Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Good ol fashioned shit talkin'

Started by shine down unshy, Apr 30, 2008, 12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shine down unshy

Got this bulletin and I thought it was interesting.  Burton Bell had some stuff to say about Chino.  I'm not sure if it's totally legit, but see for yourself.  Here's the excerpt:

"Rock N Roll Experience: Have you ever met any rockstars who were a**holes?

Burton Bell: ALOT! (laughs) Honestly, Chino from the Deftones...I remember, we toured with The Deftones & that guy never talked..I tried to go talking to that guy & he never talked to me, I even went up to him backstage after one of his shows in LA & I just tried to talk to him & he was like (does a shrugged off impersonation)  "

He goes on to say he's a dick, haha.  Alot of us know Chino can be a pretty fucking isolated guy, so I can't exactly blame him for saying it.

Source:  http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=95923

ToniteWeMurder

Burton has the right to his opinions but can someone please tell me the last good Fear Factory record if there ever was one, he's just jealous of Chino and others cuz he can't sell albums to save his career

Jacob

Quote from: ToniteWeMurder on Apr 30, 2008, 05:32 AM
Burton has the right to his opinions but can someone please tell me the last good Fear Factory record if there ever was one, he's just jealous of Chino and others cuz he can't sell albums to save his career

yeah, and Deftones are selling millions upon millions of records these days... or not. I'm pretty sure he's satisfied with that he's achieved with Fear Factory. so I doubt it's jealousy.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

White Wrist

Deftones-argentina

Reading the entire interview this guy has some shit to say about everyone. Still I think he may be right, we know chino can be great sometimes and other times a dick. He's a human, isn't he?

theshadeisatool

Shame, I didn't think Burton C. Bell was actually like that.

'If you can't say something nice...' I say

emehlen

Fuck Burton, maybe Chino just didn't want to talk, so take a hint and get lost. 

wither-I

maybe burton is just a fag and chino didnt want to tal to him...
i didnt read the wholething but it sounds like chino just kinda brushed him off/ ignored him... thatdoesnt necessarily make him an asshole...

when i personally brus people off im nice about it,
but then again your still disregarding them,
and that is jerk offness in its own.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

blondie

Quote from: wither-I on Apr 30, 2008, 04:42 PM
maybe burton is just a fag

this is the only possible explanation.

i doubt chino is really a dick. with all the morons who try to lick his dick throughout the duration of a tour, he's bound to get sick of it.

deepest_ocean

your all a bunch of naive fanboys. Hah - guess someone had to say it.

Penicks

Yeah. I can honestly imagine Chino being stuck up. But who gives a flying dick, right?

vadimo

maybe burton is just a fag and chino didnt want to tal to him...
i didnt read the wholething but it sounds like chino just kinda brushed him off/ ignored him... thatdoesnt necessarily make him an asshole...

when i personally brus people off im nice about it,
but then again your still disregarding them,
and that is jerk offness in its own.

i agree! He sounded like an arsehole who never thinks twice about people.

wasn't there time around 2005 when chino at live Fear factory concert plaid one song on guitar????

shine down unshy

That's what I'm sayin..they have history together and to let one bad experience judge that person as a whole is just narrow-minded.

E-Money

Hidalgo

Quote from: aenemic on Apr 30, 2008, 09:13 AM
Quote from: ToniteWeMurder on Apr 30, 2008, 05:32 AM

yeah, and Deftones are selling millions upon millions of records these days... or not. I'm pretty sure he's satisfied with that he's achieved with Fear Factory. so I doubt it's jealousy.
they'll not selling a massive amount lately, but they've sold like 5 million records in their career. that's pretty damn good

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

i kill for fun

yea i can totally see chino doin that..one guy told me he saw him in a bar and went up  to commend him and shake his hand, and chino just snobbishly looked at the guys outreached hand and turned away...sounds like a total dick hole to me..but who cares
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

deftonekid

Quote from: blondie on Apr 30, 2008, 07:04 PM
maybe burton is just a fag

this is the only possible explanation.

i doubt chino is really a dick. with all the morons who try to lick his dick throughout the duration of a tour, he's bound to get sick of it.

Agreed

Hidalgo

Chino was pretty nice to me when i met him. he came over to us