Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gunman kills five at U.S. university

Started by theis, Feb 15, 2008, 08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: spitfire on Feb 16, 2008, 04:55 AM
keep selling guns like they were candies Americans.
i dont see this kind of situation happening anywhere else in the world (ok, theres some exceptions).
they can blame who the hell they want to, but i dont see artist giving them full acess to guns , they are only throwing words. fight the real problem. get rid of the gun system. oh yeah Michael Moore... another motive to do a doc
sad, just sad

agreed. it boggles my mind that it's still so easy to get a gun in the US, even after all these shootings.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

deafnotes

they blame all emo bands now especially MCR

Variable

you guys are idiots if you think getting rid of guns all together would solve the problem.  Obviously the people who we are having problems with are people who dont give two shits about the law.  So maybe if we make another law against guns they will follow that one?  Yeah that makes a lot of sense ::)

Crazylegs

Quote from: Variable on Feb 17, 2008, 09:23 AM
you guys are idiots if you think getting rid of guns all together would solve the problem.
Getting rid of guns would solve the problem, good luck getting rid of them though.

untz untz untz

Just like getting rid of drugs will solve that problem.  Not gonna happen.

goldpony

remember, the founders of the US made it our constitutional right to bear arms....in case those goddamn europeans try to attack again and take our freedom ;D
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Variable

Quote from: Crazylegs on Feb 17, 2008, 03:14 PM
you guys are idiots if you think getting rid of guns all together would solve the problem.
Getting rid of guns would solve the problem, good luck getting rid of them though.
you know, there are no guns in prison, but people are still murdered there.

but you are right about getting rid of them.  All the law abiding citizens in america would be unarmed.  But criminals would continue to be criminals and break the law and purchase weapons outside the law.  If you guys think making a law against guns would solve the problem, why not just one up it.  Lets make a law against killing people.  Since everyone obeys every law that we make, that would totally work ::)

tarkil

Quote from: Variable on Feb 19, 2008, 01:31 PM

but you are right about getting rid of them.  All the law abiding citizens in america would be unarmed.  But criminals would continue to be criminals and break the law and purchase weapons outside the law.  If you guys think making a law against guns would solve the problem, why not just one up it.  Lets make a law against killing people.  Since everyone obeys every law that we make, that would totally work ::)

Damn man, for once, wow you say is complete uber stupid shit... Usually, whether I agree with you or not, it's sort of brained and thought of. But how can you seriously believe in the talk you just had ?
Obviously having freely available weapons everywhere increases murder rate... That's so obvious that I still cannot believe you think otherwise...
If guns are prohibited, obviously, some people will still manage to get some, but it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less...
I'm disappointed Variable...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

goldpony

Quote from: tarkil on Feb 19, 2008, 03:10 PM
Quote from: Variable on Feb 19, 2008, 01:31 PM

Damn man, for once, wow you say is complete uber stupid shit... Usually, whether I agree with you or not, it's sort of brained and thought of. But how can you seriously believe in the talk you just had ?
Obviously having freely available weapons everywhere increases murder rate... That's so obvious that I still cannot believe you think otherwise...
If guns are prohibited, obviously, some people will still manage to get some, but it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less...
I'm disappointed Variable...

i agree with takil. if you look at violent crime stats, countries were firearms are banned (like the UK) are much much lower than the US. I still support the 2nd ammendment tho, im just for really strict controls.
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Penicks

He has a gun in his avatar, of course he's supporting them!

Variable

Quote from: Penicks on Feb 19, 2008, 07:23 PM
He has a gun in his avatar, of course he's supporting them!
yeah I know right

oldgentlovecraft

I'm gonna have to agree with a Variable on this one.  Where there's a will there's a way.  People here would still find anyway possible to get guns.  Criminals can already get them illegally, crazy hilljack militia fanatics would freak out and stockpile more than they already do, and because they were banned more idiots would go out and find a way to buy one just to be rebellious.  And it's not always about the m.o. because if guns were banned they would just use something else.  It's in their nature and a gun ban wouldn't do much to decrease our crime rate.

weakcure

I really don't see the full outlaw of guns probable in the United States; it may work for other countries, but it's inevitable that the instance the ban is implemented, people will be pulling out the "freedom of defense" card... which I think is bullshit when that privilege has been abused. There are alternative ways of protection.

If anything, security and and regulations need to be heightened because when you don't feel safe on a college campus, that's a major warning that something is wrong.

goldpony

yeah, it will never be illegal in this conutry to own a gun. it is a basic right spelled out in out constitution. its really hard to overturn an amendmant, especially that one. cause, you know, everyone needs to be able to hunt deer with a semi-automatic rifle
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Shaye

Quote from: goldpony on Feb 20, 2008, 06:20 PM
yeah, it will never be illegal in this conutry to own a gun. it is a basic right spelled out in out constitution. its really hard to overturn an amendmant, especially that one. cause, you know, everyone needs to be able to hunt deer with a semi-automatic rifle

Seriously. I mean, look how hard it was to ban alcohol during the prohibition in this country. And that had nothing to do with constitutional rights.

tarkil

Hello people, Alcohol and Guns are not the same kind of things... Guns FUCKING KILL people (ok so does alcohol, but timeframe might be slightly different...)

We are fucking talking about free availibility of objects used to kill each other... Don't fucking act like it's normal, just in case you need to fucking defend yourself from something... You americans are way too paranoid...

kreepercamikaze

Banning guns won't stop people from getting them. I think its fine to have a gun for protection, I just think certain types of  firearms really don't need to be available to the public legally, and the obvious tightening of the rules and laws making it possible to purchase a gun. There really is no need for a civilian to own a rapid fire weapon, protection or not.

nothing to see here but the rain. there\\\'s nothing to hold you but the flames.

Shaye

Quote from: tarkil on Feb 21, 2008, 04:42 AM
Hello people, Alcohol and Guns are not the same kind of things... Guns FUCKING KILL people (ok so does alcohol, but timeframe might be slightly different...)

We are fucking talking about free availibility of objects used to kill each other... Don't fucking act like it's normal, just in case you need to fucking defend yourself from something... You americans are way too paranoid...

I didn't mean to imply that they were the same thing. I was just pointing out that it was so hard to ban alcohol and that was just a drink. Banning guns would be much harder, being that it's part of the constitution and secondly that it would be hard to enforce, just like alcohol or drugs.

I agree that alcohol takes longer to kill a person if you're referring to getting liver disease from drinking too much for example. However alcohol kills a large amount of people just as quickly as any bullet to the head would if you think about drunk driving fatalities.

I don't have a very strong opinion on gun control either way because firearms happen to not be a part of my life. But I just agree that it would be very difficult to enforce any type of ban on them, here in the US.

tarkil

Quote from: kreepercamikaze on Feb 21, 2008, 04:51 AMBanning guns won't stop people from getting them.

Actually yes.... It will be waaaaaaaay harder, and therefore only accessible to a tiny tiny little minority of people...

Quote from: kreepercamikaze on Feb 21, 2008, 04:51 AMI think its fine to have a gun for protection

Out of curiosity, protection against what ?

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: tarkil on Feb 21, 2008, 04:42 AM

Guns don't fire themselves.  If you take away guns people are just going to find something else to commit crimes with.  Hell maybe we should just so people have to get a bit more creative.  I can't wait to see the day when crazy militia fucks run around with chainsaws instead of assault rifles.