Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Large Hadron Collider

Started by Zevaka, May 14, 2008, 04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

you gota admit, that would be pretty cool

Zevaka

unfortunately, they delayed activation again.
so sad

devilinside

They dont have the balls we Americans do. HAHAHA

bright lights, big city

yeah we're awesome we do thinks haphazardly and half-assed. its the american way!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

Jacob

damn, that thing looks cool. now I need to read up on it.

I was, too, kind of disappointed that they didn't activate it and blew up the world.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Variable

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 15, 2008, 03:47 PM
yeah we're awesome we do thinks haphazardly and half-assed. its the american way!
but we do them

goldpony

im not surprised they delayed activation. do you know how much energy this thing takes to work? its astronomical, part of the reason why one was never built in the US.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Jacob

apparantly the chance of it producing "strangelets" (which would basically instantly wipe out the entire planet) are as big as "winning the lottery three weeks in a row". so it is possible, but it won't happen. I like how they on several occasions say that it could very well end the world, but the chance is so insignificant that there's nothing to worry about.

let's just hope we're not shit out of luck then :P

bright lights, big city

Quote from: goldpony on May 15, 2008, 10:00 PM
im not surprised they delayed activation. do you know how much energy this thing takes to work? its astronomical, part of the reason why one was never built in the US.

Fermilab is in suburban Chicago
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

goldpony

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 15, 2008, 10:34 PM

i dont think that is as large as the one in sweden. they were going to build a particle accelerator as large as the one in sweden in oklahoma back in the 80s but the cost to build and run it was too large
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

fireflyry

I''m cashing in my Playboy shares just in case.

Cheers for the thread though...interesting stuff.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Jacob

Quote from: goldpony on May 15, 2008, 10:40 PM

i dont think that is as large as the one in sweden. they were going to build a particle accelerator as large as the one in sweden in oklahoma back in the 80s but the cost to build and run it was too large

I had no idea there's one of those things here.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: aenemic on May 15, 2008, 10:47 PM
Quote from: goldpony on May 15, 2008, 10:40 PM

I had no idea there's one of those things here.
yeah ok youre right, and i guess this is the largest in the entire world then.
also makes sense that we're not making it
DERP

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

The universe would probably be better off if our planet was wiped out.

Variable

Kind of makes you think of what future weapons people could come up with that are worse than nukes

tarkil

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on May 16, 2008, 07:12 AM
The universe would probably be better off if our planet was wiped out.

Not me though...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Jacob

Quote from: Variable on May 16, 2008, 07:37 AM
Kind of makes you think of what future weapons people could come up with that are worse than nukes

I'm pretty sure someone has already sent up a cannon into space big enough to blow a continent off of the face of the earth.

I think of it like this - we constantly see new cool shit the army (mainly in the US) comes up with, such as exoskeleton suits and robotic dogs. but that's only what they LET us know about. probably because they feel they've come so far it's safe to reveal the projects or because they know other countries are doing the same thing already. but what about all the secret shit they don't want enyone but themselves to know about?

Nailec

how would i die? would it be a cool death?

Variable

Quote from: aenemic on May 16, 2008, 08:10 AM
Quote from: Variable on May 16, 2008, 07:37 AM

I'm pretty sure someone has already sent up a cannon into space big enough to blow a continent off of the face of the earth.

I think of it like this - we constantly see new cool shit the army (mainly in the US) comes up with, such as exoskeleton suits and robotic dogs. but that's only what they LET us know about. probably because they feel they've come so far it's safe to reveal the projects or because they know other countries are doing the same thing already. but what about all the secret shit they don't want enyone but themselves to know about?
you know.  common sense would say that you are 100% correct.
However, I have learned something in the past year.  Officers are ass holes.  They are only concerned with their personal career and putting a chicken ( O-6 ) or star on their collar.  So they will brag to anyone who will listen about the cool ideas that they come up with.

Example.  The Electronic Counter Measures we have on our HMMWV.  They were designed to defeat IEDs by jamming signals used to set them off.  It was supposed to be some secret shit so that the insurgents didn't know why their shit wasn't working.  But every officer that could claim it was on the news taking credit for that shit.  Sad sad.

But no fuck cannons and nukes and shit.  Think about like a weapon where you could cause a black hole to open up with pin point accuracy anywhere in the world.  That would be some crazy shit.  dont like some dictator in bum fuck ass hole land.  Bloop, hes gone.  too lazy to take out the trash?  Bloop, all taken care of.  Scarry shit.