Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Should Chino do a rap song on Eros?

Started by Deftonesaddict, Feb 01, 2008, 01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

13hourstoparadise

White Pwny

hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

mr.sinister

whatever as long as he keep that essence that really makes him Chino, then i don't give a fuck if he was so fat that he was in a wheelchair. i am pretty sure Chino didn't get respect b/c he was thin.

Shaye

Quote from: mr.sinester on Feb 06, 2008, 11:04 PM
whatever as long as he keep that essence that really makes him Chino, then i don't give a fuck if he was so fat that he was in a wheelchair. i am pretty sure Chino didn't get respect b/c he was thin.

QFT. I still think he's one of the sexiest men on earth anyway, and talented none the less.

White Wrist

he should take care about his voice. no rapping, please

mr.sinister

someone told me, i don't remember maybe it was like 6 years ago, that when artists scream in their music for example chino (except he used chester from LP) they spray some liquid down their throat or drink something that helps them from messing up their vocals chords. is this really out there, if it is then maybe chino should use it so that he can prolong vocal damage.

Shaye

I do believe there is a drink or something that coats the vocal chords to prevent strain on them. Not sure what the stuff is though.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Shaye on Feb 06, 2008, 11:22 PM
I do believe there is a drink or something that coats the vocal chords to prevent strain on them. Not sure what the stuff is though.

Seamen.

That's how Chritina Aquerulera can sing so well.

mikau

how
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 06, 2008, 11:24 PM

Seamen.

how can seamen be drinked?

White Wrist

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 06, 2008, 11:24 PM

Seamen.

LOLZ

deftoolsys07

i wouldn't mind chino rappin' on the next album, something lhabia style would be bad ass. it'd be cool to hear him spit out some flows on their last album here...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

defTHE1s

i'm hoping to hear some "rapping" in the style of E#9, or lotion, but with metal comming out from new stef's 8-string guitar... that would be.....  :D kind of new deftones style  8)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

deafnotes

im a slit my penis if he raps in eros

Atomic

My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

sickened

No rapping, although I have liked every rap stuff Chino has made,  I just  think that it wouldn't suit them anymore... And besides, Chino's whispery vocals beats his rapping anytime.

Grandulon

CHINO SHOULD RAP LIKE LIL WAYNE AND OR JUeLs Santana!! OMFG!!

NO....onto serious dialogue

I think if there should be any rapping...it should be sometype of spoken word (Though I haven't heard CHI's work so I don't know if he might be able to contribute) But in the likes of Saul Williams, Tom Waits, and Cedric Bixler Zavala (when he does a distorted voice in eng. or span. similarly sounding like TomW8sish type cryptic stanzas)  As Stef and Chi pull some distored-drone type sounds, and Abe busts a more downtempo staggered broken almost dub type drums.  Oh and of course Franko spinnin his wax cause he doesn't really cut them up much..but he does a lil sum'n.

Or if working with a rapper...some that Chino should consider are El-P and Aesop Rock, for a more experimental type style.  But he's Chicano and from Cal so call up Soul Asassins get The HIll, hell tell Muggs to grab Sick Jackyn n it'll be a fogged up stoner type joint.....WITH Muggs or someone Producing so it'll come out BETTER THAN Black Moon or whatever the title of the track of b-sides is...BReal can mosdefinately come with better shit than that, and CHINO..I guess he wasn't too fukt up that night..or when he wrote the track....give dude his drinks, spliffs,pills, whatever his poison is to get him in that mindstate to bring a FUKEN BEAST OUT N LEAVE DeFUKENstruction!!

SEEN?

pony_01

chino should not do rap things on eros.
maybe whispering stuff would be cool (like lhabia and mx).
and one thing,
chino should stop playing guitar on eros!
he should be focused with his voice.
just share my opinions.
i really hate when chino did some high pitch vocal like on "Beware", it's too much!
it would be nice if he sing like on "lotion" chorus.

cyppe101

Chino doesn't play guitar on the new album, he said so himself.

m3dic

Shit fuck bitch! No! Deftones are special because they dont try and harness that bullshit rap that took control in the nu-metal era. In WP upwards they have established a more solid sound and not simply copying some fad. And dont bring in back to school, cause that was commercialization by the suits..

www.breakdownconspiracy.co.nr

wither-I

Quote from: cyppe101 on Apr 22, 2008, 02:17 PM
Chino doesn't play guitar on the new album, he said so himself.

i know he said this, but i believe he will wait for certain  songs after their mostly ritten and add some extra "chunkage" in them. but most of all i think your right

"coming into the nearness of distance"