Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

I hate the sex pistols....

Started by 13hourstoparadise, Feb 24, 2008, 04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

13hourstoparadise

Johnny Rotten, fucking Sid V....

I just watched a doc on them, you know Sid could not play the bass..... His bass lines were pre-recorded and played live over dubbed during shows.... This is coming from Johnny Rotten... I knew it, all these years, fuck I hate them.... Jello Biafra is the real, and only, true enlightened person... (Dead Kennedys)

What do you think of the sex pistols.... Fuck them.... They were pop music, a business, cheap tricks and fake talk....

snw777

Jacob

never liked Sex Pistols much but Johnny Rotten's other band, Public Image Ltd., is great.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

ignore the fashion

fuck you all!! jk

i was never big on the sex pistols

Zevaka

i luv Sex Pistols
not among my favorites but i listen to it from time to time and enjoy it a lot

13hourstoparadise

I never got into their music. I do love punk and grew up on it. I just can believe all these years it was just an act... Fucking brtis... (I have a UK passport because my dad is from London, so I was joking.)

theis

goldpony

you really didnt knwo it was all an act? has anyone seen the great rock n roll swindle? its hilarious! sure 98% of its made up, but still. the fact they (or malcolm mclaren) made a bunch of money without ever recording a song for all these record labels is awesome. i always enjoyed the pistols, cause they were a joke and knew it but people still bought in. besides, bodies is a great song. so dancing on the dole
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

13hourstoparadise

I never paid attention to sex pistols, that's why I never saw the act....

To Johnny Rotten punk is spitting in public places... He really annoys the shit out of me...

fireflyry

If you think the Sex Pistols had anything to do with musical prowess or skill your really forming an opinion based on lack of knowledge.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

13hourstoparadise

You could've just called me ignorant...

deafnotes

i kinda like them xcept syd.

theshadeisatool

Quote from: fireflyry on Feb 26, 2008, 11:28 AM
If you think the Sex Pistols had anything to do with musical prowess or skill your really forming an opinion based on lack of knowledge.

Exactly, technically they were shit, it was more to do with the style/swagger/whatever and influence they had on other bands. It could be said about someone like Nirvana, though to be fair I think Nirvana were way more proficient than many on the first wave of punk bands.

fireflyry

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 26, 2008, 11:43 PM
You could've just called me ignorant...

But I don't think you are as I pretty much agree, they were a pretty shit band, heck even the members agree they were shit and played 99% of their shows totally wasted and sounded like crap but it was never about the music.

It was about the attitude.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

13hourstoparadise

True...

The attitude was them selling themselves...

Oh  yeah, what prompted this thread is the song by Mogwai called Punk Rock. In the back ground you hear Iggy Pop trying to sound intelligent, however he is just a wasted dumb fuck. Don't take it the wrong way, he is somewhat bright, however if you listen to the interview or track you can tell he was just trying to sound smart... Just like the sex pistols... They only answered questions they believed they could sound enlightened... Otherwise the answer yas, fuck off you bloody wanker.

Excuse the grammer and spelling, I'm in a rush.

goldpony

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 28, 2008, 08:12 PM

jerking off to pics of nancy spungeon? ;D
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: goldpony on Feb 28, 2008, 08:26 PM
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 28, 2008, 08:12 PM

jerking off to pics of nancy spungeon? ;D

How did you know!? :)

goldpony

"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

occipudding

i listened to them for like a month when i was 13.  then i realized they sucked.
machete!  meow