Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by def-head, Jan 29, 2008, 07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

def-head

So I was watching some dooms-day show the other day and they mentioned Eros. A huge asteroid.
I never heard of it before but when I heard the name  Eros it caught my attention:

http://www.solarviews.com/eng/eros.htm

pissedandpierced

"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Atomic

this thread is misleading, i wanted deftones :(
My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

White Wrist

Eros...is now...everything!

a god.
an album.
an asteroid.
a singer.

Atomic

if it isn't a toaster it isn't everything

Zevaka

a god.
an album.
an asteroid.
a singer
a toaster

goldpony

Quote from: Zevaka on Jan 29, 2008, 05:01 PM

a god.
an album.
an asteroid.
a singer
a toaster

but my question is, will it come with a limited edition gatefold package?
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

theshadeisatool

Quote from: goldpony on Jan 29, 2008, 06:44 PM
Quote from: Zevaka on Jan 29, 2008, 05:01 PM

a god.
an album.
an asteroid.
a singer
a toaster

but my question is, will it come with a limited edition gatefold package?

They've got to do something a bit different with the packaging and format this time around, surely...

13hourstoparadise

They predict it MIGHT impact earth 2012, the year the Mayans and other cultures predicted the end of the earth.

...There's a hole in the earth...

White Wrist

mikau

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 29, 2008, 07:39 PM
They predict it MIGHT impact earth 2012, the year the Mayans and other cultures predicted the end of the earth.

they didn't predict the end of the earth.

13hourstoparadise

So in response to my inaccurate response of hear-say described by the word "might" you still belittle yourself by disapproving my statement without fact or a rebuttal? Just, "nope".

Fuck off, sorry, I'm in a terrible mood today. Any other day I would be very pleasant.

13hourstoparadise

December 21, 2012 — The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, notably used by the Maya civilization among others of pre-Columbian Mesoamerica, completes its thirteenth b'ak'tun cycle since the calendar's mythical starting point (equivalent to 3114 BC August 11 in the proleptic Gregorian calendar, according to the "GMT-correlation" JDN= 584283).[7] The Long Count b'ak'tun date of this starting point (13.0.0.0.0) is repeated, for the first time in a span of approximately 5,125 solar years. The significance of this period-ending to the pre-Columbian Maya themselves is unclear, and there is an incomplete inscription (Tortuguero Stela 6) that records this date. It is also to be found carved on the walls of the Temple of Inscriptions in Palenque, where it functions as a base date from which other dates are computed.[8] However, it is conjectured that this may represent in the Maya belief system a transition from the current Creation world into the next. The 2012 Winter Solstice will also occur on this day at 11:11 UTC[9].

Cliff notes: The mayans, predict the end of the FUCKING world (or re-birth). God damnit I'm about to leave this forum... Actually. I'm becoming a lucker. Later.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: mikau on Jan 29, 2008, 08:37 PM

Oh wait, this reply is coming from a 19 year old male, name Luis from Venezuela. He is also a Limp Bizcut fan!

I told you I was in a bad mood.

goldpony

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 29, 2008, 11:34 PM

Oh wait, this reply is coming from a 19 year old male, name Luis from Venezuela. He is also a Limp Bizcut fan!

down boy ;D
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

mikau

WTF ;D

Mayans descendants have stated that their ancestors didn't predict. the end of the world, but a new era. It seems it's not known what they meant with "new era", thought.

And I'm not a limp bizkit fan anymore but I don't hate them either.

13hourstoparadise

I don't smoke, but over the last month I have been for some dumb-ass reason. I stopped this morning... So I was in a bad mood...

I don't mind what music you like, it's yours, just poking fun. Thanks for clarifing.

Atomic

mikau

Quote from: goldpony on Jan 29, 2008, 11:49 PM
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 29, 2008, 11:34 PM

down boy ;D

great song.

Quote from: Atomic on Jan 30, 2008, 07:36 AM
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 29, 2008, 08:58 PM
Here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012

http://survive2012.com/

http://www.greatdreams.com/2012.htm

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=2012&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=news_result&resnum=4&ct=title

http://alignment2012.com/
this scares me, is it really gonna happen?
someone tell me its bullshit so i can sleep easy

we don't know. Just try not to be a bad person and I guess you'll be fine if a judgement or something is coming.