Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Woody Allen

Started by deftonekid, Apr 18, 2008, 10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonekid

I've been watching some of his movies lately. I used to like Annie Hall a lot but now I love it, what a great movie. I think he's a very good director and an excellent comedian.

My top 3:

Annie Hall
Manhattan
Deconstructing Harry

Discuss.

bright lights, big city

Play It Again Sam is another classic.
and the first half of Small Time Crooks is really hilarious.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deafnotes

woody allen is underrated.

deftonekid

he's also a pervert but i like his movies haha

deafnotes

Quote from: deftonekid on Apr 23, 2008, 09:37 PM
he's also a pervert but i like his movies haha

haha lol.  he has a good sense ofhumor though. i heard hes dating scarlette lol

deftonekid

he's fucking Mia Farrow's daughter too haha

deftonekid

I watched Cassandra's Dream the other day, what a funny and tragical shit, that's why I love his movies.

deafnotes

damn he married his adopted daughter. fuking weird eh

theis

Quote from: deafnotes on Aug 28, 2008, 10:18 PM

welcome to 1992.

deafnotes

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Aug 28, 2008, 11:08 PM
Quote from: deafnotes on Aug 28, 2008, 10:18 PM

welcome to 1992.

i was 6 yr old in 92
lol

fireflyry

I find him annoying.

He also seems to have a habit of casting incredibly gorgeous women as his love interest which is rather laughable.

In saying he does write some great dialogue.Just a pity he's such a fan of casting himself, he should learn the lesson Tarantino did.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

deftonekid

I like his acting, I find it very peculiar.

theis

hey Jonas, you've seen quite a few of Woody's flicks, right?

I've seen Annie Hall, Manhattan and Anything Else.

Loved Annie Hall and Manhattan...didn't care much for Anything Else. Could you recommend me some other of his best movies? maybe similiar or in the same vein as AH and Manhattan?

bright lights, big city

personally i'd recommend Play It Again Sam. that is very underrated. but I believe pretty much the rest of his filmography is pretty different.

Sleeper, Bananas, Take the Money and Run, are all hilarious. and as far as his newer films, I enjoyed Small Time Crooks
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftonekid

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Jan 10, 2009, 11:07 AM
hey Jonas, you've seen quite a few of Woody's flicks, right?

I've seen Annie Hall, Manhattan and Anything Else.

Loved Annie Hall and Manhattan...didn't care much for Anything Else. Could you recommend me some other of his best movies? maybe similiar or in the same vein as AH and Manhattan?
Yeah Annie Hall and Manhattan are just great. Anything Else has some funny stuff but not his best for sure.

Well I like Deconstructing Harry a lot, cuz it's so crazy funny, but also you can watch some of his older movies like Take the Money And Run, Bananas or Everything you always wanted to know about sex. His newer films are OK, not funny as he used to be but he's trying to change I think, you'll see what I'm talking about if you watch Match Point and Vicky Christina Barcelona, which I think are cool flicks.

I just watched Vicky Christina Barcelona the other day, I think It was Ok, I liked it. It has this weird Allen's humor, a love triangle and great performances by the main characters.

theis

all right, thanks man. i'll look into those.

bright lights, big city

Finally saw Vicky Cristina Barcelona. As much as I miss the "old" Woody Allen formula for comedy, and want to dislike his movies, honestly, I did enjoy this. Plus, Scarlett's hot as always and Penelope Cruz has gotten better as an actress.
DERP

deftonekid

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 23, 2009, 06:07 PM
As much as I miss the "old" Woody Allen formula for comedy
yeah I miss it too, but Woody will always be Woody. He always knows how to put together a great cast.

I think he's gonna have Naomi Watts on his new proyect, hope he can do an oldstyle comedy, we'll see.

bright lights, big city

Ok what I bitched about a couple posts up has been nullified. I just watched Whatever Works, and it just felt like an old Woody Allen film. Witty and smart dialogue, well written plot, it was my favorite Allen movie since Mighty Aphrodite or maybe even Crimes and Misdemeanors. You could just picture Woody Allen saying some of the things Larry David says, it's awesome. And loved the decision for LD to play the star, he has the curmudgeon role down pat, whereas Woody usually hits the depressed characters perfectly. Really, a good movie that deserves to be seen.
DERP

Nailec

"I can't listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer Poland."