Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@ bright lights, big city

Started by theis, Apr 03, 2008, 11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

hopefully that means yer free that day... cuz there's a chance I'm going camping on either the 21st or 28th.

where at, skokie? how long you in town for?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

i'm there for 3 weeks. yes, i'll be at my aunts in skokie. i want to go check out the art institute and the gallery and then, umm, the pub.

bright lights, big city

3 weeks, eh? sweet, you might be around for the start of hockey season!

if you're looking for a pub though, Tommy Nevin's is pretty good and in Evanston, which is close to Skokie. but that could be a little too upscale for my tastes. if you want a seedy watering hole, you gotta hit up Bucktown or Rogers Park. and if you want bottom of the barrel type of places, then god help you, because I don't really want a death sentence.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

There better be lots of pictures taken when you two meet up! Too bad I won't be there. :(

bright lights, big city

yer invited. how much is airfare these days?
DERP

chick de la lynch

Too much. It'll be in the middle of my semester, too when midterms will start.

bright lights, big city

Well lucky you, I've been planning a SoCal trip for a while. But don't get them panties too drenched yet, it ain't gonna be for a long time. It's currently in what I refer to as  the "wishful thinking and when I get some gotdamn money" phase.
DERP

chick de la lynch

Haha, yeah SoCal ain't cheap! But there's plenty to do depending on where you go and if you stay in LA you can pretty much drive to a shitload of places and have some fun. And there's beaches, however a lot of them are gross due to pollution. :/

bright lights, big city

Yeah I know a bro from college in Seal Beach, but I'd feel like a shithead asking to stay with him now that he's married. And I think it's far away from where I've always to go (like Ventura, Manhattan, Santa Monica). Like to check out the Inland Empire too, and get my David Lynch on (I don't know what that means).
DERP

blixa

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Aug 22, 2012, 02:33 AM
There better be lots of pictures taken when you two meet up! Too bad I won't be there. :(

i will take photos but hopefully there will be some shots of me that aren't just of my arse please, mark.

bright lights, big city

DERP

one weak

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 22, 2012, 05:23 PM
Yeah I know a bro from college in Seal Beach, but I'd feel like a shithead asking to stay with him now that he's married. And I think it's far away from where I've always to go (like Ventura, Manhattan, Santa Monica). Like to check out the Inland Empire too, and get my David Lynch on (I don't know what that means).
Dude, Lynch made that movie specifically so you would NEVER have to go to the inland empire!

chick de la lynch

Quote from: one weak on Aug 22, 2012, 06:54 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 22, 2012, 05:23 PM
Dude, Lynch made that movie specifically so you would NEVER have to go to the inland empire!

Haha, exactly! I have been to the Inland Empire quite frequently the past year due to friends living out there now and there's pretty much nothing. One of my good friends would never leave there--she loves the I.E. It has a few things like some nice malls (Victoria Gardens, Ontario Mills) and a water park (Raging Waters) and 24 hour Wal-Mart's scattered everywhere. That's about it. Not to mention it's hotter than hell out there!

Your friend lives down the road from me. Seal Beach is nice. It's somewhat close to Disneyland, too (I have no idea if you have any interest in going) Santa Monica pier is a great place to walk around, even better if you have a girlfriend. I just went to Manhattan Beach last week and it's beautiful. I could go on about all the stuff down here. Even though I complain there's nothing to do here, there's a lot to do here.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: one weak on Aug 22, 2012, 06:54 PM
haha, I know man, but I still wanna go. Would totally go to Joshua Tree. And the Salton Sea. See, I.E. would be awesome. I WANT to see absolutely nothing. The closest thing to nothing around me is cornfields everywhere. Aside from freaking me out at night because of Signs, those fields to nothing for me. A desert of nothing would be awesome to see.

And Disneyland would be nice. I'll admit I love Disney World. My cousin classed it up and actually just got married there last New Year's. Was a pretty cool experience to be there for the holidays.
DERP

chick de la lynch

I hear DisneyWorld is better, but I just went to Disneyland not too long ago after 10 years not going and it was a nice experience. It was weird because all the years my parents brought me and my brother to Disneyland we never went into Toon Town. EVER. My parents probably wanted to avoid all the bratty children and go on the adult rides. I felt so deprived when I went back and realized there was a whole part of the park I had never been to before. Explains a lot since my mother hated Disneyland. The Alice in Wonderland ride is my favorite, but then again it's my favorite Disney film.

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm for over a year (PLEASE DON'T GO THERE!) and it jaded me as far as amusement parks go (A big reason why  it took me so long to go back to Disneyland). The fireworks made me tear up a bit, I'm not going to lie. As far as getting a season pass like my friends and my dad and step-mom, probably not. That shiz is a lot of money! 

blixa

disneyland doesn't tempt me. not into it really. i'd rather go for a hike or something.

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 22, 2012, 05:59 PM
i promise nothing

hahaha i'm wearing loose clothing so i'm set.

chick de la lynch

I went for a mini-hike in Palos Verdes last week and it was gorgeous. A beautiful view of the ocean. Luckily there are a lot of places to go hiking around here.

And please, no pictures of blixa's butt. I can see that any day of the week, but pictures of board member meet-ups are once in a lifetime events.

bright lights, big city

Alice in Wonderland is your favorite? Yeesh.

Top 3 Disney movies go!

Lion King
Aladdin
Little Mermaid
DERP

chick de la lynch

Alice in Wonderland
Beauty and the Beast
Snow White

bright lights, big city

best part of Beauty and the Beast:

Bonjour Girl!
DERP