Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

CULT OF LUNA

Started by cEvin Key, May 10, 2008, 12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cEvin Key

Quote from: vadimo on Jul 12, 2008, 01:43 PM
has anyone ever noticed that during "Somewhere Along the Highway" era their vocalist (Klas Rydberg) was never present on stage, now in 'Eternal Kingdom' he is back on stage, i assumed that maybe he quit the band after 'Salvation' era and now reunited with the band???

After Scala show i asked him whether he left the band after Salvation and he said "no i was always there!"

anyone knows more about this?

can someone tell if im wrong

he's child was born around that time so he didn't do one of the tours for that album.i think the guys did 3,4  tour's or so for that record and he just missed one.

vadimo

ahh ok thanks cEvin Key

Following Betulas is my fav track and the ending is EPIC when they plaid it live it felt like they had this massive orchestra sound

Alvar

the DVD will be released in march

here is a first teaser
[youtube=425,350]SWIi17NR7uU[/youtube]

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

black coffee

the end of Ghost Trail is so amazing.

hopefully they'll make this available in their webstoreas well, since the trailer says it'll be an 'exclusive Sweden release'

theis

Quote from: Alvar on Jan 20, 2009, 11:57 PM

here is a first teaser

awesome.

whodunit?

^^ noice. I didn't know they have two drumers.  :o

theis

Jizzlobber

pretty good band ...

<

Nebontha

-
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

theis

Quote from: black coffee on Jan 24, 2009, 10:14 AM
the end of Ghost Trail is so amazing.

indeed. simply crushing.

vadimo

ahh cant wait for the dvd, looks like post-production has captured the sound perfection and imaginary scenes very well.

Alvar

cant wait cant wait ...

for anyone who is interested in the setlist

01. Following Betulas
02. Owlwood
03. Ghost trail
04. Leave me here
05. Österbotten
06. Finland
07. Adrift
08. Eternal Kingdom
09. Echoes
10. Dark city, dead man (YEAH!)

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

skooks

Bumpizzle.

I can't fucking wait for that DVD. I was at that show and it was one of the greatest things I have ever witnessed. It was like a wall of sound, crushing and epic and beautiful. I loved every second.
Fuck, I love this band.
http://www.last.fm/user/skooks
http://skooks.tumblr.com/

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Alvar

yeah i also cant wait. too bad we have to wait one more month for the DVD, but it will be worth the waiting.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra

defTHE1s

Quote from: Alvar on Jan 20, 2009, 11:57 PM

here is a first teaser
WOW !! THAT WAS REALLY AMAZING!!
I think I'm gonna check better this band!!
I've checked some stuff on youtube, and thats great!!
:o :o :o :o @ two drummers!!  8)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Hell_Tanner

Saw them live 2 weeks ago, they're so good, I've been a fan for more than a year. The ending with Ghost Trail is amazing, they totally lost control, 7 guys so into their music, that HAS to be seen.
Plus they're really nice guys too, they signed everything in sight at the merch stand before and after the gig.

Alvar

[youtube=425,350]HVS8cPIEiDY[/youtube]

DIM

my search for salvation has begun
to find a place where our hearts beat as one

last.fm/user/z0z0bra

skooks

DVD release keeps getting pushed back. I am getting impatient :(
http://www.last.fm/user/skooks
http://skooks.tumblr.com/

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

theis

I got the DVD yesterday. Amazing.

Eternal Kingdom is one of the best albums in post-metal.

And the concept behind it makes it even more awesome:

"Cult of Luna rehearsed in an area that was once the site of a long demolished mental institution. Upon moving their practice space to a different spot on the same site, the band uncovered long forgotten relics of the hospital, including old apparatus and medical journals. Amongst the discovery was the diary of Holger Nilsson, a former inmate of the prison placed there after drowning his wife. The diary was titled 'Tales from the Eternal Kingdom'.

Digesting the diary, the band realised that they had stumbled upon the ramblings of a madman. In the diary, Nilsson blamed the death of his wife on the Näcken, a Swedish folk entity believed to be Satan. The diary created a completely imagined world in which owl men and tree men all contributed to a fantasy story that explained why Nilsson was innocent of the crime."

Jacob

yeah, it's a cool story (which was explained a long time ago on the previous page of this thread :P ) but somehow I feel it might very well be made up. why would that stuff still be lying around like that? and if he was a madman who actually believed in what he wrote, why would he entitle the diary "Tales from the Eternal Kingdom"?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep