Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gunman kills five at U.S. university

Started by theis, Feb 15, 2008, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

6 shot dead, including gunman, at Northern Illinois University

DEKALB, Illinois (CNN) -- A gunman dressed in black stepped from behind a curtain at the front of a large lecture hall at Northern Illinois University on Thursday and shot 21 people, five of them fatally, then shot and killed himself, said university president John Peters.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/02/14/university.shooting/index.html

What a wonderful world.

deafnotes

holy shit another mass murder at school. damn world

is What a wonderful world a psychedelic song?

theis

Jacob

it's sickening.

so what band(s) did they blame it on this time?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Shaye

Gosh, you know this is not keeping me motivated to get my masters in education so I can teach. No, not at all.   :(

devilinside

It fucking sucks,really. I have 2 kids,and am terrified that some shit like this will happen to them one day . Schools need to have more security. Fuck getting tax money back to "boost the economy",use it to up the security.We will have no economy TO boost if this shit keeps happening.

kreepercamikaze

This is the 4th school shooting  this week ALONE in the US. Obviously with the elections going on the news felt it not of any importance to report this as it should have been. Hooray for selective media.   ::)

nothing to see here but the rain. there\\\'s nothing to hold you but the flames.

goldpony

one more reason why the US will vote to have big brother watch them
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

whodunit?

isn't it normal? isn't it just another event during a school year? like a graduation day? I guess so.
I'm sure there will be at least one-two more such eventful days.

untz untz untz

People should be allowed to carry concealed pistols.

goldpony

Quote from: untz untz untz on Feb 16, 2008, 01:21 AM
People should be allowed to carry concealed pistols.

they are in certain states, like mine
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devilinside

mine too...and I heard something about them letting people take them into bars now...as long as they aren't drinking?!?!?!? Mmmk..........

untz untz untz

2003 - 598

2004 - 448

2005 - 448

2006 - 467

2007 - 443

deftonekid

this is so sad...

Quote from: aenemic on Feb 15, 2008, 11:46 AM
it's sickening.

so what band(s) did they blame it on this time?

good question, marylin manson is not longer on target i guess

Crazylegs

Quote from: devilinside on Feb 15, 2008, 07:43 PM
Schools need to have more security.

Schools shouldn't need security. Get rid of them guns.

devilinside

Yeah,but we know that's impossible since you can order them anywhere.

Crazylegs

that's the problem. But seriously a weapon like this fella must have used shouldn't be available to the public. If he tried that shit with a hunting rifle or something he would get max two hits in before getting kicked in the crotch.

kreepercamikaze

I don't see any reason for rapid firing automatic weapons to be available to the public at all.

nothing to see here but the rain. there\\\'s nothing to hold you but the flames.

Frankz0r

I still don't get why the fuck it's like a "psych trend" in the US to grab a semi-automatic gun and kill people at a university/school.

You motherfuckers, if you want to drain rage, go and play counter-strike or halo 3.

Hello kelly *muah* I haven't talked to you in ages :( <- random chat.

spitfire

keep selling guns like they were candies Americans.
i dont see this kind of situation happening anywhere else in the world (ok, theres some exceptions).
they can blame who the hell they want to, but i dont see artist giving them full acess to guns , they are only throwing words. fight the real problem. get rid of the gun system. oh yeah Michael Moore... another motive to do a doc
sad, just sad