Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

primaries

Started by untz untz untz, Feb 05, 2008, 11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

You know what,you're gonna find something wrong with every candidate. None of them are perfect,what works for you might not work for someone else. I have my own reasons for liking her,no matter how much you dog on her.

White Pwny

hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

untz untz untz

You claim she will do better or as good as what we have now.  She would've done the same shit as Bush.  I'm not trying to find a problem with her. I'm just replying to your statements.

White Pwny

I agree with you.    I think that there are not alot of people that would have done alot differently.  Sure, it's easy to stand back now and say.. Hell, I would have done this... or I would have done it this way.   Bush's ratings were not shit in the beginning.. and they were high after 911.  Shit just got toooo deep.    I still like Bush, he makes me laugh.   

I think they are all just people.  They are human, and we will all make mistakes.   I have watched alot of the debates, and I see what they are saying.  I have heard and seen on more than 5 occasions where people have said that Hillary is George Bush in a dress.. and I happen to think the same, aside from the fact that GWB actually makes me laugh.  She seems to have a pretty dry sense of humor.   

Huckabee is a pretty funny guy.. but he's got most of the Evangelical votes behind him....

Romney is just an idiot...

And Obama.  He may lack a little experience but I agree that he's a pretty smart chap, and I think he could perhaps start turning this sinking ship to shallow waters.   

All this said.  I am not against Hillary, just as I was not against Bush.    I just see that what I liked in Bush really didn't help us out at all... and I hope that if she is voted in.. she can pull her own weight.    In the end.. My vote this election goes to Obama.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

goldpony

Quote from: Variable on Feb 06, 2008, 05:00 AM
Quote from: goldpony on Feb 06, 2008, 12:08 AM
bill richardson was the most qualified but he dropped out. too bad
bahahahahahahahaha Bill richardson?  BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you think katrina was bad?  Do a little reading on Las Alamos.  ALL of it.  And tell me how qualified Richardson is.  LOL or just look up all the speeding tickets he has gotten in the name of "offical government business" says a lot about his integrity.  There is a reason Bill was not running in 04, and the name is Las Alamos. 

i did read about it after seeing your post and i couldnt find anything that richardson had to do with it. i guess i fail to see how a state governor has any jurisdiction with a federal lab that is overseen by the NSA. i know you are from that neck of the woods, so im guessing you probably know more about it than i do.as far as the speeding tickets, if thats the worst you can say about his integrity....

i just thought his experience with foriegn and domestic policy outweighed all the other candidates.

Quote from: untz untz untz on Feb 06, 2008, 12:57 AM
You don't see the point?  What a retard.

i dont believe in political parties and as i said, the person i wanted already dropped out.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

samson simpson

weakcure

Honestly, I don't hate Hillary; I just don't think she's the right candidate for president right now. Her plan for universal health care is completely ideal, and though I don't know if she can get the funding for it like she promises, it's an issue in this country that needs to be addressed. But my biggest concerns are her biggest downfalls: she's so arrogant and hardheaded when it comes to foreign policy, and I think that's one of the most urgent issues once Bush leaves office. Her persona is also terrible: she's either loved or hated, she's either too feminine or masculine. If she became president, she would divide this country more so than it already is. Plus, I think she's receiving a lot of votes just because she is Bill's wife; though he did a lot  of positive things during his term, I feel like people are hoping he'll have some input in/when he returns to the White House... which makes me wonder who they're voting for. That, and her cap-and-trade plan is shitty.

I really want to high-five Huckabee just because of his beliefs on evolution. And by high-five, I mean punch his head off.

occipudding

im gonna vote for the argentinian dude who works at my deli.  free pastries for all!!!
machete!  meow

Variable

Quote from: goldpony on Feb 06, 2008, 09:32 PM
Quote from: Variable on Feb 06, 2008, 05:00 AM
Quote from: goldpony on Feb 06, 2008, 12:08 AM
bill richardson was the most qualified but he dropped out. too bad
bahahahahahahahaha Bill richardson?  BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you think katrina was bad?  Do a little reading on Las Alamos.  ALL of it.  And tell me how qualified Richardson is.  LOL or just look up all the speeding tickets he has gotten in the name of "offical government business" says a lot about his integrity.  There is a reason Bill was not running in 04, and the name is Las Alamos. 

i did read about it after seeing your post and i couldnt find anything that richardson had to do with it. i guess i fail to see how a state governor has any jurisdiction with a federal lab that is overseen by the NSA. i know you are from that neck of the woods, so im guessing you probably know more about it than i do.as far as the speeding tickets, if thats the worst you can say about his integrity....

i just thought his experience with foriegn and domestic policy outweighed all the other candidates.
how about the whole city burned down to the ground.  Literally

Oh and I mean yeah cool he had a good relationship with North Korea, but then again they did still start that nuclear program.....so I dont know how good of a job he really did.

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Feb 06, 2008, 07:01 PM
Ummm.....no. Doesn't it seem like we are getting deeper and deeper in shit when a man is president?
I cant tell if that statement was meant the way it sounded.  But it sounded pretty feminist.  Which in the end is a stupid way of thinking.  We might as well have you saying that she is better because she is a woman, someone else saying that mccaine is better because he is white, and someone else saying that obama is better because he is black.  That is why this election is such a fucking joke.  No one is looking at actual life and political accomplishments.  They just want a circus.  Obama is a half term senator, and hillary is a 1 term.  How the fuck does that qualify either of them to be President?  and if you look at what they have done as politician neither have accomplished a whole hell of a lot.  The democratic party could have done so much better.  But they are fucking around backing who they think will win the circus.  And people are using that part of their brain that loves reality TV instead of the part that has reason.  Its sad.

and besides kelly, voting for hilary pretty much is voting for a man.  Not only because bill would more than likely be helping her with her decesions, but also because....well does she really seem like a woman to you?

Variable

and for those people talking about all of the mistake Bush has made.  As far as I can see the only really big mistake he made was to not listen to his generals and instead listen to Rumsfield who had no idea what he was talking about.  It is impossible for us to say that Iraq either would, or would not have turned hostile towards the west and it is impossible to say that the war in Iraq has , or has not detured a new terror attack on US soil.  So its all just speculation.  But we can say that the war could have been done a lot better.  So thats what we are stuck with, a war that while it is getting A LOT better, still needs a lot of attention.  So one of the things I think people should be looking at, is who out of all of these people has the capability to do that? 
  And I know a lot of people think I am pointing towards Mccain as he is who I like right now.  But thats not exactly what I am saying.  You dont HAVE to have a military experience to do this job.  You just have to be able to set your political agendas asside and listen to the experts in charge and let them operate the way that makes sense.  Now so many of these people have staked their platform on how bad the war in Iraq is.  So once again, if they are voted in, we will just have a new president not listening to the experts, just in the opposite way of Bush.  Does that really sound like it is better than what bush did?

goldpony

your posts are too long to read, so i didnt read them

i didnt know los alamos burned, hmmm
as far as NK, i dont think you can blame richardson. it was pretty appearent they were going to do it anyway
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devilinside

Quote from: Variable on Feb 07, 2008, 07:44 AM
and besides kelly, voting for hilary pretty much is voting for a man.  Not only because bill would more than likely be helping her with her decesions, but also because....well does she really seem like a woman to you?

egggzactly!!!

;)

I f'n loved Clinton! First president I ever voted for.

devilinside

Quote from: Variable on Feb 07, 2008, 07:44 AM
I cant tell if that statement was meant the way it sounded.  But it sounded pretty feminist.  Which in the end is a stupid way of thinking.

And yeah,I guess I am pretty much a feminist to an extent. To each their own.

goldpony

i cant decide who to vote for...its either gonna be clinton or mccain. i cant decide if im going to vote for education or the economy this election.
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

snw777

fuck that shit. USA will always be the same anyway.

goldpony

true, but i like to pretend i have some input on the direction of the country
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

snw777

is what I think, people love to pretend they will really change something...elections just blind people. Its a way to you all think you really care when I really doubt people do...

Hilary Clinton = Obama = Romney = Bush = Bin Laden.

devilinside

Quote from: goldpony on Feb 07, 2008, 07:30 PM
true, but i like to pretend i have some input on the direction of the country

haha.....true

Quote from: snw777 on Feb 07, 2008, 07:36 PM
is what I think, people love to pretend they will really change something...elections just blind people. Its a way to you all think you really care when I really doubt people do...

Hilary Clinton = Obama = Romney = Bush = Bin Laden.

Romney dropped out....sore loser.

snw777

I dont care...its still the same.