Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

a question about megadeth

Started by Fireal1222, Apr 25, 2008, 07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

i dont listen to megadeth. never will.. my friend harry from work is a huge fan of them.. and he plays them for me from time to time.. the guitar players are incredible. but the music isnt my mug of beer.

what do you guys think of them since a lot of you are into heavy metal

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theis

I could never get into them. Always felt they were a bad Metallica ripoff.

They're just a boring band.

But get Rust in Peace. It's probably their most critically acclaimed album.

Fireal1222

honestly. im not gonna get anything by them. i just wanted to know if they are good or not

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

blondie

they have a few decent songs from their start, all the way to youthanasia. that's if you can get past dave mustaine's somewhat whining voice.

Fireal1222

lmao i love this board.. theres an add next to where i am typing this. that has a picture of megadeth. and dave mustane looks so funny

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

goldpony

i was never a huge fan, but i like megadeth. i used to listen to their albums all the time in high school. as for the metallica comment earlier...while i dont think they have ever sounded anything like metallica, it would make sense since mustaine was their original guitarist. he cowrote about half the songs on kill em all
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Frankz0r

if you don't care about them why the hell you wanna know this? This is no sense...

They're the shit, and there's one BIG reason I like them more than Metallica (YEAH, YOU READ IT)...

...well there are at least 2 reasons for me:

1.Im bored of metallica... I know they're an Icon and bla bla bla and all that's it's true, but now I hate metallica just cuz... it bores me.
2. Last metallica's albumes suck... so HARD.

That's not the megadeth case...

Anyways, I've never thought it's a ripoff of metallica.

snw777

ignore the fashion

they have a few alright songs in my book, but that about it

Swords

megadeth ruled... kinda past tense.

YOUTHANASIA.

FYIHYD

White Wrist

Frankz0r

Quote from: Swords on Apr 25, 2008, 11:19 PM
megadeth ruled... kinda past tense.

YOUTHANASIA.

yeah it's possible.

mr.sinister

yeah megadeth owns. after youthanasia they sucked dick every night. but now they are a bit better. best album is probably Rust In Peace.

Atomic

of the 2 Megadeth albums i hav (and greatest hits) i cant find any songs i didnt like

Metallica sux
My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

Hidalgo

megadeth is great. they're actually my 2nd favorite band, behind deftones

Fireal1222

i had no idea the thread would get this much attention

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Oldnewtype

I fucking love Megadeth. Rust In Peace has got to be one of the greatest thrash metal albums of all time. There are alot of crappy Megadeth abums, like youthanasia, but Peace Sells, Rust in Peace and even Countdown are all badass albums. I definitely have to agree with frank...

Quote from: Frankz0r on Apr 25, 2008, 09:16 PM
there's one BIG reason I like them more than Metallica  Last metallica's albumes suck... so HARD.

That's not the megadeth case...

United Abominations, Megadeth's 2007 album, is actually really fucking good compared to that piece of crap st anger. At least Megadeth is still sticking to what they do. I want to add I really love Metallica as well but in no way is megadeth a metallica rip-off. Its like two trees growing from the same set of roots.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Megadeth are fucking great ! Yeah they have some shitty albums like Risk and Crypting writings but their first CDs are great ! Metallica hasn't put anything good since And Justice For All. The last CD of megadeth was great and the final song of that CD is the shit.

Top Megadeth albums and songs from each album

1.Rust in peace (Tornado of souls, Five magics, Hangar 18,Holy wars)
2.Peace sells  (Peace sells but who is buying?, Devil's island, Bad omen)
3.United Abominations (Burnt Ice, Washington is next, never walk alone)
4.Youthanasia (Youthanasia, Addicted to chaos, I thought I knew it all)
5.Countdown to extinction (Ashes in your mouth, Foreclosure of a dream, Symphony of destruction, Sweating bullets, Skin o'my teeth)
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

indychinoluv

This might show my age...but I still love them.  Sure Dave is a prick and is still bitter over getting the boot from Metallica (but do you blame him?)

They always remind me of such a perfect musical time in my life.  The big Four (Megadeth, Metallica, slayer and Anthrax) just got me going.

Oldnewtype

you know whats funny, my friend bought the Arsenal DVD and I realized as badass as their music in the guys ion the band have the latest flattest personalities ive ever seen.