote from: luisch on Aug 14, 2012, 07:42 AM
Quote from: jbmp1390 on Aug 14, 2012, 07:16 AM
I've never heard of a demo of that song. If anyone has it, post that shit. Does anyone, possibly Vesanic, have the original live version of Buffalo? I had it on an old computer but it finally died and I lost quite a bit of my Tones stuff.

Do you mean the Anaheim version? 2004-09-30 - Anaheim, California, Usa

Download

God damn I love this song. Reminds me of the Crenshaw live demo in the sense that you really don't know [and Chino probably didn't either] what he's singing. The structure and time signatures of this song are like nothing I've heard them do and remember hoping SNW was going to sound evil and weird like this song. Super dirty sounding guitar, yet clean at times, experimental jazzy drums, blah blaha blah at the 2:00 minute part it kind of reminds me of Converge..Jacob Bannon screams mixed with Mike Patton. Rollerderby has those clapping sounds so maybe Rollerderby is Finger of Death remade and sped up? I'm just rambling, but you catch my drift?

I remember waiting all day, at the front of the line, at the House of Blues in hollywood [the day before they played FOD]. We could ABE hitting those electronics and my best friend and I were like o_0 It's like they wanted to play it, but they didn't. Then at the end of the night, we got out of the show and were handed those flyers with the cryptic messages on them. We were so stoked on the way home...we were sure we would hear Abe have a song with those claps on that cryptic album. :-)
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Vesanic

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Aug 15, 2012, 03:24 AM
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 14, 2012, 09:16 PM

You can hear it on the B-Sides version as well. You can hear the vinyl "pop" sound.

Mmh, I don't know, man, it's very different. I'd say the B-Sides version sounds dirty, rather. In a good dark way, obviously.

slyartwork

I never heard this version. I'm pretty sure that when the Change single came out it was the first time I heard the song.

If this came from that ATF demo, I bet the other songs would have been shared as well... So I doubt it.

RollerDerby

Does anyone know if that's the only time they performed Crenshaw?
"Carve your niche."

Vesanic

Nah, they must have played it some other times.

RollerDerby

I was just curious because this was the only performance I've ever seen. How about Lovers?
"Carve your niche."

Vesanic

RollerDerby

Fucking shame. It's an excellent song.
"Carve your niche."

pony_01

slyartwork

They never played Lovers, at least... what we know about. Crenshaw could be played a few times more around 1999-2000.

Vesanic

Quote from: pony_01 on Aug 15, 2012, 11:51 PM
Quote from: Raswid on Aug 14, 2012, 07:50 PM
Maybe this ?

deftones - crenshaw (original demo)

i dont heard any difference between this demo and the final version.. :|

Song is the same, production is different. It's obvious.

976-EVIL

Hey Slay! I wanted you to know that your video of Hexagram PukkelPop 2009 changed my life!!!

Wish I could link it now...
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.