Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

best picture

Started by lithium, Feb 16, 2008, 01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lithium

your predictions

i'm going with 'there will be blood' with 'no country for old men' as the runner up

im sure the academy will crown 'atonement' tho

💩

Breach Unborn

Voted: No Country, because it was fucking badass

I haven't seen There Will Be Blood though, but the Milkshake line is pretty popular right now

lithium

awesome fucking ending to the film
💩

mrs_swa

I cannot vote, as I have not seen any of them  :-\
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

Inkblades

There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men were both amazing. Juno sucked horse cock and is the most overrated piece of shit in the history of the universe.  Zodiac or The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford should be in it's place. I haven't seen Michael Clayton or Atonement yet.

devilinside

Juno= waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated!

emotivelotion

Quote from: mrs_swa on Feb 16, 2008, 11:45 PM
I cannot vote, as I have not seen any of them  :-\

lawl, me neither

occipudding

i heard from 4 different people that no country sucked.  could be being lied to?
machete!  meow

defskull

The problem is if you go see a movie that's supposed to be amazing after it's been overhyped to death, of course it's not going to be that great.

I went and saw Juno only because Jason Reitman was directing it. I thought it was a great movie.  I haven't really seen any movie this year that was underrated that should have gotten a best picture nom.  That's not to say that these are the best choices, but just the fact that nothing too mindblowing came out this year.

goldpony

i only saw juno so thats what i voted for. i really liked the movie, it had a great theme and i liked how it wasnt the main focus of the story.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

oldgentlovecraft

Juno was a great movie!

theis

oldgentlovecraft

Lol thought it was funny.  I think I'm going to buy a few bumper stickers

fireflyry

I may be wrong but they all seem to be late entries hence none have been released here yet, to my knowledge, although I read a review comparing "There will be blood" to "Citizen Cane" hence my money is on the former.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

lithium

💩

Variable

how the fuck have I heard of none of these movies?

goldpony

Quote from: Variable on Feb 19, 2008, 01:46 PM
how the fuck have I heard of none of these movies?

you are fighting a war in afghanistan ;D
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

13hourstoparadise

Sunshine should be up there!

wither-I

i just got back from seeing "there will be blood", and i must say i wept real tears after it was done- and fluttered my arms to see if i could fly... one of the best movies EVER, hands fucking down. i cannot be swayed. daniel day lewis is now governing my soul with a lashing rage, indecent, and i do not care. the end was perfect imo, and would serve as a great monologue. thank the heavens, good movies can still be made.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Timmy666