Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Lost Odyssey

Started by cyppe101, Mar 10, 2008, 10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyppe101

RPG for XBOX360 from the father of Final Fantasy series, Hironobu Sakaguchi.

"The player takes control of Kaim, a man who has lived for 1,000 years, with no memory of his past. The game's story revolves around a world nearing a "magical industrial revolution", and Kaim's part in this story. Kaim, who seems to want to forget his past, struggles with the return of his memories and the pain they bring."

A lot of ppl have said it's FFVII "reborn", as a big fan of the game, I am thinking of getting this game. Anybody else interested and/or own it already? Opinion?

Trailer:
[youtube=425,350]ZTicI3dcnys[/youtube]

Crazylegs

I heard everything but the story sucks. I never really got into final fantasy either so i'll pass.

ToneDef

Yeah, I heard it's a good game. A real throwback to the 90's and shit. But it's supposedly quite weak in parts, namely the story itself. If I had the time though I'd maybe get it.

goldpony

i saw the commercial awhile ago and thought 'hey they ripped off final fantasy'. now i understand why i made the connection. looks cool
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

cyppe101

It seems that half of ppl say the story is one of the best in a RPG in years and the other half say it's just crap. I know a guy who cried, because of the story been so touching.. :)  Same with the scores it's been getting, some website gives just a 6 and call it a big disappoitment, other gives a 9 and say it's the game of the year.

Anyways, theyre just opinions. I've been waiting for a good japanese turn-based rpg since FFVII and if ppl like me say it's good...

I'll tell my opinion when I get the game.

goldpony

Quote from: cyppe101 on Mar 11, 2008, 09:47 PM
It seems that half of ppl say the story is one of the best in a RPG in years and the other half say it's just crap. I know a guy who cried, because of the story been so touching.. :)  Same with the scores it's been getting, some website gives just a 6 and call it a big disappoitment, other gives a 9 and say it's the game of the year.

Anyways, theyre just opinions. I've been waiting for a good japanese turn-based rpg since FFVII and if ppl like me say it's good...

you didnt like FFXII?
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

cyppe101

Quote from: goldpony on Mar 11, 2008, 11:24 PM
Quote from: cyppe101 on Mar 11, 2008, 09:47 PM

you didnt like FFXII?

Nah, don't like the new FF games..

Corleone

The last good FF was 9, the best one is 8 and 7 is a blast too

goldpony

i really enjoyed ffX, didnt bother to play xi, but am now slowly getting through xii. i could beat it anytime but ive been trying to do all te hunts and espers. im well past 100 hours played and am not even close to done 8)
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

shine down unshy

I bought this one the other day, so far it feels like FFX which I didnt' play all way through.  The graphics are stunning though, and so far the story seems to be keeping me entertained and intrigued.

cyppe101

I'm on the 3rd disc already.. The game looks, sounds and feels amazing.