Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

I just need some help

Started by Frankz0r, Feb 20, 2008, 11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankz0r

Ok here I go,  stupid post:

I'm thinking about learning a new language for me, should I pick French or should I pick German?

I'd like to learn french but I know it's kinda hard and complicated... Besides, I don't know shit about french. The other option is German, I guess it's easier and in some way it can be similar to english.

So guys, what can you say?  :) oh I'm a native spanish speaker.

muah  :-*

blondie

french will be easier since it's similar to spanish more than german is with english.

whodunit?

I study languages so I can tell ya.

For English speaking people German is much more easier than French. they', English and German, are from the same "family" of languages. they have similar structures. however, English language has lot of French vocabulary, but when it comes to grammar, which is crucial when studying the second (or third) language, German will be easier for you.

personally, if I had to choose, I'd pick German. I hate this language but it's much easier to learn.

13hourstoparadise

I say French, much more relation to Italian and Spanish... It teachs you femmine and male phrases, whereas German is difficult as fuck to prononce from an English background... IMHO

devilinside

I took 2 years of German in school,and it is NOT easy. It's not a very pretty language either. French...meh... You should do Japanese! haha  But seriously,Ich sage Deutsch.

:)

Fireal1222

i took french and i personally didn't think it was that hard

i can only tell you my name and order steak fries after 2 years of french

but it was still easy

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

devilinside

HAH! I'm the same way,I can conjugate nouns,say the alphabet and numbers,and tell you Ich bin auslander und sprechen nicht gut Deutsch.

13hourstoparadise

Je parle francias un peu...

After four years I can't remember shit... I never paid attention in school but got something out of it.

tarkil

I think french wil be easier if you're spanish...
At least, me learning spanish was very easy because I know french... Both languages are really similar, so I think it's the safest option...

And sorry to say that, but german sucks ass : it's one of the ugliest language to hear....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: tarkil on Feb 21, 2008, 04:36 AM
And sorry to say that, but german sucks ass : it's one of the ugliest language to hear....

Yeah, Russian too... Wait, no, southern american is the WORST!!! I can't stand it, sometimes it's sexy for a woman... Sorry, I hope not to offend, just my too sense.

snw777

"southern american"

do you mean portuguese?

Shaye

Quote from: snw777 on Feb 21, 2008, 05:10 AM
"southern american"

do you mean portuguese?

I think he meant the Southern accent of the US, but I could be wrong.

Definitely go with French. If you already speak Spanish french will be fairly easy since their both based from Latin. Plus, (and I could be wrong) but I would assume French is more widely spoken than German.

devilinside

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 21, 2008, 05:01 AM

Yeah, Russian too... Wait, no, southern american is the WORST!!! I can't stand it, sometimes it's sexy for a woman... Sorry, I hope not to offend, just my too sense.

Dude...I have a southern accent,and it's FABULOUS! A few here can tell you. But I take no offense...and I think you mean the "redneck" language is ugly...kinda like the "gangsta" language is ugly.  ;D

Nailec

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Germanic_languages

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_languages

i would suggest to learn latin or ancient greek which will help you to improve you common knowledge and to understand a lot of scientific words and so on

shine down unshy

Learn french so you can mack on tha ladiessss.

devilinside

spanish>french

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay sexier

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: devilinside on Feb 21, 2008, 06:01 AM
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 21, 2008, 05:01 AM

Dude...I have a southern accent,and it's FABULOUS! A few here can tell you. But I take no offense...and I think you mean the "redneck" language is ugly...kinda like the "gangsta" language is ugly.  ;D

Yes, that is what I meant, the redneck language... That's what I was looking for last night, but couldn't think of the term...

My dad has a straight up English accent, and he moved to the states when he was 19. Still thick as fuck. Since I was raised listening to him I actually have a slight English accent as well... People always ask where I'm from, it's odd... And my grandma, she speaks Italian all the time - I have no clue what the fuck she is talking about...

theshadeisatool

Deutsch mein Kind, Deutsch!

German is easy-ish for a while and then you have to learn the different cases (Nominativ, Dativ, Akkusativ, etc.) and there's rigid sentence order that you've got to stick to make sense.

With regards to what Whodunit? said, I found German grammar really difficult to grasp personally. But your right about there being some similarties.

I have to say that ultimately there are more words from Latin-languages used in English nowadays, so German can be quite difficult as opposed to French or Spanish.

Eg. English: Education, French: Éducation, German: Bildung, Spanish: Educación

German definitely is fun though. Ja. French is more flowing and nice-sounding. Depends on what you're looking for.

Espanol es más fácil y creo que es un idioma excelente. Pero no hablo bien.

Frankz0r

Quote from: theshadeisatool on Feb 21, 2008, 07:58 PM
Espanol es más fácil y creo que es un idioma excelente. Pero no hablo bien.

Español es el idioma más difícil de aprender, incluso más que el japonés o mandarín. <- Spanish is the hardest language to learn. We as native spanish speakers even don't know how to speak in a correct way and even how to write (it's pretty difficult for some people)... I know it happens with every language but believe me it's a pain in the ass with spanish.

And thanks for the suggestions, I really like how french sounds but it would be nice to learn german. I think I'll go for french, struggling I'll learn something, I hope so.

tarkil

Quote from: Frankz0r on Feb 21, 2008, 11:48 PM
Español es el idioma más difícil de aprender, incluso más que el japonés o mandarín.

No way... Spanish is way easier than mandarin...
Japanese is pretty easy, but spanish is really an esay language to learn... fro sure

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.