Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

song i made

Started by occipudding, Feb 28, 2008, 06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blondie

it says i have to log in to hear the rest of the song.

FAIL.

occipudding

what the fuck?  ill put it on my myspace or some shit tomorrow and repost it.  sorry, i didn't know
machete!  meow

occipudding

ok, well i put it up just now anyway.  myspace.com/lifeexpletive
first song.  called "bowser"
tell me what you think
machete!  meow

theshadeisatool

Wow impressive shit! Can I say it's like a perfect mix of loungey ambience and oddness, with a hip-hop tribal flavour!? All the sounds I like!

theshadeisatool

Liking the other songs too!

occipudding

thank you friend.  if you play anything or sing or anything like that and can record into your computer, id love to collaborate.  im pretty proud of it (bowser i mean).  i think it's probably the best thing ive done yet.  my shit would probably be a little better but i don't have the full version of fruityloops so i cant save my projects and work on them later.  i can save them as wavs which i guess would work but thats too much effort so i usually start my shit and finish it in the same day.  id buy the whole thing but i know there's better programs out there so i need to do some research before making a final purchase.
machete!  meow

Corleone

what do you use to record? i can record at my friends house

occipudding

i use wave studio.  it came with my comp.  works pretty good.  plug directly into my laptop and record away.
machete!  meow

theshadeisatool

Quote from: occipudding on Feb 28, 2008, 09:56 PM
thank you friend.  if you play anything or sing or anything like that and can record into your computer, id love to collaborate.  im pretty proud of it (bowser i mean).  i think it's probably the best thing ive done yet.  my shit would probably be a little better but i don't have the full version of fruityloops so i cant save my projects and work on them later.  i can save them as wavs which i guess would work but thats too much effort so i usually start my shit and finish it in the same day.  id buy the whole thing but i know there's better programs out there so i need to do some research before making a final purchase.

Oh man i wish I could. I've recorded my voice on wav once but that was just tragic haha. Your stuff is inspirational wish I could! What hardware do you use to record?

occipudding

just a cord, adapter and my guitar, a purty blue acoustic ibanez.  all the effects i put on in fruityloops.  usually delay and reverb mostly.
machete!  meow

theshadeisatool

Kewl, I ought to get some of that stuff and software. I see you're on imeem then occi, good ain't it?

occipudding

yeah man, it's cool.  i don't really get what to do with it though.  i just signed up to make a playlist to put on my myspace when i was bored one day lol.
machete!  meow

theshadeisatool

yeah i know what u mean, it's good that it's more music, video or whatever based tho i guess

occipudding

yeah, that and it's the only place ive ever heard a dj tiesto remix of disarm by the smashing pumpkins.  can't find it to download anywhere.  cause... you know.  well, i don't buy cds cause im nice like that.
machete!  meow

theshadeisatool

I did it cos Chino did it. And I'm spineless, and I've got to copy someone, you know!

theshadeisatool

Quote from: occipudding on Mar 02, 2008, 10:25 PM
yeah, that and it's the only place ive ever heard a dj tiesto remix of disarm by the smashing pumpkins.  can't find it to download anywhere.  cause... you know.  well, i don't buy cds cause im nice like that.

Whoa! Yeah they do have some pretty hard to find shit on there I was quite impressed.

occipudding

lol i kinda did it because chino.  id heard of the site before but never really thought much about it.  then chino put out those weekly mixes and well.  i love making mixes.  something very soothing about it.  can also be quite artistic, if you know how to blend the songs well.  of course the mixes i made on there i put pretty much no thought into.  i kinda miss cassette tapes just because of the time and effort it took to make a good mix with one.  now we have cds and imeem and mp3s and blips and bleeps and the art of mixtape making has lost some of its soul.  if im making a cd for someone, ill take the time and listen to the whole thing and listen to some of each song (beginning, some of the middle, and the last 20 seconds or so) and try to blend shit well but i dont know, it was more of a project with cassettes.  not to say i really miss cassettes.  cassettes fucking blow dude.
machete!  meow

theshadeisatool

That's exactly what I do! My lists have to have a flow and I do the same when I'm making a mix-cd for someone. I know what your saying about tapes too dude, anyways I'll add ya on imeem!