Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

TEAM SLEEP Parts Ways With Management, Record Label

Started by Deftones-88-05-Deftones, Feb 26, 2008, 07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

TEAM SLEEP, the side project of DEFTONES frontman Chino Moreno, has issued the following update:

"'I feel that the last two thousand years have been wonderful, but we're now at a point where [ . . . ] we need to find a formal space equal to the possibilities we have in this time.'

"This quote is from Anthony Braxton, a composer, performer and professor of music. Unlike Mr. Braxton's projects, TEAM SLEEP is a pop band, so the significance of this quote applies not only to the form of our music, but how we interact with the people who like our band. So, I'll revise him a bit to suit my needs: 'The last thirty-odd years have been great, but I've got a recording studio, film studio, photo studio and publishing house on my lap so why should I put out a CD, employ a manager or a record label?'

"With this in mind, we've separated ourselves from any management company we've been associated with. Furthermore, we don't owe a record company anything and we have no need to commit to one at this time. So, who is left? The band and the people who like our music.

"The reason I like the quote above so much is that speaks to the changes that are going on now in how we make music and what we do with it.

"I'm not going to assume that records will be relevant in 2010. I don't know how we'll be interacting with people who like our band two years from now and that is the most exciting and inspiring thing in the world. Hopefully TEAM SLEEP will be able to make a small contribution to music and the way bands operate."

TEAM SLEEP's members include Moreno (vocals, guitar), Zach Hill of HELLA (drums), DJ Crook (turntables), Todd Wilkinson (guitar) and Rick Verrett (bass/keyboards).

" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

Deadradio

deftoolsys07

so what are they saying, they won't have a cd? only be able to download the shit or what?
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

blondie

There Will Be Blood

so i guess they will be indie label when they make a cd?

Mikey

props to the band for trying to do things their way.

samson simpson

White Wrist

i think it´s cool.

They will have more freedom and... Record labels ARE NOT the future in music.

Quote from: blondie on Feb 26, 2008, 08:58 PM
means they got fired lolz.

or maybe this is true...

NiChe

13hourstoparadise

Hell yeah, they are better off on their own...

theshadeisatool

That was quite a witty little statement from our boy Moreno there... Power to him.

Jizzlobber

they can make more money and have a more effective operation going without those label people interfering anyway
<

lxix

Quote from: theshadeisatool on Mar 02, 2008, 08:51 PM
That was quite a witty little statement from our boy Moreno there... Power to him.
Think those are actually Todd's words, it's from a post he did on the teamsleep.net blog