Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@ bright lights, big city

Started by theis, Apr 03, 2008, 08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

have you finished Infinite Jest yet?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

i stopped reading it for now and i'm reading the alexandria quartet.

bright lights, big city

I was never able to finish Infinite Jest. now i been on a Le Carre bender lately.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

I think my brother read Infinite Jest twice and I don't know how he did it. It took me an hour to get through ten pages. Then again, he's a James Joyce fan and read him all throughout high school, and reads Kant for fun so I'm sure Infinite Jest was easier to get through.

bright lights, big city

Kant! Noooo! In college, I got stuck taking a class called History of the Enlightenment (I got lazy and the cooler history classes were full), and Kant and David Hume featured heavily in it. The professor was a German lady who half the class couldn't even understand. All I understood was that she had  the biggest lady boner for Kant. And I'll think of Kant since the way she said his name sounded like she kept saying "cunt".
DERP

blixa

i think if i just abandon everything i can maybe get through it. i have to finish reading infinite jest. it's just a thing i have to do.

chick de la lynch

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 10, 2015, 02:17 PM
Kant! Noooo! In college, I got stuck taking a class called History of the Enlightenment (I got lazy and the cooler history classes were full), and Kant and David Hume featured heavily in it. The professor was a German lady who half the class couldn't even understand. All I understood was that she had  the biggest lady boner for Kant. And I'll think of Kant since the way she said his name sounded like she kept saying "cunt".

Haha, Kant was probably a cunt considering the fact that man makes no sense.

Kant has his own damn language. I can read one of his sentences ten times and still not understand a damn thing that man is trying to say. And for some reason my brother enjoys reading his works. I just don't get it. Plus why couldn't I inherit that gene of reading and understanding scholarly crap? Maybe it's better I was the one who got common sense...

bright lights, big city

Common Sense ... Thomas Paine and Enlightenment ...

I see what you did there. Goddamnit, that whole fucking class is all coming back to me now.
DERP

chick de la lynch

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Don't you miss college, though?

bright lights, big city

Oh for sure. Barely any responsibilities. Drink beer, play basketball and softball, play video games, listen to music. All with minimal consequences at the time - that was pretty much 4 years of my life. So glorious.
DERP

chick de la lynch

Me too. Taking naps during the day, procrastinating on essays (That was when some real awesomeness came out). My biggest worry: getting to class on time. Oh, and financial aid. That was the BEST.

bright lights, big city

Haha definitely. And basically all of my best work was when my writing got done the night before.
DERP

chick de la lynch

My very last semester of college I ended up writing all of my research papers 5 hours before class and somehow managed to pull A's on them each time. I have never been so proud of myself. I should have known it was all downhill from there.

blixa

i finished writing 14 pages of my honours paper the night before. topped the class. i never do things in advance. i wrote an essay once a week and a half in advance and i only for a credit for it. never again. the pressure of the deadline brings out the best in some people, heaven.

bright lights, big city

procrastination is a virtue
DERP

blixa

have you seen martha marcy may marlene?

bright lights, big city

nope. and to be honest, i actually had to google that. never heard of it.

i take it you have? it good? hugh dancy is apparently in it. he's great in hannibal, which is now one of my favorite shows.
DERP

blixa

it's one of my favourites. i think you'll like it. john hawkes is in it. i loved that guy since i saw him on the x files.

Crazylegs

They play a jackson c. frank tune in it too, right? That's a plus.

blixa

there's a lot of references to jackson c. frank. if you're a fan of jackson c. frank it does something a little extra to you, but it's just such a well made movie.