💩

Variable

is it out on video? 

god google would really help me with all of this

lithium

💩

blondie

Variable

ok.  So I finally was able to get my hands on "there will be blood" ( I could not use that link because the Internet here is beyond words for sucking)

I really dont even know what I think about it right now.  I for sure liked no country better.  I mean It was Sllllooooowwwww to start.  It took almost an hour before anything happened that really caught my interest.  I did like the main character though.  I liked his dedication.  I liked the history in the movie.  Sort of a look at where we (as americans) came from.  What it took to succeed in order to make america the economic power house it is....or was anyways.  I think most men can relate to his lust for competition and success to some level.  But it was just lacking something to me.  I didn't hate it.  I just didn't love it.

theis

there will be blood was amazing. it wasn't slow. it was beautiful.

Variable

It was very slow.  There was not an amazing thing about the movie until Eli went all crazy in the church trying to get the demons out.  Then it was slow again for a while.  I mean literally nothing happened in the first hour. 

theis

he was by himself. do you talk to yourself when your working alone? i hope not.  it was realistic.

the music, the scenery, the build-up... there was no need for words. this movie was art... movies are moving pictures and this was a perfect example...

ah well, i'm sorry you didn't enjoy it the way i did.

Variable

Its not the lack of dialog that got me.  Just the lack of plot.  NOTHING HAPPENED.  the only reason i sat through it is because you guys told me its was so good.  And generally I trust you guys on shit like this.  I dont know.  Maybe I just dont understand it.  Or maybe I need to watch it again.  Why did you like it so much?  Was it because of the story?  Or the how realistic the portrayal of the man was?  How it showed the demons you have to take on to obtain certain goals?  I would appreciate someone explaining in a bit more details why they liked this movie so much.  Maybe I just need it explained to me. 

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Variable on Mar 09, 2008, 02:57 PM
Its not the lack of dialog that got me.  Just the lack of plot.  NOTHING HAPPENED.  the only reason i sat through it is because you guys told me its was so good.  And generally I trust you guys on shit like this.  I dont know.  Maybe I just dont understand it.  Or maybe I need to watch it again.  Why did you like it so much?  Was it because of the story?  Or the how realistic the portrayal of the man was?  How it showed the demons you have to take on to obtain certain goals?  I would appreciate someone explaining in a bit more details why they liked this movie so much.  Maybe I just need it explained to me. 

Exactly, I hated it... But I was with a good looking girl, so I sat through it.

Variable

I think maybe a lot of people just found the story to be shocking, or disturbing....in an entertaining way.  To see what this guy would to, how he would fuck people over even to the point of murder to get ahead, or just his way.  But....I dont know.  Maybe im an ass hole but that didn't seem all that weird or shocking to me.  I could be way off though.

wither-I

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Mar 07, 2008, 01:06 AM
there will be blood was amazing. it wasn't slow. it was beautiful.
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Mar 07, 2008, 04:28 PM
he was by himself. do you talk to yourself when your working alone? i hope not.  it was realistic.

the music, the scenery, the build-up... there was no need for words. this movie was art... movies are moving pictures and this was a perfect example...

ah well, i'm sorry you didn't enjoy it the way i did.
you cant say it better than this. the movie was art-that is all. this is what i look for in movies as well. i dont need things laid out (plotted). plots have become overrated just as "intent" is with any art. art- as visual,music, film, etc, etc... should be this way, not told as what to think or see in it but to "feel". just the whole idea behind "abstraction" in art. the same way i enjoy free-improv music. im really in awe of this movie and think its the greatest thing ever-just brilliant.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

theis

that's awesome, man.

i'm still thinking about this movie. it's impossible to forget.

i actually think i'd be able to put it in a top 5 of the greatest movies i've ever seen.

wither-I

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Mar 14, 2008, 12:13 AM
that's awesome, man.

i'm still thinking about this movie. it's impossible to forget.

i actually think i'd be able to put it in a top 5 of the greatest movies i've ever seen.
same here! hands down one of the best EVER. and more so than usual, i admit that notion definitively... this movie has haunted me for three weeks since i saw it, and i love it. I WILL BURY YOU! I WILL BURY YOU UNDER THE GROUND! im glad to see you agree. and your sig quote is precise 8)

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Variable

maybe im just too big of an ass hole to be haunted by that movie.  I mean I agree that it was well done.  It just didn't stimulate me at all.  oh well.

13hourstoparadise

I think Trey and I like the movie Harsh Times, am I right?

Variable

I would agree that you and I see eye to eye on a lot of things.  But that is hands down one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

lithium

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Mar 15, 2008, 11:22 PM
I think Trey and I like the movie Harsh Times, am I right?
harsh times was awesome
💩

Variable

really?  I thought it had horrible acting.  And Christian Bale playing a chicano?  mmmmmmmmno

lithium

he wasnt playing chicano, he was a white boy who grew up in a chicano neighborhood.

it wasnt the best of movies, but it was good imo.

i'm partial to bale and rodriguez for their previous work so maybe i have to watch it again.

💩