Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Juiced: The MLB thread

Started by goldpony, Apr 08, 2008, 01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corleone

Atleast the phillies are a team I like... don't know why they got rid of lee though.

bright lights, big city

If I'm a GM, I would rather have Halladay. He is more of a proven pitcher in my opinion. People quickly forget that in just 2007 Cliff Lee had an ERA over 5.00 and was injury plagued for awhile. That said, the addition of Lee in Seattle along with Milton Bradley and Chone Figgins should make things interesting in the AL West.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

pillswithwine

Seattle is making a lot of good moves.  I think they have to be the favorite in the West, even if they are lacking a powerful bat.  If the Rangers can pitch at all this year, I think the Angels are a third place team.

From what I have heard, Lee was looking to break the bank as a free agent after this season, so I'm not surprised they dealt him.  However if the Phillies kept Lee after dealing for Halladay, and then let him walk after 2010, they would have to be the favorites to win the Series, even over the NYY.  Plus they would have got the first round picks as compensation for losing Lee.

bright lights, big city

I agree, the AL West looks to be vastly improved. It's a shame for my Sox though. With the addition of Peavy, Rios, and now Juan Pierre, I was really getting excited about 2010. But damn, now the entire American League has some big talent.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

goldpony

i can't wait to see all of the indians great players.....

.....play for someone else >:(
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

bright lights, big city

finally! baseball season is here! looks like Philly will be the only NL team to have a chance again this year. i think the AL is looking more dominant than ever, with maybe 8 teams that could at least fight for the playoffs. my picks:

AL East: Yanks
AL Central: White Sox
AL West: Texas
AL WC: Seattle

NL East: Philly
NL Central: St. Louis
NL West: Dodgers
NL WC: Atlanta

World Series: NY over Atl
DERP

Corleone

Phillies are winning this year, fuck the yankees.

go jays... lol w00t youth movement

alvarezbassist17

As of right now, I'm gonna have to go with my Twins for the AL Central, and maybe even the whole AL.  They've been lookin super sick and energized so far this season for the most part, but they are a Minnesota team so the choking possibility is always high.

bright lights, big city

i would be a little worried about this joe mauer injury. however, right now at least you only have the tigers to worry about in the central.
DERP

alvarezbassist17

yeah it should definitely be an interesting season for the twins.  glad joe's back, still have yet to see the new stadium though.  all i hear about is how titties it is.  I feel like a should get at least a discount on a ticket since my taxes paid for part of it.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on May 12, 2010, 09:31 PM
all i hear about is how titties it is.
greatest description of a baseball stadium ever.
DERP

alvarezbassist17

GTFO WHITE SOX!! :P

jk, they worked us last night.  did you see that sick ass hr steal by rios today?  god, i was pissed, i mean it would've been worse if we were behind at that point, but I really can't gripe about outfielders stealin homers, it's wicked fun to see.

bright lights, big city

lol yeah man that was a good game, and konerko just missed tying it in the 9th off rauch. right now you guys are just so much better than us, we can't get everyone on the same page offensively and that is really pissing me off.

and shit, rios is the man, i'm glad we got him even though he had a terrible 2009. he can play great defense, and today's game snapped his 12 game hitting streak. but damn, i remember when he first came up with toronto he always destroyed sox pitching.
DERP

alvarezbassist17

yeah dude.  I'm pretty stoked on our team, I just hope the can hold it together the whole year.  Is there a shitload of new players on the sox?  that never helps team continuity.

bright lights, big city

yeah a completely different team when compared to last year's team that relied on the HRs. but these most of the new guys are veterans that are getting big money, so wtf
DERP

wax

main reason i dont like mlb; 2 much 1 on 1

deftjess

OMG did anyone see that.....Umpire blew the call at first that would of been a Perfect Game it was not even close he was out,

bright lights, big city

lol yeah that does suck. but then it happened in a tigers/indians game, so who cares.
DERP

bright lights, big city

actually what i said above was pretty stupid, even though i hate both teams. i just really want to know what it will take for bud selig to pull his head out of his ass and bring instant replay to mlb. EVERYONE knows it was a bad call. the ump admitted it. everyone took it well, especially galarraga and the tigers fans. seriously, just give everyone what they want.
DERP

alvarezbassist17

Yeah, but I guarantee all of the controversy is going to make this perfect game a lot more memorable for the pitcher and baseball fans... and especially that umpire haha.