@ Lostpilot

Started by Zevaka, May 25, 2008, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

im good.  I slept ALL DAY because I was up so late with stupid medical calls

lostpilot

medical calls?

Variable

well now that im not in afghanistan any more.  Im working as the EMT for my base.  So I stand 24 hour duties at the base fire station and respond to the medical calls.

lostpilot

that must be excruciating.

just downloaded new album by Bloc Party.. damn, this band used to be good.. now they only play electronish-indie-rock. not cool, not cool :-/

Variable

im pretty used to not getting any sleep

lostpilot

sleep deprivation makes your brain to produce more dopamine, and you get high.

did you know that?

Variable

Sleep deprivation also allows you to use more hours of the day for productivity.

I have never heard that dopamine gets you high though.  I know it raises your Blood Pressure when we give it to patients though.

lostpilot

if I am correct, amphetamines make the same reaction with dopamine as sleep deprivation..

and well, raised blood pressure can usually lead to being high - your blood is brought more often to your brain, containing more oxygen (high blood pressure = breathing more to maintain the oxygen levels), and oxygen gets you high.

Variable

I think you are reaching a bit buddy.

lostpilot

Quote from: Variable on Aug 21, 2008, 05:34 PM
I think you are reaching a bit buddy.

I actually did not quite understand the meaning of this sentence.
Well, since english is not my mothertongue..

Variable

just means that you are trying really hard to make something sound legitimate even though it probably is not.

lostpilot

I'm not trying THAT hard, it does not take me the effort..
I don't know, they're just my thoughts..

How is everyone today?

Variable

good man.  Tired.  I did a new low caffeine intake today.  Only 4 red bulls.  Im slowly getting off of it

lostpilot

"Only" 4.. nice, Trey.

Last night I went to this party, one of my university group mates decided to leave the university for other subject (I am studying Culture Management, she went out for Kinesiotherapy), so we got drunk.. and I think I was the one being most drunk. And that made me understand, that in most parties, I am that person, which, like, gets higher and more wasted than everyone else..

This made me disappointed in myself and disturbed highly, again.
And I am again having thoughts on stopping drinking.

Variable

I would recommend sobriety.  After 9 months of forced sobriety from my deployment to Afghanistan, I really realized how much drinking kind of sucks.  The money, the dehydration, the hangovers, the stupid shit you say when you really don't wana say it, the calories, decreased testosterone, more long term health issues.  Its really just not worth it.  I still indulge in an occasional drink every once in a while.  Its usually just one or two drinks at dinner or something.  Even then I kind of wonder why I do it. 

I say go for it, you will feel better about yourself.

Oh, and only 4 red bulls is really good with me.  That's usually just how I start my morning.  Followed by at least 12 cups of coffee and another 4 pack or red bulls.  But usually 24 cups of coffee just to play it safe.
Today I only did 4 red bulls and a liter of coffee.  Im slowly knocking it down.  Im finally ready to kick the caffeine for good.

lostpilot

I hope you were being sarcastic on the numbers.. :)
otherwise I should one more time tell you you are not healthy that way.

and yeah.. I know sobriety would make me feel so much more.. it's just, I have this highly addictive personality (when I say highly, it's HIGHLY) and I always feel the need to get high/whatever. I don't know, I will probably have to discuss this matter with my girlfriend, if she also wants me to do that, and maybe she wants to be sober herself..

I have always been also wondering about cutting down on alcohol, but not the other substances..

Yeah, I just slept four hours (hangover, typical), and woke up at 9 PM.. I will probably not sleep throughout the night. Thanks God I downloaded Oz's all seasons, some good stuff!

How is everyone tonight?

Variable

no.  Those are honest to god numbers.  Thats a normal day.  Not even a day where I binge. 

and yeah I just meant quit drinking.  Not quit everything

lostpilot

you are insane, Trey

White Pwny

Quote from: bored on Aug 23, 2008, 09:19 PM
you are insane, Trey
haha, you just realized this?!   
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

lostpilot

Quote from: White Pwny on Aug 23, 2008, 09:28 PM
Quote from: bored on Aug 23, 2008, 09:19 PM
you are insane, Trey
haha, you just realized this?!   

no, this thought is just coming back and forth sometimes :D