Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Women's Day

Started by whodunit?, Mar 08, 2008, 04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whodunit?

so we have so-called Women's Day here in Poland. It started when Poland was still a communist country. Do you have such day in your country too? Is it international? and yeah, we have Valentine's Day too...  ;)

anyway, I WISH ALL LADIES ON THE BOARD HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY!!!

devilinside

That is very sweet...unfortunately all the "holidays" here are for men. Oh wait. We have mothers day. But that's only if you're a mom. :)

whodunit?

Quote from: devilinside on Mar 08, 2008, 04:52 PM
That is very sweet...unfortunately all the "holidays" here are for men. Oh wait. We have mothers day. But that's only if you're a mom. :)

that's sad actually. anyways, one good thing communist did was to start the day ;) but lot of people here, unfortunately, don't like the holiday anymore.

devilinside

Aww...that sucks. I think that's awesome though that ya'll have that. ^5

Crazylegs

i believe it's international, it's just pointless, so no one cares.

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Mar 08, 2008, 04:52 PM
OMFG why is that unfortunate?  Lets take a look at the federal holidays.  We Got
New Years - not gender specific at all
MLK - Well, I would say he deserves it
Inauguration day - Not gender specific at all
Washington's Birthday - Well seeing everything that he accomplished, yeah he deserves it too
Memorial day - Keeping in mind that women have died in US operations too , this holiday is for men and women.
Independence day day -  Also for men and women as we all got our Independence on July the 4th.  not just men
labor day - seeing as how women are in the work force, this is also for women.
Columbus day - Well, A woman did not discover America.  Its just a fact.
veterans day -  Seeing as how there are TONS of female veterans, this day is also for women.
Thanksgiving - It was not just males who participated in the fist thanksgiving.  It was both men and women.  It is a day for everyone.
Christmas - Well as far as I know, women get presents on christmas too.  And jesus made it specifically clear that he was here for women too.  Sooo yeah, not just for men

But Americas strong women are celebrated all over american history.  There just has not been one yet that has done something amazing enough to get her own holiday.  Shit, Lincon does not even have his own day.  Get over yourself. 

Jizzlobber

What happened to 'steak and a blowjob' day? is that still happening or what?
<

Variable

Im all for it.  I just need a green Hat

But we might as well Make Womens day an official SL Holiday.

To the ladies I love so much on the board, heres to you.  This place would be one big gay showdown without you.

lithium

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Mar 09, 2008, 01:03 PM
day after valentines?
💩

pissedandpierced

Theres this day in the UK called 'Ladies Day' but most people don't know much about it and don't really celebrate it, I only found out it existed a few weeks ago.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Jizzlobber

Quote from: lithium on Mar 09, 2008, 05:49 PM
Quote from: Jizzlobber on Mar 09, 2008, 01:03 PM
day after valentines?

i dont really know...i mean, i heard about it, perhaps too late, but, its just something i heard is a "Day for the guys"

<

White Pwny

Quote from: Variable on Mar 09, 2008, 03:27 PM

To the ladies I love so much on the board, heres to you.  This place would be one big gay showdown without you.

You love some of the ladies here ?!??!?ONE??   :o

:P
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

I was trying to be nice

devilinside

And I just KNOW you're talkin about me....aren't ya??  ;D

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Mar 10, 2008, 03:19 AM

And I just KNOW you're talkin about me....aren't ya??  ;D
I dont hate you.  seriously.

devilinside

I know you dont. Just like I dont "hate" men. You're just fun to argue with. 

Variable

fireflyry

New Zealand was the first country in the world to give women the right to vote and as the official SL representative for my country I which to announce all the ladies here therefore owe me cookies.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

13hourstoparadise

In the states we have:

Mother's Day
Father's Day
Valentines Day
President's Day
St. Patrick's Day...

I could go on... The point, not one holi"day" can relate to me... Unless I become president... Wait, it's more possible for me to become a mother.

Fireal1222

is women's day. national wreck somebodys life day. also?

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.