Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@ Lostpilot

Started by Zevaka, May 25, 2008, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

what a not nice day..

today I woke up with a tick on my ass, had it removed in the hospital.
I was not vaccinated for the diseases the ticks spread, and in Lithuania, they spread it is very hazardous. And now I will have to wait one whole month to see if I am infected with something (like encephalitis or Lyme Disease)..

and in addition to this, today I woke up with my liver (or appendicitis) still aching.. which is not good, not good. My friend got her appendicitis removed few days before, and now I am starting to think it would be so much better for me to have it removed too - cause when you have it removed, you cannot drink for, like, few months.. and since I want to cut down on drinking..

Damn, health stuff.

How is everyone?

mrs_swa

im doing good, sorry to hear about your not good day. :(
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

lostpilot

:)

I don't know, maybe evening will be better, but now it's raining outside.
Uh, bad day, bad day.

Jackie, tell me something really sunny and great.

mrs_swa

I am not good with words, but I love being moved by lyrics...

"Believe you can shine when you're silver
And I promise you gold; I promise you gold
And whenever you're dark inside
Don't let go; no, don't let go
Remember there's rain and there's candy and Christmasy winter snow"

[youtube=425,350]jFaI8-vOqjg[/youtube]

hope you like it.   :)

lostpilot

Well, this song wasn't the particular kind of my music,
YET! yet, thank you anyway!

mrs_swa

okkk. :(  let's try this...

[youtube=425,350]1dDgjHBntjI[/youtube]

lostpilot

Yes, now THAT would be correct!

Variable

Quote from: bored on Aug 23, 2008, 09:19 PM
you are insane, Trey
na man.  Im just bored is all.  Im not insane because everything I do, no matter how crazy it appears, is extremely calculated.
Quote from: bored on Aug 24, 2008, 04:05 PM
what a not nice day..

today I woke up with a tick on my ass, had it removed in the hospital.
I was not vaccinated for the diseases the ticks spread, and in Lithuania, they spread it is very hazardous. And now I will have to wait one whole month to see if I am infected with something (like encephalitis or Lyme Disease)..

and in addition to this, today I woke up with my liver (or appendicitis) still aching.. which is not good, not good. My friend got her appendicitis removed few days before, and now I am starting to think it would be so much better for me to have it removed too - cause when you have it removed, you cannot drink for, like, few months.. and since I want to cut down on drinking..

Damn, health stuff.

How is everyone?
ok, quick English less on for you bro. When you put "itis" on the end of any word.  It means an inflammation.  So appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix.  So when you are just trying to speak of a specific organ you dont put itis on the end ( IE Liver, appendix, heart, skin ect ect) but when you want to speak about the inflammation of these organs you throw the itis on the end (IE hepatitis, appendicitis, pericarditis, dermatitis) So if you think your appendix is hurting, you might have appendicitis, but your appendix is hurting, not your appendicitis. 

But exactly where is your pain bro?  If you drew an even cross across your abdomen and made 4 equal quadrants ( right upper, left upper, right lower, left lower) and we are talking about your right and left.  Where exactly is the pain?  your liver is located in the right upper quadrant.  and you can find your appendix by feeling for the very top of the protruding part of your right hip, and then find the exact middle distance between that and your belly button.  So pretty much yoru appendix is exactly in the middle of you belly button and right hip bone.  If you have appendicitis you should be able to push on it and feel the pain.  Or if someone hits you on the bottom of your right foot and you feel a sharp pain in your appendix, its probably a good idea to get checked out sooner than later.

lostpilot

the pain is, I'm not too sure - or right upper or right lower.

sometimes it seems it is just beneath the ribs, sometimes it is way lower. And yeah, yesterday (today the pain is a bit less intense) when I slightly pushed the place, it ached more.

But what is strange, I know I have had this pain before, on various occasions. Today pain is much more unnoticeable, so probably it all just went away, hopefully.

lostpilot

btw, Trey, thanks for
1. language lesson
2. interest in my health
:)

Variable

im amazed at some of the peoples English skills on this board.  Obvious that of those who English is a 2nd language.  So I figured that since you took the time to become so proficient in the language, you might appreciate one more quick lesson.

But yeah man.  I try to help people out with health issues when I can.  It could also be an ulcer.  Does it particularly hurt more or less when you have not eaten for a while?  Or like 30 min after you eat? or right after you eat?  I mean there is all kinds of shit that the pain could be.  Im just kind of reaching for the obvious things that it could be.

If you had appendicitis you would have a Temperature too, and it would be very very painful, and you would need immediate attention. 

if you were developing problems with your liver from drinking too much.  Well that's a bit harder to tell without blood test.  But you could technically have a swollen liver ( that you could feel or see ) or have bleeding in your upper GI tract.  So when you took a shit it would look really dark and be really gooey.

you could even have some kind of hernia. A hernia will usually go down to your testicles or around the belly button area.  But they do go higher too.  But you would also probably be in constant pain

It could be Gallstones.  That pain is very , very acute though.  Im getting the feeling yours is just something that you notice, then it goes away?

anyways, the list goes on and on.  But answer me this and ill give you an online diagnosis, that will probably be wrong

when did it start?  And can you remember what you were doing or what may have caused it?
Does anything make it better or worse?
what kind of pain is it ( sharp, dull , burning, crushing, achy ect ect)
does it stay in one spot? or radiate anywhere?
scale of 1 - 10.  One being hardly any pain, 8 being kicked in the nuts, 10 being ....REALLY bad.  What do you give it?
How long as it been going on?
Have you had this pain before, and give me some relevant info if you have
Any family history of abd pain?
Any other relevant information you can give me?
any other signs or symptoms that you can think of?  Anything at all even if it doesn't seem relevant?

lostpilot

no, my shit is not dark and gooey (yeah, this part made me laugh)!

hm, well, that pain is, as you have mentioned goes back and forth.
I had this kind of pain after most of the parties (which would indicate this is a liver problem, though my piss is not changing color, my skin or my eyeballs are not turning yellow either..)

that pain.. well, today I would give it 1, cause there's scarcely any pain at all, but days like yesterday it varies from 1 (unnoticeable) to almost 6-7 (when I woke up and stretched/moved in my bed). Today I just feel that place.. the location of pain is not moving. it is somewhere here:

(if you're at work you'll have to see it home)

I'm not sure about abdomen illness history..
my mom had her appendix removed (dirty story - appendix erupted and she still had to work for like eight hours.. that sucked badly. my mom is a worrior.. I think she's the strongest woman I've ever seen in my life), but there are nothing more to it.

I think I'll just try to cut down on drinking now, if that helps, it means there were some liver problems. If that will not help, this means I have a slowly changing appendix (just like my friend had - in the beginning she felt from no pain to considerable amount of pain, but then one night the heavy pain started and she wasn't even able to move.. maybe that will happen to me too, maybe not.

Since today I am feeling good (I mean, close to good, even though today I had this moment of my heart aching (damn, my health is sooo much crappier than ever)).. well, we'll wait and see, I suppose!

your avatar is just amazing  ;D

Variable

lol @ your pic.  That is for sure in the right spot to be the apendix

and thanks for the compliment on my AV, you do you like my sig?

lostpilot

yes, your signature is nice too  ;D
sick!

Quote from: Variable on Aug 25, 2008, 02:06 PM
when did it start?  And can you remember what you were doing or what may have caused it?
Does anything make it better or worse?
what kind of pain is it ( sharp, dull , burning, crushing, achy ect ect)
does it stay in one spot? or radiate anywhere?
scale of 1 - 10.  One being hardly any pain, 8 being kicked in the nuts, 10 being ....REALLY bad.  What do you give it?
How long as it been going on?
Have you had this pain before, and give me some relevant info if you have
Any family history of abd pain?
Any other relevant information you can give me?
any other signs or symptoms that you can think of?  Anything at all even if it doesn't seem relevant?

it started.. about half a year ago? occasionaly.
I'm not sure if something makes it worse.. moving in some cases, I mean, swaying
pain is.. "hole-y". it reminds me of pain when you run too fast and get exhausted, and the same spot is aching for the lack of oxygen or something.
for this time it continued almost three days, last times it varied from one to two days, usually.
relevant information? - it usually is there after drinking alcohol.
what else?.. I don't know. maybe, well, it is relevant that technically I got poisoned with alcohol two days ago.

Variable

Do you get diarrhea when this pain is around?

lostpilot

hm.. I think.. no?
I mean, no.

Variable

lostpilot

anyway,
I think it all will just go away, as it almost have done.

how is everyone toooooooooday?
(it is raining outside all day long so I am becoming quite crazy)

Variable

ill think on it and see if I can come up with an intelligent answer.

Im good ( tonight ) did another low caffeine day.  So I might try to get to bed early tonight before my 24 hour shift tomorrow.

lostpilot

24 hours for me seems so boring and dull.
to sit 24 hours in one spot and answer medical calls..
how often do you have these shifts?