Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Iron Man.

Started by fireflyry, Feb 13, 2008, 05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blondie

i thought the movie was kinda meh. it had its really cool moments, but the story was lacking just a tad.

robert downey jr. was great though; one of my favorite actors, along with the always charming and brilliant jeff bridges.

Variable

I agree that the story was a bit lacking.  But it the cool - funny parts of the movie made up for all that.

fireflyry

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

I just got back from that movie and It was really fucking good ! =D
Too bad we couldnt see a little bit of War machine
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

fireflyry

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Nailec

did the movie had some critic potential or was it just entertainment?

goldpony

apparently there is a teaser for the Captain Amaerica movie in Iron Man

see here http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=54651
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

Quote from: Nailec on May 23, 2008, 01:45 AM
did the movie had some critic potential or was it just entertainment?
well Robert Downey JR did an amazing job.  But it wasn't like an oscar winning role or anything.  More like something where you could tell he was just having fun.  I personally think it was just the entertainment factor that made the movie good.  It was very funny and had some good action that made me and all my friends drop our jaws and go "woh"

White Pwny

Quote from: Variable on May 24, 2008, 01:12 AM
well Robert Downey JR did an amazing job.  But it wasn't like an oscar winning role or anything.  More like something where you could tell he was just having fun.  I personally think it was just the entertainment factor that made the movie good.  It was very funny and had some good action that made me and all my friends drop our jobs and go "woh"

I feel like I've seen this before..... ;)
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

White Pwny

Quote from: Variable on May 24, 2008, 06:34 AM
im confused

You sent that whole post to me on Yahoo.  Duh.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

lol. god, its amazing how out of it I am today.

Nailec

seen the movie yesterday.

one scene immidiately reminded me of this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ELhtXtnV3pg

teh movie was a good start hopefully to following movies

defskull

Well this sucks.  Don Cheadle is replacing Terrence Howard in Iron Man 2.

http://joblo.com/cheadle-in-iron-man

Jacob

watched it a couple weeks back. piece of shit movie, but highly entertaining.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

downtownpony

Quote from: defskull on Oct 14, 2008, 11:25 PM
Well this sucks.  Don Cheadle is replacing Terrence Howard in Iron Man 2.

http://joblo.com/cheadle-in-iron-man
Cheadle is a good actor, but I agree that the role would have been more fitting for terrance howard, or even the dude who played spawn.

theis

Jacob

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Oct 15, 2008, 01:46 AM
Quote from: aenemic on Oct 15, 2008, 12:56 AM
piece of shit movie

nah.

well, in my mind it is. the story is one of the most predictable I've ever seen in a movie. and all the high-tech stuff was just silly. I'm not for 100% realism in movies, but there's something called suspension of disbelief. give me a setting, set up limits for that setting and then give me all the science fiction you want as long as it fits within those limits - then I will buy it. the science fiction in this movie was totally random and pretty much anything was possible. same goes for the way people reacted in different situations: it was all totally random just to fit into that cheesy story. take the part where the terrorists actually see that guy building something other than the rocket (I think the scene was when he tried out the robotic leg). yet with some lame convincing, they soon forgot about it and went on as if nothing happened.

other than that, Robert Downey Jr. is great and he was the main reason the movie wasn't a complete failure. and the action and humor made for some simple entertainment.

theis

congrats on writing something i dont even wanna read. (or nobody for that matter).

you really have to quote everything i write, dont ya, buddy?

Jacob

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Oct 15, 2008, 02:05 AM
congrats on writing something i dont even wanna read. (or nobody for that matter).

you really have to quote everything i write, dont ya, buddy?

huh? I always quote the post I'm replying too, is there something wrong with that?

oh, and I don't care if you don't want to read. I didn't post it for you. I posted my thoughts on the movie, just like everyone else. sorry if you take my opinions on a movie personal.