Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@ bright lights, big city

Started by theis, Apr 03, 2008, 11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Quote from: blixa on Nov 15, 2010, 02:24 PM

you are not going to be tapping that anymore...

Well, hello.

bright lights, big city

yep. that's what i'm talkin about.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

no wonder this thread has so many views...

once trey posts a photo of himself in his cossie then visits to this place will double. actually TRIPLE.

bright lights, big city

oh please no.

But yeah, anyways, I feel like a complete idiot because I met this amazing girl at my friend's wedding on Saturday. I didn't bring a date because I hate dancing (that's what I keep telling myself at least), and she was at my table with the guy who brought her, some other douche friend of the groom. He's a World of Warcraft dork so I immediately felt more qualified than him (sorry to any WoW players on this site). We were talking sports and movies during dinner and seem to hit it off, then the dancing starts and the dude disappears! So we dance for like an hour and a half (again, even though I can't dance).

A couple of other people at our table who I'm friends with tell me throughout the night that she seems more interested in me than she is with her date. I chalk that up to drunk-talk. Her "date" eventually shows up on the dance floor and says something to her, so I immediately offer to back off and let him take over for me, but he says "no, no it's cool man". So to wrap this story up, she ends up leaving with the guy, even though I'm starting to come around to the fact that maybe this beautiful woman for some reason likes me..... and that's it. No phone numbers exchanged, nothing. The next day I'm talking to my dad about the night, and he asks if I ever think that maybe she just tagged along with the guy just because maybe they were friends and he didn't want to come alone, like the loser that I am.

I'm convinced now that's what the deal was, and I fucked up a big chance at something huge. I need to find this girl.

end of random story
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

downtownpony

Thats what craigslists Missed connections is for.

bright lights, big city

DERP

blixa

you can get in touch with your friend and find out through him what the guy's name is and i suppose the guy that brought her would be your friend's mate or something. you can get names. fuck, maybe your friend can pass on a message to that guy to pass on to the girl. that's all really confusing but you know what i mean.

bright lights, big city

yup, i found her on facebook. thank god for that network. my buddy who got married put in a good word for me too. just hopefully i hear something from her soon. interesting tidbit about this dame, is that she's 5 years older than me. so yeah, interesting.
DERP

blixa

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 20, 2011, 06:32 AM
yup, i found her on facebook. thank god for that network. my buddy who got married put in a good word for me too. just hopefully i hear something from her soon. interesting tidbit about this dame, is that she's 5 years older than me. so yeah, interesting.

i reckon you're in! you got to have a crack, aye?

bright lights, big city

damn right. i got nothing to lose. i'm just wondering what to do if i hear nothing today or tomorrow.
DERP

chick de la lynch

I commend you for putting yourself out there and contacting this girl on Facebook. I cower away from men I like. =/ That first move is always the most awkward and nerve racking, something I could never get over. I hope all works out between you and this girl.

blixa

add her on facebook. if she doesn't add you back then:
DIE, PLZ.

bright lights, big city

thanks for the support ladies. mazzy, great video, but sorry i have to counter with this:
Dylan Moran - Women have no feelings
DERP

TheWatcher

yo dude is your lastfm down? i cant get on lastfm

bright lights, big city

DERP

blixa

i think my cousin is going to tie the knot. why do you care? because if he does i will be in skokie for a week and a half. we can go pick up hot jews together.

bright lights, big city

fucking righteous! I enjoy the hot, spoiled  JAPs (Jewish American Princesses). I love driving down Touhy Avenue. Beautiful ladies coming out of those synagogues. And yes, lots of beards too.

But I've been on this southern girl thing lately as I said in the Indie Rock thread. I just melt when I hear it. Maybe I'll visit my cousin in Houston. Find a nice Texan girl.
DERP

chick de la lynch

Damn! I wanna go strolling for hot Jews, too!

bright lights, big city

DERP

blixa

you can fake it. everyone thought i was a jew when i was in america.