Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Fucking stomach

Started by Softparody, Apr 03, 2008, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Softparody

Went to see ''The Orphanage'' in the theatres with my spanish class on monday. Started feeling bad and about 15 minutes out in the movie I went out to a handicap-toilet nearby and tried to throw up, but nothing would come out, and the pain got even worse. I just laid on the floor, soaked in sweat and moaned in pain. I called one of my classmated and she got some staff members to help me and drive me down to the doctor (the one you go to when you need instant help). Sat there for about 30 minutes with intense pain and finally managed to throw up, but it didn't help for the pain at all. (Anyway, I won't be eating peanut butter again for some time.) When I finally got to see a doctor she said it was probably just an infection. And it probably was, 'cause now I'm feeling well. But I've had infections in my stomach before, but never like this one. I swear that if someone was going to kill me at the time I would let them without a doubt.

Any of you experienced the same/seen cases like this before?

- Peanut butter boy.
Death is screaming my name
yet I refuse to listen to Him

shine down unshy

Burning pain or just nausea?  Sometimes if I eat some greasy foods or too much food before I go to bed, I'll have some serious heartburn/stomach pain the next day.  it got so bad one day at work I had to go to the emergency room and they gave me this mylanta/maalox cocktail and I felt much better.

Softparody

I didn't feel sick or anything, just a damn burning pain. I ate some cookies before I went to bed, but that was all.

oldgentlovecraft

Sorry to here that, almost sounded like food poisoning but if it still burns don't know.  And you missed The Orphanage?!  Fuck.  I've been trying to find a subtitled version because although I understand most of the language I'm not fluent and they speak too fast for me to pick it up.  Get better!

Softparody

Yeah, it was a great miss, I heard. Thanks, I'm fine now!

Variable

Quote from: ImperfectCircle on Apr 03, 2008, 09:08 PM
Burning pain or just nausea?  Sometimes if I eat some greasy foods or too much food before I go to bed, I'll have some serious heartburn/stomach pain the next day.  it got so bad one day at work I had to go to the emergency room and they gave me this mylanta/maalox cocktail and I felt much better.
A GI Cocktaile aka the green goddess.  I love those things.  Its maylox, mlanta, lidocaine, and donatol.  I had real bad GERD one time too and that made me feel sooo much better.

and soft paradoy where exactly was the pain?  Was it like exactly over your anatomical stomach or are you just using the word stomach the describe your abdominal region?  It makes a big difference.

devilinside

Sounds to me like it could have been a kidney stone (the pain from those come on almost instantly sometimes and you feel or can puke), a appendicitis or your gallbladder. these are all things I have dealt with that have given me similar symptoms like you had. Hope you get feeling better!

blondie

i would blame the movie and file a lawsuit.

shine down unshy

Quote from: Variable on Apr 06, 2008, 09:13 AM
A GI Cocktaile aka the green goddess.  I love those things.  Its maylox, mlanta, lidocaine, and donatol.  I had real bad GERD one time too and that made me feel sooo much better.

and soft paradoy where exactly was the pain?  Was it like exactly over your anatomical stomach or are you just using the word stomach the describe your abdominal region?  It makes a big difference.

I was wondering what exactly was in it so that I could get ahold of the ingredients when/if it ever happens again.  Instant relief is bliss.

untz untz untz

This kid is full of being soft.  See sig for more softness.

Softparody

Quote from: Variable on Apr 06, 2008, 09:13 AM

Anatomical or abdominal? Sorry, I don't have a clue what that means. You're the doc. But I felt it in every part of my stomach, neither the right nor the left side, neither at the bottom nor the top.

Quote from: devilinside on Apr 06, 2008, 05:13 PM

Sounds to me like it could have been a kidney stone (the pain from those come on almost instantly sometimes and you feel or can puke), a appendicitis or your gallbladder. these are all things I have dealt with that have given me similar symptoms like you had. Hope you get feeling better!
Sounds something like that. But the doctor never mentioned it and I felt better like the next day, after some good sleep. Doesn't a kidney stone need some kind of treatment?

Variable

Most of the time you will pass a kidney stone on your own.  If they are too big you will have to get surgery.  But you would know if you had a kidney stone.  I can spot a kidney stone patient from a mile away.  The pain would be more in your side that your abdominal region.  Kelly is right that the pain would usually make you puke.  But I would be really surprised if a doctor missed a kidney stone. 
Also appendicitis is pretty easy to spot.  you would only have pain in your lower right abdomen.  about exactly in the middle of your belly buttion and the top of the arc of your pelvic bone.  You would have a temperature and a really simple way to diagnose appendicitis is to just lay down and have someone give the bottom of your right foot a good tap.  If you feel pain because of that, its pretty safe to say you have appendicitis.  But that DOES require surgery.  Once again, would be really surprised if a doctor missed that, and you were still alive. 
It could also have been your gallbladder.  You could have had a gallstone.  Gallstones can also cause pancreatitis, but not always.  You would usually only feel the pain from a gallstone in your upper abdomen though.  And they usually only happen after you eat a really fatty meal. 

But unfortunately the most common diagnosis of abdominal pain is "acute abdominal pain of unknown origins. They rule out all the life threats.  Once they know you will live they let you go.  Because it could be thousands of things.  But the fact that it went away probably means that it was just some sort of bug. 
Quote from: untz untz untz on Apr 07, 2008, 10:26 AM
lol

i kill for fun

that sucks..im like the most unhealthy person i knwo..like go days with out eating and drink till i pass out and i dont even get so much has a fever..i actually haven't been bed ridden sick in like 3 yrs...maybe ill just croak randomly one of these days instead
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

Variable

we will all keep our fingers crossed

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Variable on Apr 10, 2008, 01:50 AM
Most of the time you will pass a kidney stone on your own.  If they are too big you will have to get surgery.  But you would know if you had a kidney stone.  I can spot a kidney stone patient from a mile away.  The pain would be more in your side that your abdominal region.  Kelly is right that the pain would usually make you puke.  But I would be really surprised if a doctor missed a kidney stone. 
Also appendicitis is pretty easy to spot.  you would only have pain in your lower right abdomen.  about exactly in the middle of your belly buttion and the top of the arc of your pelvic bone.  You would have a temperature and a really simple way to diagnose appendicitis is to just lay down and have someone give the bottom of your right foot a good tap.  If you feel pain because of that, its pretty safe to say you have appendicitis.  But that DOES require surgery.  Once again, would be really surprised if a doctor missed that, and you were still alive. 
It could also have been your gallbladder.  You could have had a gallstone.  Gallstones can also cause pancreatitis, but not always.  You would usually only feel the pain from a gallstone in your upper abdomen though.  And they usually only happen after you eat a really fatty meal. 

But unfortunately the most common diagnosis of abdominal pain is "acute abdominal pain of unknown origins. They rule out all the life threats.  Once they know you will live they let you go.  Because it could be thousands of things.  But the fact that it went away probably means that it was just some sort of bug. 
Quote from: untz untz untz on Apr 07, 2008, 10:26 AM
lol

I've had kidney stones three times and have never felt nauseous.

It felt worse than most of the bones I have broken, and the bones that I have broken that I think probably hurt worse than my kidney stone, I can't be sure because I've always been all out of it from adrenaline and happy pills. I can't think of anything that hurts worse than a kidney stone.

Variable

oh yeah man.  I have never had a kidney stone.  But I have seen hundreds of patients with kidney stones.  Pretty much every single one that I can recall have had nausea because of the pain.  But I mean it kind of makes sense that you would not because you are so used to living with pain on a daily basis.  When I say the stones made then nauseous I mean the pain of the stones literally made them puke.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I guess that makes sense.

I am a really unhealthy dude. I need to stop pissing calcium rocks out of my dick.

I can't believe I've had that shit three times.

samson simpson

then take some calcium

Variable

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Apr 26, 2008, 03:24 AM
I guess that makes sense.

I am a really unhealthy dude. I need to stop pissing calcium rocks out of my dick.

I can't believe I've had that shit three times.
some people are like that man.  For whatever reason some people are just natural kidney stone makers.  I mean there are obvious dietary changes you can make to help.  But you will probably have many more in your life.  I would just feel luck that they were small enough to actually pass instead of an urologist having to cut into you to get them out.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I passed it myself but they would have done one of those sonic breaking it up things if it was too big to pass.